Are you an uploader? Why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you an uploader? Why?

I, myself am an uploader on a couple of trackers and sometimes I wonder why I do it, so I'm asking you guys, because you probably sometimes wonder the same.

I probably am an uploader, because I like to research for things that will be popular (I can't do anything myself, so I reupload stuff from tracker to tracker), I also like filling requests, it probably gives me some kind of good feeling about myself, I feel like I've done good and helped somebody out with uploading stuff that maybe they've been searching for years.

All in all, it's a hobby of mine. What about you?

The thought of doing something Naughty

Comment

Yes, I upload to give back, improve ratio, get more perks, etc.
      sigpic

Comment

I am not a regular uploader because I do not have the time and the patience to prepare proper descriptions and screenshot etc. I, mostly, share apps that I believe that people will find them as useful as I did. I get a warm feeling inside me when I read good comments and positive critisism.

Comment

Because I don't want the material to die. I mostly share books and music. The more copies of it that are floating around on the internet means I have a better chance of recovering that same material if my computer ever dies/stolen/hacked/etc. or if something happens to my collection. So, I don't mind so much if people aren't able to upload but they need to at least seed, seed, seed.

Comment

Uploader = A person who shares data with everyone.

I'm not an uploader but i do follow the rules by seeding every torrent back and helping the others grab it quickly.

In this P2P community we must appreciate the work of every uploader and help him in seeding.

Comment

Originally posted by roker View Post
              Uploader = A person who shares data with everyone.

I'm not an uploader but i do follow the rules by seeding every torrent back and helping the others grab it quickly.

In this P2P community we must appreciate the work of every uploader and help him in seeding.
              Well, yeah, but I think we all understood what I meant. :) Don't get me wrong though, I respect seeders a lot!

Comment

Originally posted by Nojus View Post
                Well, yeah, but I think we all understood what I meant. :) Don't get me wrong though, I respect seeders a lot!
                Not getting you wrong in any way, was just explaining my point :)

Comment

I do it to help the community and I also like to help since I do have the resources to be it time, money, bandwidth or knowledge. I think its a lot of fun to be able to give back and not always be someone who expects everyone else to do the ripping, encoding, recoding etc... I have been a member of trackers where people felt they were entitled to peoples stash or resources those I wouldn't be a member of long nor would I upload my materials.

Comment

1. Passive aggresion, to temp someone to break the law
                    2. Downloadin stuff is now boring, uploading is more of a challenge

Comment

I am not an uploader, its because my upload speed isn't fast enough and i don't want people to download my torrents at a snail rate, though i have uploaded a few torrents here and there.
                      Eat, Sleep, Seed, Repeat.

Comment

I'm an uploader and mostly share scene torrents from private to public trackers. It gives me a good feeling.
                        sigpic

Thanks to Hearts , mate88 & pb_teo for this awesome avatar and signature.

Comment

........I am not..............I am a seedboxer..........more than enough.....
                          sigpic

Comment

retired from uploading ....

Comment

I am not, only because I feel like my uploads would not meet standard and above. If I could do so, and meet an above minimum quality standard I would probably do so. I lack time in my life due to work and personal commitments therefore I can not seriously attempt an uploader status. There are so many highly intelligent and well versed people in the community and I respect them and thank them enormously. My contribution is through good seeding and general other support in the community, best I can.
                              My hat is off to all uploaders. The backbone of our community. Kudos.
                              Last edited by SuperDooper; March 10, 2015, 06:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X