No announcement yet.

Social networks: good or bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Social networks are pointless in most cases, they're unnecessary and a waste of time. I've always felt there's more emotions in face to face conversations and Facebook completely takes that away, it's really just like having news for each individual person if they could be bothered making a post about how they're sad or what they're feeling. My experience using Facebook is that most people have nothing interesting to say, they're just there to browse through persons pages look at their history and just basically "judge" every aspect of them. Facebook and Instagram seem mostly narcissistic to me, where they post pictures of themselves for what? The whole idea of Facebook is bringing people together, but it's really taking people further apart. Being social has emotional sides, when you're just typing into a keyboard or your phone you don't feel the facial expressions and the body language. When you're too busy on Facebook you don't get outside and you don't feel proper socializing.

It's simply put, Facebook isn't healthy. It'd be okay to use 15 minutes a day, just to see what's going on with your supposed friends. But there's people who spend over 2+ hours just "socializing" on Facebook, the feelings of face to face socializing would slowly fade away if they didn't spend their time talking to people the way it should have always been. I don't think Facebook ever made me feel more socialized, it just made me feel even worse checking if anything was going on. It made me feel more narcissistic. I understand why celebrity's have PR managers, because they're busy being socially healthy, where society is slowly falling into the norm of where you have a Facebook account because everyone else is doing it. But it's probably different for different people, I, myself am not a very outgoing person when I don't want to be and Facebook definitely wasn't a place where I was going to be extroverted for everyone to judge me. Facebook comes down to the point where people are basically "stalking" them, they go over to someone's profile and look through all their posts to see what type of person they are, it's that simple because Facebook keeps history. If you met someone in real life, it'd be more of a discovery because you don't know about them, you aren't looking through all their posts.

I think more of Facebook for simple and fake socializing, it's just words and not feelings. Most posts are unoriginal and are usually pointless. There's hardly any debating going on in there, no actual conversations you can see publicly. Even more it's that teenagers use it and they're the one's not getting what it feels to have that type of social skills, it's destroying human social skills in a way. I don't want to live in a future where everybody is behind technology, where everybody isn't out there socializing the way is should be. Facebook isn't privacy, Facebook is just everything bad behind the wall, it's just social engineering. I suppose that's most of the reason I deactivated my profile.

Comment

Originally posted by HeavensRedeemer View Post
      Social networks are pointless in most cases, they're unnecessary and a waste of time. I've always felt there's more emotions in face to face conversations and Facebook completely takes that away, it's really just like having news for each individual person if they could be bothered making a post about how they're sad or what they're feeling. My experience using Facebook is that most people have nothing interesting to say, they're just there to browse through persons pages look at their history and just basically "judge" every aspect of them. Facebook and Instagram seem mostly narcissistic to me, where they post pictures of themselves for what? The whole idea of Facebook is bringing people together, but it's really taking people further apart. Being social has emotional sides, when you're just typing into a keyboard or your phone you don't feel the facial expressions and the body language. When you're too busy on Facebook you don't get outside and you don't feel proper socializing.

It's simply put, Facebook isn't healthy. It'd be okay to use 15 minutes a day, just to see what's going on with your supposed friends. But there's people who spend over 2+ hours just "socializing" on Facebook, the feelings of face to face socializing would slowly fade away if they didn't spend their time talking to people the way it should have always been. I don't think Facebook ever made me feel more socialized, it just made me feel even worse checking if anything was going on. It made me feel more narcissistic. I understand why celebrity's have PR managers, because they're busy being socially healthy, where society is slowly falling into the norm of where you have a Facebook account because everyone else is doing it. But it's probably different for different people, I, myself am not a very outgoing person when I don't want to be and Facebook definitely wasn't a place where I was going to be extroverted for everyone to judge me. Facebook comes down to the point where people are basically "stalking" them, they go over to someone's profile and look through all their posts to see what type of person they are, it's that simple because Facebook keeps history. If you met someone in real life, it'd be more of a discovery because you don't know about them, you aren't looking through all their posts.

I think more of Facebook for simple and fake socializing, it's just words and not feelings. Most posts are unoriginal and are usually pointless. There's hardly any debating going on in there, no actual conversations you can see publicly. Even more it's that teenagers use it and they're the one's not getting what it feels to have that type of social skills, it's destroying human social skills in a way. I don't want to live in a future where everybody is behind technology, where everybody isn't out there socializing the way is should be. Facebook isn't privacy, Facebook is just everything bad behind the wall, it's just social engineering. I suppose that's most of the reason I deactivated my profile.
      A case study in the type of mentality I was mocking and dissecting, logically wise, in my previous post.

Comment

The problem isn't they existence, the problem is many people exaggerate their use
        I agree with the ideea of easly find lost friends and make new ones quick but many went way way over that

+1 [MENTION=63095]mtguy8787[/MENTION] your posts are well pointed on all ends

Comment

Social networks are pointless in most cases, they're unnecessary and a waste of time.
          posted while an active member on a social network, on said social network, in a crtique of the value of social networks.

Sorry, sir, but youre too stupid to be on the internet. I suggest you quit now with your ego intact.

Comment

[MENTION=256253]mentalcoderz[/MENTION] If you wish to participate in brain stew discussions, you must post something with some thought in it. Not short spammy posts.
            JOIN US ON IRC FOR CHATTING, FUN, GAMES & PRIZES!

How To Connect To IRC

IRC Word Game
            IRC Word Game Prizes

Comment

I would say social networks are almost like drugs. They can be used properly and be beneficial or they can be abused and be harmful. Its okay in moderation, its a problem if you're opening it up in public.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowLegend View Post
                I would say social networks are almost like drugs. They can be used properly and be beneficial or they can be abused and be harmful. Its okay in moderation, its a problem if you're opening it up in public.
                And like drugs, there are certain types that are just flat out terrible for you (facebook).
                o.....o

Comment

Originally posted by portalgun View Post
                  And like drugs, there are certain types that are just flat out terrible for you (facebook).
                  Name a drug that has 0 medical uses? For people who have a rough time interacting socially face to face Facebook is a good medium, then it's abused by girls who spend their entire time posting duckface pics. It's always give and take.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowLegend View Post
                    Name a drug that has 0 medical uses? For people who have a rough time interacting socially face to face Facebook is a good medium, then it's abused by girls who spend their entire time posting duckface pics. It's always give and take.
                    Heroin. Crack. Meth. Bath salts. PCP. Most deleriants.
                    o.....o

Comment

Heroin. Crack. Meth. Bath salts. PCP. Most deleriants.
                      Heroine: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heroin#Medical_use
                      Crack: http://www.emcdda.europa.eu/publicat...ocaine#medical
                      You're right about the Meth, bath salts, PCP and deleriants. Crack is rare for medial use, but there are cases of it. They all have medical uses, but they're just really not good for it.

Comment

Heroine: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heroin#Medical_use
                        Crack: http://www.emcdda.europa.eu/publicat...ocaine#medical
                        You're right about the Meth, bath salts, PCP and deleriants. Crack is rare for medial use, but there are cases of it. They all have medical uses, but they're just really not good for it.
                        Heroin/diamorphine is so damn addictive, I don't know you would want to use it even if it was prescribed (unless you were dying).
                        And that's at least how I feel about facebook. It's got some use, but the cons highly outweigh the benefits.
                        o.....o

Comment

Worse thing about Facebook is that it owns everything you do on the social network. It owns every conversation and picture that you post and even owns the account whether it is closed or not. Same thing with whatsapp. I do have a Facebook account because most of my friends use the social network but I won't excuse it as a necessary evil.

Comment

Agree ,Comming with a up for facebook, I found an id document(bus) yesterday and I posted on facebook hoping the owner to see and find me
                            And after a couple of hours he did.

Comment

FB is only really bad for you if you let it be, you can quit, I know...
                              Maybe I should start an FB Anonymous group, 10 steps to a live without Social Media?
                              sigpic

Comment

if a product is free, then your are you are the product

Comment

Working...
                                X