WTF is up with these Verdicts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF is up with these Verdicts

As you all might have heard by now George Zimmerman was found not guilty of Murder for killing Trayvon Martin a young black male. It seems to be a reoccurring issue in America today where if you have the money to afford a good defense you can basically get away with anything including murder ie; O.J. Simpson, Robert Blake, Casey Anthony and now George Zimmerman

My question to you is if you are okay in living in a Country where it seems like Justice is for sale to the highest bidder. Or was this a case of racism where the minority once again loses. Do you feel the outcome would have been the same if the roles were reversed?

What would have happened if George Zimmerman was black and Trayvon Martin was white.

Would we have had the same verdict?
    only the shadow knows the evil in the hearts of men

Yup, only in america, everyone is pissed about it, look at the florida woman that fired a warning shot at her abusive husband, she got 20 years lol
    the law and system is a joke
    Florida Mom Marissa Alexander To Serve 20 Years for Firing Warning Shot, While George Zimmerman Goes Free
    (glad someone link this article)
    sigpic

Raum shadowbuild extJSDB(For VIP) Copper TankGirl IguessNot KevinTrevor
    Cafe gblaze ghost6945
    Hyoksang
    pejiotoPatriotlion GPaX HunTer666 MadafakinBATMAN
    WhiteLie (For signature) MichaelJenkinsSportsFan23
    and all the other members and friends (omg too many to add to list)

Comment

This is A vary serious Matter and many of us ( U.S. Citizens ) feel that the monetary system and those who bow to it are A cancer on humanity.
      I and many others like me fight what we can ( However we can ) And to your question of role reversal. If their were switched positions, their would be some serious jail time and not much of A trial, Certainly not televised or even commented on in media. As is the case for millions each day in the U.S.A., [MENTION=171424]Shadowbuild[/MENTION] Nice thread I am thankful for A place to voice my opinions on this matter and remind people that we ( U.S. Citizens ) Are not all like our crap Gov..... or the morons they put spotlights on in the corrupt news. Every country has there bad apples and brain washed masses, Some more than others (U.S.) And we the people are fighting back, If we unite and force congress to address us they will be forced to act on our behalf or face riots on the capital and every state building where the "Real" crime takes place. Thank you for reading, These are my thoughts not yours,...S.G. out.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadowbuild View Post
        As you all might have heard by now George Zimmerman was found not guilty of Murder for killing Trayvon Martin a young black male. It seems to be a reoccurring issue in America today where if you have the money to afford a good defense you can basically get away with anything including murder ie; O.J. Simpson, Robert Blake, Casey Anthony and now George Zimmerman

My question to you is if you are okay in living in a Country where it seems like Justice is for sale to the highest bidder. Or was this a case of racism where the minority once again loses. Do you feel the outcome would have been the same if the roles were reversed?

What would have happened if George Zimmerman was black and Trayvon Martin was white.

Zimmerman is half Hispanic.......so if we go by the Obama theory Zimmerman is Hispanic not white.

I will admit I didnt follow the trial nor did I really care about it but from I did hear I believe I heard that Martin was on top of Zimmerman beating him when Zimmerman shot him. Sonds like self defense to me. Granted I dont know what happened to cause the incident but Martin was not without fault if what I heard was true.

What I find funny is you never see this "outrage" when a black kills a black and gets off. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by RedHeadLover View Post
          Zimmerman is half Hispanic.......so if we go by the Obama theory Zimmerman is Hispanic not white.
          Zimmerman can not be called Hispanic just because he was born from a Hispanic Mother that is insulting to us the Hispanic Americans in this Country.
          He was not raised as a Hispanic and is White whether you accept it or not.

Also I think that there was no prove to sustain that the shots were fired from a point blank distance which would have been the case if Martin was on top of him beating him. Zimmerman was out gunning to shoot someone and that is plain and simple. I can never stand behind any law that allows you to self appoint yourself a neighborhood watch dog and then allow you to arm yourself to go out and harass others that are just out employing their constitutional right of freedom of movement simply because they are black and look out of place.

Comment

Zimmerman can not be called Hispanic just because he was born from a Hispanic Mother that is insulting to us the Hispanic Americans in this Country.
            He was not raised as a Hispanic and is White whether you accept it or not.

Also I think that there was no prove to sustain that the shots were fired from a point blank distance which would have been the case if Martin was on top of him beating him. Zimmerman was out gunning to shoot someone and that is plain and simple. I can never stand behind any law that allows you to self appoint yourself a neighborhood watch dog and then allow you to arm yourself to go out and harass others that are just out employing their constitutional right of freedom of movement simply because they are black and look out of place.
            So then he cant be Hispanic does that mean Obama is white? So what you are saying is a Hispanic mother wouldnt raise her child with Hispanic values, environment and heritage? People want him to be only white because they want it to be about race and if he isnt white then people cant beat that horse to death again about it about being racial. I think you are insulting Hispanics everywhere by saying if you are of mixed heritage then you are somehow less then a pure Hispanic..........sounds kinda racist if you ask me. I mean I have friends who are white and adopted 3 black children does this mean they are no longer black since they are raised by whites?

Also the testimony from the experts stated that the angle of the bullet and gun shot residue showed that Martin was on top of Zimmerman when the gun was fired. Sorry but the evidence pointed that Zimmerman told the truth.

Now if you have a problem with Florida law that allows him to carry a gun and patrol the neighborhood then thats one thing. I think the law has been used for a different purpose then what was intended .......we can thank law makers for not writing a law careful enough to stop that.......it was only intended to be used if someone entered your house etc and you needed to use deadly force to protect yourself.

Comment

Dude I am of Hispanic heritage and he was not raised as a Hispanic. I lived in Central Florida for Years and trust me when I say that this guy is not Hispanic. Also to get onto another issue you bring up you do not have to be white for it to be a racial issue as I am not afro-American and btw Obama is White man what have you been watching the last 5 Years Nick Jr

As far as the stand your ground law goes you are correct it was abused in this instance. This is the fault of the people who added on to the law recently to include your work area and in public if you feel threaten, in fact under the law martin would have just have been perceived to be menacing for it to apply

Comment

SB, i have followed this case from the beginning. in my OP, this never should have been a 2nd degree murder case. manslaughter at the most. just because someoone is found not guilty, does not mean they are innocent.

the state started this case with Mr. martin on the bottom, and zimm on top. when the state brought out the "dummy" they then were having Mr. Martin on TOP, and zimm on bottom. what changed?

the state did a poor job with their called witness'es. you had two sanford police officers that were called by the state, basically giving defence testimony.
                you had a M.E. in MR. Bau, that was some very bizarre testimony. and he was the states last witness!!

we had the phone call.....where we heard someone screaming for help. some said it was trayvon, some said it was zimm. who was rite???
                you had the state somewhat conceding that trayvon was on TOP of Zimm....after they had started their case with treyvon on bottom???

the burden is on the state to PROVE guilt, beyond a reasonable doubt. in my OP, they did not.
                this does not mean zimm is innocent, it just says that the state did not meet its burden.

the US crim. justice system is not perfect, but i do believe its the best out there.
                there are a lot of guilty people that go free.....but there is also innocent people that are found guilty.

in the end this is a very sad tradegy. trayvon was an normal american teen. smoked a little weed {my 17yr old does too}.

there was an altercation. zimm MAY had feared for his life. i dont know what happened.
                and after hearing this case from beginning to end. i still dont know what really happened.
                to many "what ifs" "maybe's"
                I have my "doubts" therefor, under american law.....you MUST find not guilty.

it just shows that there is still a racial divide in this country. many black americans thought zimm was guilty.
                you brought up OJ, i dont know how old you are, but i was in my 20's during that trial.
                when he {OJ} was found not guilty, many blacks cheered, and many whites did not. {im white}

but america is not a black and white country anymore. there is a growing latino segment of this country.
                i work with many latino's from mexico, el salvador, cuba, honduras.
                im see'en more black vs latino problems lately {even at work}.

its a catch 22. for me.......one of the the reasons this country {US} is so great, is because of our diversity.
                but its also one of our biggest problems also.
                still too much distrust out there.

to end this long winded post......SB, i respect your OP, and i hope you share the same thoughts with mine.
                we can agree to disagree on this case {zimm case}

Primus.
                special thanks to extJSDB for the VIP. special thanks to SiniuS for the avatar.
                sigpic
                "Alea iacta est." - The die is cast

"Veni, vidi, vici!" - I came, I saw, I conquered.

caesar....

Comment

In my opinion this is another case of the media trying to sell a story to the public. The truth again took a back seat to the narrative.

I had no idea there was supposed to be some standard upbringing that allows someone to be a particular race. Zimmerman self-identifies as Hispanic. His own father calls him a Spanish-speaking minority. He checks Hispanic on voter registration. People who insist on labeling him as white are simply race-baiting, in my opinion.

The media has gone out of their way to stoke the fires of racism in this case to the point of creating a whole new racial stereotype. The "white hispanic". NBC news got caught red-handed editing Zimmerman's 911 call to make it appear he was profiling Martin as black. In reality he only answered "he looks black" when asked by the operator if the suspicious person walking through backyards was white, hispanic or black. CNN reported Zimmerman called Martin a "coon" which was another lie but hey, it fit the story the media wanted to tell, right?

It's funny how you barely hear a peep about all the black on black crime in the inner cities that goes on daily. Those are one-day stories at best. They don't fit the racist narrative the media wants to sell you.. So what if Zimmerman tutored and mentored black kids for free, had many black friends and grew up in a multicultural environment. Why bother with pesky little things like truth or facts when they have a good story to sell? If an innocent kid gets killed by a stray shot during a drive by, it's too bad but , sorry, there's no racism there so no story for the media.

If you followed the evidence of the trial you'd know an acquittal was based on straight self-defense laws. Zimmerman's lawyers did NOT raise the Stand your Ground law at all. The eye-witnesses put Martin on top of Zimmerman using MMA style "ground and pound". Forensic Pathologist, Dr. Vincent Di Maio testified that Trayvon Martin was On Top of Zimmerman When Martin Was Shot.

It's a tragedy that a teenager was killed. but both Zimmerman AND Martin had chances to walk away. Zimmerman could have left when the 911 operator told him they didn't need to follow Martin. As a member of the neighborhood watch and with recent burglaries in the area, his actions seem understandable. Martin could have simply kept going to his father's and was even told to by the girl he was on the phone with. From the evidence shown, he instead decided to confront this "creepy-ass cracker" and was getting the best of him in a fight. Zimmerman suffered a broken nose, bloody face and bloody wounds on the back of his head consistent with his story that Martin was bashing his head on the ground. By the way, ABC news reported early on and wrongly that Zimmerman had no such wounds. So, exactly how long does that have to go on before someone's self-preservation instinct kicks in?
                  Last edited by Eknows; July 15, 2013, 07:02 PM.

"I pushed my soul in a deep dark hole and then I followed it in.
                  ...To see what condition my condition was in."

Comment

Dude I am of Hispanic heritage and he was not raised as a Hispanic. I lived in Central Florida for Years and trust me when I say that this guy is not Hispanic. Also to get onto another issue you bring up you do not have to be white for it to be a racial issue as I am not afro-American and btw Obama is White man what have you been watching the last 5 Years Nick Jr

As far as the stand your ground law goes you are correct it was abused in this instance. This is the fault of the people who added on to the law recently to include your work area and in public if you feel threaten, in fact under the law martin would have just have been perceived to be menacing for it to apply
                    I have a question how do you know he wasnt raised with Hispanic overtones. Now the big thing is he is half Hispanic even if he was raised as a green alien from Mars he is racially half Hispanic. Whether or not he ate a burrito, hit a pinata, or has a lowrider has no bearing on the fact that he is or isnt Hispanic.

I guess since this conversation has turned into insults referring that I only watch Nick Jr. and not facts or even opinions on a civil tone this will be my last post in this post.

Comment

Originally posted by RedHeadLover View Post
                      I have a question how do you know he wasnt raised with Hispanic overtones. Now the big thing is he is half Hispanic even if he was raised as a green alien from Mars he is racially half Hispanic. Whether or not he ate a burrito, hit a pinata, or has a lowrider has no bearing on the fact that he is or isnt Hispanic.

I guess since this conversation has turned into insults referring that I only watch Nick Jr. and not facts or even opinions on a civil tone this will be my last post in this post.
                      dude it was not meant as an insult it was just an observation and a joke. Do not get offended and that is why we are here to debate man, and you are correct that he is half Peruvian and thus half Hispanic even though he did not act it.

I think what happened was shameful and needed to voice my opinion was all. Now to add insult to injury the State of Florida has decided to give Zimmerman his gun back.

He claims to need it for protection.

Comment

I only know some things about this case, so I won't take a stand in it.

But I do feel sometimes that media label a case as racist more often than it actually is. All it takes is saying "a black kills a white" (or vice versa) to get it started. In many cases it should just be "one man kills another". Unless you are a KKK or Al Qaida member, it's difficult to tell sometimes. If I would be killed by my neighbour because he thinks I visited his wife (random example, really!) and the man happens to be black, hispanic, muslim, hindu, or other, it has nothing to do with racism. But if someone would mention it and the media follows, suddenly it is? I could see it wrong but that is how I feel it in some cases. Again this is in general, not this case!

What
                        Shadowbuild mentioned on richer folks being treated better: I couldn't agree more. In the country I work people can easily buy off their cases, without trial even. If you have one of those lawyers who had some famous tv-trials, you're innocent. If you have avoided taxes the last 15 years, give the government some deal and pay a small amount. If you know a politician, it's almost the same as having immunity. It's been around since forever, only we have more intel these days.

Trials, court, judges, jury's, lawyers, media: too many things can influence the outcome, and too often people walk, without shame even. But I guess there will never be fair trial...

Comment

black,white any race we are all the same most forget about that, really sad tbh.
                          now days money is power, when others see money they get g greedy and want it which in turn the person that has the money has power.

if your on a murder charge all money assets should be frozen and they should have no communication with out side world & all meeting with lawyers should be monitored.
                          but that wont happen will it,

like i said awful world we live in.
                          #S.B 80's Kid.
                          formally know as
                          stevenb1989 now with added UK.
                          - Need help inbox me always here to help a fellow member -

Comment

Of course he's Hispanic, genetics defines that.

There are a lot of things that people who have such strong opinions on this case don't even know about. Then you have the media and political zealots carrying on about stand your ground. So much misinformation. Zimmermans defense was never that he had the right to stand his ground, plain and simple and regardless of your feeling on said law, it was irrelevant in this case. This was from the beginning a self defense case.

I'm not so sure he should be free right now, I have serious doubts about whether he was following this kid, or as Zimmerman claims, they just sorta crossed paths again and he wasn't following him. Either way, Zimmerman claimed self defense.

If you want to blame anyone for Zimmerman walking, you should blame the prosecution. Countless prosecutors have spoken out about this. ZImmerman was overcharged, and this is why the jury came back asking for clarification on manslaughter and the judge told them he couldn't give them clarification.

Harvard law professor Alan Dershowitz said that this case should have never even been brought before a court, and that the prosecutor violated the law by not turning over evidence they were legally obligated to. So right there, if he'd been found guilty.... would have been overturned.

Further, he gets his gun back because he's not convicted of any crime. The state of FL as no legal standing to keep it from him.

This is what happens when politics gets in the way of justice.

Comment

If the races were reversed the story would never be on the news. It would be a cut-and-dry self-defense case. Hell, it wouldn't even be a case.

I seriously don't understand how anyone could say that it was murder. I haven't even heard a real argument for it. Alright, so Zimmerman shouldn't have followed him. Maybe he even instigated the fight. Nonetheless, we know the other guy (not kid) was on top of Zimmerman punching him and pounding his head into the ground when Martin was shot. I don't understand what the issue is here. Even if there was any real question of his innocence, how on earth did it become a race issue? Just cause Martin happened to be black it's some kind of big deal.

I did learn one thing though, when it comes to political correctness, black people have priority over both women and Hispanics. Never would I imagine it being acceptable to question an all-woman jury's decision, but it turns out it's alright in this case. I can't really tell actually if they get priority over Hispanics though, since the strategy has been to simply deny that Zimmerman is Hispanic. Hmmm..

Comment

Working...
                              X