Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's Your Favourite SciFi? (Books/TV/Movies)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's Your Favourite SciFi? (Books/TV/Movies)

One of my favourite TV shows that fox tore out from under our feet was "Defying Gravity". Epic show. Was SO looking forward to seeing where it went.

My favourite Sci-Fi movie is currently Primer : Primer (2004) - IMDb

I would suggest anyone who hasn't watched Primer to watch it (preferably get subtitles if possible).

My favourite book is "Do androids dream of electric sheep". Looking forward to see what the re-make of BladeRunner will be like.....and if it actually happens.

Comment

Gotta say Foundation Trilogy and Snow Crash.

Typical, but man were they life changing when I first cracked em' open.

Also, Primer is amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by SJT View Post
        My favourite Sci-Fi movie is currently Primer : Primer (2004) - IMDb

I would suggest anyone who hasn't watched Primer to watch it (preferably get subtitles if possible).

My favourite book is "Do androids dream of electric sheep". Looking forward to see what the re-make of BladeRunner will be like.....and if it actually happens.
        Man Primer was such a mindfuck! You should watch the director's new movie called Upstream Color. My favorite sci-fi is Firefly <3 Oh how I love that show. For books I'd have to say the Culture series by Iain M Banks.

Comment

Originally posted by Clarion View Post
          Man Primer was such a mindfuck! You should watch the director's new movie called Upstream Color..
          Went to a small theatre in London to see it!! Can't wait to watch it again.

Comment

Star Trek Deep Space Nine. Best star trek with the character development and moral compromises.

Comment

Mine is definitely the newer version of Battlestar Galactica, Good story,good acting, and lots of pretty faces to boot.

Comment

Firefly. Best thing ever.

Comment

Originally posted by kraash View Post
                  Firefly. Best thing ever.
                  I was waiting for this one.

Danny Boyle's Sunshine is pretty good too.

Comment

For something newer, Defiance is also quite good.

Comment

Doctor who (2005). At least season 1-4, I enjoyed the rest as well but not as much. I even tried watching the original series as well (think I watched 8 seasons), but in all honesty it's only got novelty/nostalgic value today ;)

Comment

Originally posted by chulalongkorn View Post
                        Doctor who (2005). At least season 1-4, I enjoyed the rest as well but not as much. I even tried watching the original series as well (think I watched 8 seasons), but in all honesty it's only got novelty/nostalgic value today ;)
                        I have watched zero Doctor Who, but I want to get into it.

I've heard Tennant's Doctor Who is great, but the later seasons have much better special effects. Where should I start?

Comment

The Aliens movies. :D Ripley is badass.

Comment

Originally posted by Siliconpowers View Post
                            Gotta say Foundation Trilogy and Snow Crash.

Typical, but man were they life changing when I first cracked em' open.

Also, Primer is amazing.
                            The Foundation series was easily as epic as The Lord of The Rings (meaning i LOVED it!), but there's more than 3, no?

---------- Post added at 02:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 PM ----------

Favourite SciFi TV series of all time: BABYLON 5 but Firefly comes a close second.

Comment

My favourite sci-fi franchise is Mass Effect. It's a masterpiece series.

I also like Halo, but Halo comes in two parts. The first part involves the war between humans, the covenant and the flood. The second part is the pre-Human-covenant-flood war, to do with the forerunners. This part is less interesting I feel.

Both franchises have wonderful stories besides the games, told through books and comics.

Comment

Working...
                              X