Subtitle View-HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subtitle View-HELP

Hi Guys, Something went wrong with my subtitle files view, I downloaded a korean movie subtitle and accidentally used notepad to view all my subtitle files.
    Now all my subtitles icons are in notepad, how can i return them from their original state?
    I'm afraid that it may cause problems in the future for I want them to return to their original srt view.
    Can anybody help me with this?
    I'm still nob in terms of these subtitle files.
    help please.
    Last edited by Sunnysone515; September 26, 2013, 04:06 AM. Reason: wrong words and spelling

Originally posted by Sunnysone515 View Post
    Hi Guys, Something went wrong with my subtitle files view, I downloaded a korean movie subtitle and accidentally used notepad to view all my subtitle files.
    Now all my subtitles icons are in notepad, how can i return them from their original state?
    I'm afraid that it may cause problems in the future for I want them to return to their original srt view.
    Can anybody help me with this?
    I'm still nob in terms of these subtitle files.
    help please.
    Hey.
    Do you use Microsoft Windows? Which version?

Comment

Hi,

Yes. Windows XP.

Comment

Probably you have changed the default program wich opens the subtitle file, but if you have not changed anything to the files, e.g. made an edit in notepad and saved the file, the files will not be changed. Therefore the subs should be displayed just fine in your mediaplayer.

- You should try to open your video and load the subtitles file with your media player (e.g. in VLC select video --> select subtitle track).

- If you want to change the default program for a specific file extension: right click the file and select open with, choose default program (checked in windows 7). Alternatively follow this guide (for widnows 7): How To Change the Default Program for a Specific File Extension in Windows 7
        or this guide for windows XP: How To Change the Default Program for a Specific File Extension in Windows XP

Originally posted by Sunnysone515 View Post
        Changing the default program for a specific file extension (e.g. .srt file for subtitles) does not affect the files( or subtitles in this case) !

btw: what is your media player?
        Last edited by Sacha; September 27, 2013, 07:28 AM.

Comment

Thank you so much.

Comment

Working...
          X