Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do You Think Aliens Exist Or Have You Experienced Anything?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And I am Dana Scully.... Can you see that on my avatar?
    The truth is out there!

Oh but seriously... if there is a big conspiracy, wouldn't they want people to laugh it off and call believers mad?

Remember the British guy who hacked into the Pentagon computer system to find out "THE TRUTH" about alien visitation?
    What he really found out is how determined the USA is to punish anyone who does something it doesn't like.. And what a whimp the UK is.. Despite never having set foot in the USA, he had to fight a legal battle for 10 years to avoid extradition to the USA where he probably would have met the same fate as Bradley Manning.
    He remains convinced that people in the US security apparatus have significant information they are not divulging. Kind of like X files.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShadowCitizen View Post
      i believe that they exists, the universe is soooo large, i think that is impossible that only us have life... But, i believe that only us have inteligence, it could exist life on other planets but i think that is only small beings...
      Great point. For me it really wouldn't seem true that Earth is the only planet with living beings.

Comment

• I think they are out there....haven't found us yet, or if they have, they simply drove on by. Sort of like when you pass an "ant hill" on the freeway. See my point?

Comment

• If anyone believes that we are the only ones in the universe I will show you a person who believes the Bible word for word.

Comment

• Originally posted by coldflame View Post
            I hold no doubts that otherworldly beings exist.

I also hold no doubts that some of them know we are here and probably are observing us. Its also highly likely they have interfered (in a good way) with us, at some point in time.

I also strongly believe all otherworldly beings capable of space travel are peaceful. If the rate of technology surpasses the rate of the "maturity" of the human race, it kills itself off - We came close to that a few times already, noting the world wars and the cold war...
            An alien race could easily have a culture relatively free from internal conflict, and still be completely amoral, or malicious towards other species.

Comment

• To quote Fox Mulder : ''The question isn't if Aliens exist, but if they are already here.''

Originally posted by HDwood View Post
              It really would be a matter of belief or faith since there's no credible evidence that they exist. People say it's a big universe and it would be "arrogant" to think there is no other life out there, but "I wouldn't want to be *arrogant*" is not an argument. Are there any alien races close enough to make contact with us? I doubt it. Some of the visible stars are so far away that they have already gone dark even though their light is only now getting to us. But if there are any aliens, and they are monitoring this thread, let me just say, "Greetings from Earth, guys!"
              lol @ Greetings from Earth

But when you say if there are any alien races close enough to make contact, you don't really know for sure because there would be no way for anyone to know how advanced technology a possible race could have.

For all we know, they could be able to fold space and time travel or whatever we couldn't possibly understand... yet. Or they could just be some sort of parasites, like we supposedly were millions of years ago...

I would also like to add that we are relatively retarded race if we compare to how old the universe is (or could it be that its our whole universe that is retarded compared to possible other universes?) Stretch your mind, the possibilities are pretty much infinite.

Just look at how the people like 500 years ago pictured our world, not even knowing there was something across the sea. I think this proves for certain we are damn retards when it comes to opening our minds to the possibilities. Maybe it is fear of the unknown. Or maybe we just are not evolved enough yet. There just seems to be something blocking our thoughts to go beyond what we already know.

Let's just hope that if aliens ever make contact with us, they are not some bunch of douche bags who will want all our blings lol

~Ray
              Last edited by Ray791g; January 25, 2014, 01:46 PM.

Comment

• It is quite possible for life to have occurred/be occurring elsewhere, 99.9% of species that once lived on Earth have gone extinct, and all species come from one common ancestor. If scientists could crack the mystery of the primordial soup, we would be one step closer to answering the big question. I think it's more interesting to think about what they would look like more than knowing they exist. Would they also be carbon-based? Could they exist in a way which we could not perceive them with our senses? Could they be gigantic in size? How well could they adapt to their environment?
                Favorite communities: PTP|BTN|DB9|WCD|AB|bB|iTS|SciHD|BME|PLD|GG|GFT|
                “Every one of us is, in the cosmic perspective, precious. If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies, you will not find another.” - Carl Sagan

Comment

• i haven't experienced anything but i do have the feeling that they exist somewhere in this universe, human race towards understanding of universe and discover new things has just started, universe is beyond our thinking so there is great possibility of their existence

Comment

• Possibly.

First and foremost our universe is so big and ever expanding so of course there is something out there. Maybe humanoid being, maybe just bacteria

Comment

• Some (can't remember where I read this - will post if I find it) have argued that analysis of our DNA shows that it is too evolved to have evolved in just 4.6 billion years.

Comment

• Originally posted by mtguy8787 View Post
                        Some (can't remember where I read this - will post if I find it) have argued that analysis of our DNA shows that it is too evolved to have evolved in just 4.6 billion years.
                        Typically this is a creationist argument. Our DNA actually tells quite a detailed story of evolution, because it "scars". By this I mean, there are things such as transposons or viruses that have inserted their DNA into our ancestors and other species since pretty much the beginning. This DNA is passed down from generation to generation, and you can see exactly how the DNA itself evolved from species to species and who is related to whom by simple comparison. Also if you want to read something really cool along this line, look up "Human and chimpanzee chromosome fusion." Essentially, the reasons why we have two less chromosomes than a chimpanzee, is because one of our ancestors had a fusion of their chromosomes.
                        o.....o

Comment

• Anybody read "Demon Haunted World" by Sagan? Very interesting discussion about alien encounters and such.
                          o.....o

Comment

• The universe is so vast that it's stupid to say that there is no other life than in Earth. Not sure we will ever be find it though. Here's hoping.

Comment

• I certainly feel as if there is some sort of other worlder's. out there. I believe at some point and juncture we'll meet them or even more. Right now, we have some ways till then.

Comment

Working...
                              X