No announcement yet.

Social networks: good or bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...but of course, this sort of social media (TL) is just dandy...right?
    o.....o

Comment

Ok, we discussed the product itself, now maybe let's talk about this: in what way do you think social media changes (or has changed) the society?

IMO it plays a very big part of how people control their EGO, a couple of decades ago it would've been very weird to see someone taking a picture of themselves and it would've meant the the person is either very lonely or very egoistic. Now, though, it's just another thing most of us do (I have done a few, not proud though).

This is just talking about selfies, although social media (the likes of facebook, instagram and even youtube, not TI and forums) has changed society way more, but I'll leave it to you.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWickerMan View Post
        FB is only really bad for you if you let it be, you can quit, I know...
        Maybe I should start an FB Anonymous group, 10 steps to a live without Social Media?
        without that for 10 minutes = madness followed by suicide for some people

Comment

Originally posted by Nojus View Post
          Ok, we discussed the product itself, now maybe let's talk about this: in what way do you think social media changes (or has changed) the society?

IMO it plays a very big part of how people control their EGO, a couple of decades ago it would've been very weird to see someone taking a picture of themselves and it would've meant the the person is either very lonely or very egoistic. Now, though, it's just another thing most of us do (I have done a few, not proud though).

This is just talking about selfies, although social media (the likes of facebook, instagram and even youtube, not TI and forums) has changed society way more, but I'll leave it to you.
          Couldn't agree with you more. Ugh don't get me started on Instagram...
          o.....o

Comment

FB has been very good for me, since I have lived in various parts of the world it is a great way to keep communication with friends/family.
            I think the average person uses it excessively and pointlessly at least 75% of the time, but there are some great resources on it (such as groups for certain purposes).

Comment

Originally posted by socol View Post
              FB has been very good for me, since I have lived in various parts of the world it is a great way to keep communication with friends/family.
              I think the average person uses it excessively and pointlessly at least 75% of the time, but there are some great resources on it (such as groups for certain purposes).
              I aggree, I use groups that include people going from point A to point B and they're searching for passengers (I'm always the passenger). It is handy and about 30% cheaper that to go by public transport, but you usually have to go through 20 fake acc advertisements to see 1 normal dude who says he's going from point A to B at a certain time and after a while that becomes irritating to the point that I have to rage quit facebook. I know it might be my problem, I'm the one who's not patient enough, but I don't think I'm the only one doing that.

Comment

Originally posted by Nojus View Post
                I aggree, I use groups that include people going from point A to point B and they're searching for passengers (I'm always the passenger). It is handy and about 30% cheaper that to go by public transport, but you usually have to go through 20 fake acc advertisements to see 1 normal dude who says he's going from point A to B at a certain time and after a while that becomes irritating to the point that I have to rage quit facebook. I know it might be my problem, I'm the one who's not patient enough, but I don't think I'm the only one doing that.
                Yeah those groups are annoying. I like the ones that are well moderated and active get rid of spammers. Then again I would never waste my own time being a facebook admin, they the real MVPs (the good, unpaid ones).

Comment

I think they are good if the have a useful purpose, I use it a lot for sharing files and keep updated information about classes and homework, I also use it to find out about new or good goth music. I agree that most of the people just use it to rise their ego and to waste time competing to see who has the coolest life. In that sense they are a bad thing since I think they only leave emptiness on those who are always a step behind (and I believe all of the people on the ego race are like this)

Comment

Been checking out Instagram & Twitter recently, and they seem to be more about showing off rather than doing anything useful, i.e., kinda one way (look at me)...
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheWickerMan View Post
                      Been checking out Instagram & Twitter recently, and they seem to be more about showing off rather than doing anything useful, i.e., kinda one way (look at me)...
                      The reality of most posts on social media. What can you do though?

Comment

I don't use Twitter, but can see legitimate uses for it.

Facebook is complete shit to a grown man like myself. It seems more like a place suited for teen girls and their numerous stalker-like friends.

Comment

They're okay, instagram is pretty handy for it. facebook, same ole same ole.

Comment

Working...
                          X