This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How old are you?

I entered the torrent world quite early on, I was about 13 when I discovered them and at first I hated them! I didn't understand seeds/ leechers and why I was uploading faster than downloading or the other way round. The only thing I used torrents for were Anime (DBZ)

A few years on I am in love with torrents! I'm not exactly a master torrenter as I am constantly learning new things but having been a torrenter for so long I can't imagine my life without it! The majority of the people I know are in the 15-24 age range so I think that maybe that is the same age range that will dominate here.

How old are you and when did you discover torrents?
    0-10 (Kids these days..)
    3.33%
    10-15
    0.00%
    15-20
    16.67%
    20-25
    43.33%
    25-30
    13.33%
    30+
    23.33%

Pretty sure we have had about ten thousand of these same threads.

But I'll answer the poll for participation's sake.

Comment

Oh, that's nice of you Demonblade..

Comment

us oldies are catching up :-D d/l torrents was the first thing i ever learned to do on a computer 300 years ago :-D i had over 1000 dvd's before that and free films seemed like a really good idea to me at the time now i have 6997 so it worked out pretty well me thinks

Comment

Ahaa, that's for certain!

So far it seems I was right in predicting that 15-24 year olds will dominate in this category

Comment

I hate the checkbox you made me tick, you might as well just have written "has beens!"
            sigpic
            "I like you the way I like Lardo"

Comment

Originally posted by Wiska View Post
              I entered the torrent world quite early on, I was about 13 when I discovered them and at first I hated them! I didn't understand seeds/ leechers and why I was uploading faster than downloading or the other way round. The only thing I used torrents for were Anime (DBZ)

A few years on I am in love with torrents! I'm not exactly a master torrenter as I am constantly learning new things but having been a torrenter for so long I can't imagine my life without it! The majority of the people I know are in the 15-24 age range so I think that maybe that is the same age range that will dominate here.

How old are you and when did you discover torrents?
              Dragon Ball Z was my childhood fixation! I literally ran to the screen at about 5pm when Toonami play my episodes with my sister. Good times, although never got why I was first exposed to DBZ first then later Dragon Ball. Either way, I loved DBZ and the movies too! Toonami was really missed, I practically stopped watching all cartoons period when Toonami went off the air. Now I just watch a little family guy here and there.

Comment

Well I'm 21 and I didn't discover torrents it discovered me lol! The first torrent I got was when I was 12 and yea pretty much had no sh1t idea what it was, meant or is to be used for. But well I don't know how or when but things changed and here I am! :-D
                sigpic

| FAQ | RULES | GA Guide | PM ME | Site Tutorials | Intro Guide |

Respect is earned, not given.

Comment

But the question is how are those of us of this generation, living that ethic out in the early 21st century

Comment

LOL Cinema! :L

Chemstudent, Toonami was the best, I used to be on that channel every day, I watched shows like Samurai Jack and stuff, part of me died when the channel became Cartoon Network Too :-( I have watched the entire series of Dragonball to Dragonball GT at-least twice, best anime ever dude!

Me too Splendid, I hated the idea of torrents as I wanted top speed all the time, but once I understood its true awesomeness there was no going back :-D

Comment

I'm a month older than the last time I took this poll. The one where the top bracket was "30+" then, too.

Comment

Originally posted by splendid View Post
                        Well I'm 21 and I didn't discover torrents it discovered me lol! The first torrent I got was when I was 12 and yea pretty much had no sh1t idea what it was, meant or is to be used for. But well I don't know how or when but things changed and here I am! :-D
                        I discovered BitTorrent in 2001 when it had only been "out" for a month or two, and the "official" site about the protocol and how it works was the only site around pretty much. I thought it was super cool, I made some torrents (one for each track of an MP3 album :p) and helped a friend download the album from me. We were impressed, but also convinced it would never catch on because people were too lazy and would just keep using DirectConnect and KaZaA. Seems I was wrong, when's the last time anyone used DirectConnect? :>

I'm 26, and this thread makes me feel old. :)

Comment

I am in the 30+ crowd. Thanks for this thread... I need to get my walker to take my pills now.

Comment

lmao at 30+. Like just too old after that right? might as well put them all in one category! Damn old people need to be put down :-D

Comment

Haha I'll just straight up copypaste my answer from the previous one:

24 this year. Btw groupdividing overlaps so...next year I'll be mysteriously and simultaneously in two groups (like a ninja)

Edit: discovered at 15. A guy showed me "a new way" to DL anime and KazaA and Limewire quickly went byebye.
                              Last edited by wazzobazzo; April 17, 2012, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X