Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which antivirus is best for you?

Hello guys!

I am just confused about antiviruses and don't know witch one is the best because you know in the end users decided which antivirus is the best. Yeah I know that there is a lot of reviews on this subject but still I am very curious what kind of antivirus you are using.
    At this moment I am using Bitdefender 2013 and before him was Kaspersky 2012. Overall Bit is better :)

What is your antivirus exp?

I prefer using AVG internet security but that's just me.

Comment

The best antivirus? Linux

Comment

My top 3:
        1) Think before clicking random links aka common sense.
        2) linux
        3) MSE
        Last edited by Lagging; December 29, 2012, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Alright my time to shine.

Working in a computer shop I see day in and day out exactly what works, whats rubbish, what is quick and what slows machines down. Now the obvious;
          Stay away from Mcaffee/Trend/Norton/AVG Free/Avast. We constantly get PC's in full of viruses that have these software's installed. The biggest culprit is Norton, which I'm not sure even operates as an antivrius solution anymore, but rather as some sort of Brakes for your computer.

In Terms of slowness and affects on resources; Norton fails again, with AVG close behind. Though I have found Trend to not cause to much of an impact, the best in this category are BitDefender/Kaspersky/EsetNod32, with Nod32 Being the best.

For the last ~3 years we have reccomended Kaspersky IS and Nod32 as our products of choice, though recently there has been a decline in our appreciation of Kaspersky due to it letting through quite a few viruses just within the last month or so, and we have switched to BitDefender and not looked back.

TLDR; BitDefender/Nod32/Kaspersky is worth it.
          sigpic

Comment

The built in one. Don't waste your time and money even on the free stuff. Windows 8 + built in MSE. No problems. Period.

Comment

Originally posted by celeroninuse View Post
              The built in one. Don't waste your time and money even on the free stuff. Windows 8 + built in MSE. No problems. Period.
              Didn't MSE just lose its certification or something for its abysmal performance?
              THough I agree with the guy a couple posts up; common sense is the best antivirus of them all.
              sigpic

Comment

my choice has been Trend micro for the last 2 years, with all the torrenting & files i get, its been brilliant, if not a bit oversensitive on recommended settings, made the mistake of letting it scan a external HD and it ripped all my cracked apps/keymakers/patched files out took me ages to get them put back in.. but i have it on all the families PC's
                Thanks to Buzz for the chance & accepting me, cheers mate.

Comment

I've been using Avast Free. Of the free antivirus programs, it has the least impact on my system.

I really should get around to using Faronics Anti-Execute instead. The blacklisting approach that antivirus takes is woefully insufficient. Executable Whitelisting is the way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by finalboss View Post
                    Didn't MSE just lose its certification or something for its abysmal performance?
                    THough I agree with the guy a couple posts up; common sense is the best antivirus of them all.
                    Yes, although I can't see how that makes a difference. The was one test by one company with a specific batch of files. Everyone has already moved on. You really don't need a big fat antimalware suite.

Comment

Been using Eset Nod32. Works great, low on resources and hasn't missed any bugs yet.

Comment

http://www.torrent-invites.com/compu...p-your-pc.html

On topic, Kaspersky.

Comment

From personal experience, Kaspersky KIS is da best..

Comment

Never in my life and never use antivirus i use, are only to sign up for the more heavy pc, if you know where you have to navigate not have problems with the virus.

Comment

mac user here, what's an "anti-virus"?

Comment

Working...
                              X