X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Are you scared of dying?

Originally posted by pH4ze View Post
    You're totally right, but what's the point in getting nervous about an exam, or a date, or an interview? There isn't one but people still worry about these things. Sometimes emotions are more powerful than logic..
    Of those 3 things you listed...I've never been nervous about any of them :P

It isn't logical to me therefore I don't worry about it. That question wasn't aimed at anybody in particular, what you worry about is your prerogative...

Fear is such a weak emotion to me as well. I control my emotions, not vice versa ;)

Comment

Originally posted by OSD View Post
      Of those 3 things you listed...I've never been nervous about any of them :P
      It isn't logical to me therefore I don't worry about it. That question wasn't aimed at anybody in particular, what you worry about is your prerogative...
      You're really lucky that you can reason with yourself like that. I mean I *know* logically there's no point, but it doesn't stop me worrying about things :) I wouldn't say that fear is a weakness per se though, for example fear of failure can push you to work harder.

Comment

I'm not a believer, so I'm pretty much screwed :p
        to be honest I think a little about it every time I light up a smoke. It's not death I'm afraid of, but how I go. I sometimes think about it and remind myself that I can try to live a long healthy life and still die in a car accident or something like it, or just enjoy each day as much as I can and live my life with no regrets.
        I've recently lost a friend in a car accident, 25, non smoker, engaged, wasn't even his fault. So what's the point in trying to live long ?
        I wana go out having sex with 2 women while abusing drugs and alcohol. The only death worth having as a price for the only life worth living :D

Comment

Originally posted by pH4ze View Post
          You're really lucky that you can reason with yourself like that. I mean I *know* logically there's no point, but it doesn't stop me worrying about things :) I wouldn't say that fear is a weakness per se though, for example fear of failure can push you to work harder.
          Well it wasn't always this way. It took me years of training to get my mind to work the way it does. Meditation does things for your mind in ways that can't be described. You should try it, it'll help you gain more control of your thoughts and feelings.

Fear doesn't always equal motivation though. Most of the time it's used to control people. I'm not saying the people who have fear are weak though.

Comment

every one is going to die some day
            but most important thing is until that day is coming will must be a good person and have a faith in god

Comment

It all depends how old i am and the cause!

Comment

It is not something i think about, so if that is the way OP ment the question, then the answer is no. On the other hand, the thing that frightens us most is the unknown. The more we know about something, the less we fear it, we might respect it more, but we fear it less.

What happens after death is unknown, ergo we fear it.

I think that all religion is essentially made up because of fear of death (nothingness). If we didnt have to die, we wouldnt have the need to believe in something greater than ourself.

Just my thoughts :)

Comment

yeh some time i get scare of dieing.but then i think i have to die one day.then i keep my self busy in other things.

Comment

What scares me is thinking about the pain i'll be going through when going to die.

Comment

NO, i never die.

Comment

its not the fact of dying that scars me its what i leave behind @ the end of the day death is promised to us all, a path of destiny and a path of the unknown

Comment

I used to suffer from depression quite heavily, and thought about suicide all the time, only to discover I didn't want to die at all lol.

However, if I were to die a death of natural causes at an old age I don't think I would mind at all. I've lived out my full life and I would be quite happy with that.
                          But yeah, before that I'd rather not die before my time.

Comment

Taking a large dose of psychedelic drugs will eliminate the fear of death once and for all.

To quote Alan Watts, "Death is merely an undulation in consciousness. How would you know your alive right now if you weren't dead once?"

Comment

I think death is just a step into a new reality or dimension or something ...yeah i am afraid but who wouldn't be. Energy never ends it just transforms. Creation and destuction is how the Universe works. All those people with death experiences cant be wrong, can they? I just don't think the journey ends at death. Now i don't believe in the heaven and hell idea but there is afterlife i am sure of it... :)

Comment

To be honest, i'm a little bit scared because i don't know where i'm going after

Comment

Working...
                                X