Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

XBOX services Down What are your alternatives?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XBOX services Down What are your alternatives?

I just wanted to start a thread voicing my displeasure of Microsoft's Online services for the XBOX 360 and XBOX One. It seems I have only just found the wondrous Plex Server and thought so much of it that I purchased a lifetime plex pass. This coupled with my movie library makes a Phenomenal team. However, since Microsoft cant get their S**T together, I cannot enjoy my newly purchased gem to its fullest potential. I have indeed placed Rasplex on my Raspberry PI but it does not run as well on it. My phone has it, and while thats neat, Its really too small to enjoy fully. Lastly we have it on the tablet, and similar story, its meant more for a traveling solution. However, My xbox was right there connected to my TV and made my plex server so much more cool and convenient I have not shelled out the monies for a google chromecast or Roku or anything just yet because I didnt see the need. Perhaps I should consider it. Or even Intel's new Compute stick may be a logical purchase. Anyway, I just wanted to post this for anyone else having XBOX issues. Its not your router. (I troubleshot this for 2 days before Microsoft decided to post on their site that the service was actually having issues.

For Shame Microsoft!

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status

If you'd like you can log in to have them text you when the service comes back up.

What are your media solutions? and why do you like it?

Originally posted by CyberCat33 View Post
    I just wanted to start a thread voicing my displeasure of Microsoft's Online services for the XBOX 360 and XBOX One. It seems I have only just found the wondrous Plex Server and thought so much of it that I purchased a lifetime plex pass. This coupled with my movie library makes a Phenomenal team. However, since Microsoft cant get their S**T together, I cannot enjoy my newly purchased gem to its fullest potential. I have indeed placed Rasplex on my Raspberry PI but it does not run as well on it. My phone has it, and while thats neat, Its really too small to enjoy fully. Lastly we have it on the tablet, and similar story, its meant more for a traveling solution. However, My xbox was right there connected to my TV and made my plex server so much more cool and convenient I have not shelled out the monies for a google chromecast or Roku or anything just yet because I didnt see the need. Perhaps I should consider it. Or even Intel's new Compute stick may be a logical purchase. Anyway, I just wanted to post this for anyone else having XBOX issues. Its not your router. (I troubleshot this for 2 days before Microsoft decided to post on their site that the service was actually having issues.

For Shame Microsoft!

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status

If you'd like you can log in to have them text you when the service comes back up.

What are your media solutions? and why do you like it?
    Lizard Squad and were DDOSing Microsoft services again recently so it's probably not Microsofts fault

Comment

I wasnt aware that was happening. Yea they came back up. I was pretty disgruntled. Thanks for the heads up!!!

Comment

Working...
      X