This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invite trading taboo

A discussion around invite trading, why do you think it is prohibited in so many communities ? Can it really do any harm to said communities ?
    I'd like to begin by saying that not only I have never traded invites but I have never thought about doing so either. However, I have been trying to figure out why it's so frowned upon and I can't think of anything immediately obvious.
    Discuss

Trading invites Usually involves little in the way of proofs and accountability, negating the suitability and security measures of trackers.. It provides access for :

1, n00bs with little knowledge of private trackers, or the community's that drive them..
    2, Banned users with an axe to grind, this is a security risk
    3, Poor seeders who are unaware of how to manage a tracker account
    4, Bad users who ratio cheat , hit and run and otherwise think they are above the rules of the tracker that provides everything they want
    5, Copyright trolls logging IP's and activity so they can serve whatever notice they desire

Other traders / Sellers, that perpetuate the cycle, and waste invite slots that could better serve the community , Sellers/The scumbags, profiting from the free-sharing community and scamming n00bs ( cash and tracker ethic )
    ~~~~

The process means invite tree's only get worse, as the invites move further from your control.. Good users will be able to provide much more than an invite.. Ergo will NEVER need to trade..
    Last edited by SUpper; September 25, 2016, 05:39 AM. Reason: Added conclusion

Comment

In terms of noobs being invited into private trackers I could argue that this very community has facilitated their entry more so than invite traders.
      Would you sincerely trust a say 55% TI member more than someone who would offer you an invite to a reputable tracker ? I wouldn't.

Comment

Originally posted by circle View Post
        In terms of noobs being invited into private trackers I could argue that this very community has facilitated their entry more so than invite traders.
        Would you sincerely trust a say 55% TI member more than someone who would offer you an invite to a reputable tracker ? I wouldn't.
        I have never traded nor been a member of a trading community, I don't know how they are structured. when i descibe n00b i mean it in the context of a member of a tracker that is beyond them,, EVERYONE should have access to a decent general tracker and its fairly easy as it should be to get started here.
        Class's here don't give you entitlement to Anything!, but to get their you do have to contribute and in doing so provide an insight into your personality, views, interest's and knowledge in general.. No-one should be given an invite for personal gain or because they feel they are outclassed,,
        So no, I wouldn't trust a 55%er V.I.P or a member of any tracker on a single merit alone.
        Last edited by SUpper; September 25, 2016, 07:20 AM. Reason: peered<outclassed

Comment

After visiting several trader sites i can see the reason why trackers hate them, rules are non existent and rarely fall in line with "real" tracker rules. Userclasses are pointless and have little affect on the "Bull Pen" like traders thread. I've come away feeling like they have little respect for the accounts they acquire or the trackers that provide them.

I have been torrenting for a number of years, and only starting using my account here ( around 6 months ),, Back when i first joined there were an abundance of invites for the trackers that we all desire today, imho its the abuse of the invite system that's caused this. There is a legitimate place for GA forums especially T-I but its credibility is tarnished by the trader sect.

Comment

this is not something that is up for debate or going to be rationalized on this Forum. We do not allow invite trading or want to discuss the why or whatnot of this behavior.

Suffice it to say that Trackers take all the risk and provide their Members with invites for free and why should someone else profit. It is frown upon and that is all that should matter to you, not the why.
            only the shadow knows the evil in the hearts of men

Comment

Working...
            X