Is "Tech" disconnecting us?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by devacha View Post
    we are all addicted to something....whatever it is.....
    I have to say this sentiment sums it up. If you look closely there are virtually no people out there who aren't addicted to things. My wife is probably the closest person I know who isn't addicted to material posessions so to speak. She is a minimalist in many ways, but a complete workaholic. She loves to ski and horseback ride, however, every single other hobby she has revolves around work projects, websites, blogs, research, presentations, on top of 80 hour work weeks.... so she isn't really any better than anyone else just more productive maybe.

Comment

Introverts will be introverts.

I think computer technology is pretty new, and we don't quite know all the implications of it on society. However, its allowed us to do great things. Its negativity is ultimately overshadowed by how much it can do for us. In the end, humans will survive, adapt, and evolve to whatever pressures the IT world presents. Overall I'm not worried at all.
      o.....o

Comment

Personally, I really believe it is (and no as well). It is however connecting with businesses and forms of entertainment which is good to get your name out and what you do, like instagram and some form of facebook. When it comes to friends or family however, they seem to get really sucked in, trying to get their response is hardly easy. :P If they do it, there are many others out just rolling with the public, tons of people are like zombies. :D ~ Echo Echo Echo Echo. ~ lol
        Last edited by Lenin; May 29, 2016, 11:09 PM.

Comment

Wow! Bring it back from the dead :D

For me personally i would say yes & no.. I have met a great amount of people online and we do meet ups every few days or weeks.

For the yes part.. I really miss having my friends come over and play some Street Fighter.. Now they can buy their own console and play it at their house
          I used to think that today would never come

Comment

It sure has changed the picture you see when you get in the public space. Everyone looking at their phones not talking to each other pretty much everywhere. Not so long ago I watched a family waiting to order at a restaurant. The mother was completely buried in facebook I think it was. The two kids playing different games on their phones and the father just randomly checking the phone on and off as if he didn't know what else to do since the rest of his family was busy elsewhere. It was kind of sad, really.

Comment

Originally posted by 3lr0nd View Post
              It sure has changed the picture you see when you get in the public space. Everyone looking at their phones not talking to each other pretty much everywhere. Not so long ago I watched a family waiting to order at a restaurant. The mother was completely buried in facebook I think it was. The two kids playing different games on their phones and the father just randomly checking the phone on and off as if he didn't know what else to do since the rest of his family was busy elsewhere. It was kind of sad, really.
              I have a rule now when we go out to eat, no mobile phones allowed at the table...
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheWickerMan View Post
                I have a rule now when we go out to eat, no mobile phones allowed at the table...
                Exactly. I hate to see people being with their phone in their hands outside, especially when others are talking to them!
                And there is no age that does that. Young but also old people, even when they're eating with their families outside etc, they use their phones to do whatever.

This is just wrong. You & people around gain nothing. Some say there is no problem with that, when you are bored you can just browse the next to find things to chat. Bullshit. How people used to chat decades back then? I don't want to talk about social media when you're outside. THat's even worse.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWickerMan View Post
                  Good man! Same here. Though to be fair, our kids haven't tried it yet - I think they fear what would happen if they did just from watching our reaction to other families who allow it.

I say, to each his own - I would never presume to tell someone else how to raise their family, but it just seems that with today's hectic crazy lives we would be hungry for more interaction among our family members. Then again - maybe it's a sign of something.. like the married couple you always seem to find at a restaurant that doesn't say more than two words to each other throughout the entire meal.

Comment

Working...
                  X