What will replace torrents?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing will replace torrents.

We will just get a prettier frontend but the grunt is still handled by torrenting.

popcorntime is a great example.
    PM me at your own peril.

No emails in posts | Spam and die | Give igiver to those who deserve it | People with larger sigs than me are overcompensating

Hand pick your people, Totally dependable, Totally Loyal~Admiral Cain

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
      Nothing will replace torrents.

We will just get a prettier frontend but the grunt is still handled by torrenting.

popcorntime is a great example.
      Totally agree.

It's like asking what will replace bread. Sure, there will be new and interesting ways of eating your wheat in the future, but bread is not going away any time soon.

Comment

Well it depends on how far in the future are we talking about.

In the near future, torrents will remain the major source for pirating media. This is because by then cloud computing will not have become the norm for everyone.

However, I believe that in the farther future, when cloud storage has turned local storage obsolete, and when disk space becomes almost unlimited and internet speeds superfast, on demand streaming will become the source of media consumption.

In other words, you will no longer need to have the media stored locally or on personal storage, you will be streaming everything from media depots. They can be wither public or private. Even games, you will be playing them remotely on cloud machines.

Comment

Yeah, I don't think torrents are going away anytime soon. Because of the relative ease of starting a torrent site (public or private), shutting down one will mean opening another one will not be that difficult.

Comment

It'll all be transferred from our minds. We'll never need a client ever again except for ourselves. lol

Comment

Working...
            X