Happiness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happiness

I'll just raise a few questions and see where that takes us.

What is happiness? Is it something we find in others? In ourselves? Is happiness something as simple as smiling when you see something, or is it something deeper? And how does one reach real happiness? Is it something we all feel, or very few are fortunate to?

I look forward to seeing where this thread goes.
    The biggest mistakes are the ones you're too scared to make.

Personally, I think happiness is feeling safe, safe about everything: physically safe, emotionally safe, financially safe, feeling loves from others and from yourself.
    Once you stop being worried, you are happy.
    It could be as simple as dropping all worries and enjoying the moments or as complicated as solving all of them one by one

Comment

Happiness is only when you split your good emotion and being safe with other people. be happy in loneliness is impossible

Comment

I think happiness is a chemical process in your brain that you reach when your sub-conscious feels you have met certain criteria set on you by both instinct and society. Things like "Have I eaten today" or "Is there someone in my life that I can mate with" are on the instinct side whereas on the societal side its things like "Do I have enough money" and "boy my job sucks but it could be so much worse" and "man Im glad Im not (insert race or sexual preference that are not your own. Thanks society.)"

I think when you meet the criteria set forth by your sub-conscious you get to have the happy chemicals pumped through your brain. The only other time you get to have true happiness is when you're dying. Your brain loves you so much that it just starts pumping out every happy chemical it can.
        sigpic

"Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die." - My homeboy Buddha.

| TI FAQ's | TI Rules | TI Giveaway Guide | TI Introduction Guide |

--End Of Line--

Comment

I guess I will have to say it just depends. I was happy when I got my new 3tb harddrive. I do think you that you hit on something such as is happiness just a smile or is it deeper. I think you can laugh or smile at something funny but it doesnt mean you are truly happy with yourself or your situation. I seen a commercial for the new Season of MadMen and the guy says. "What is happiness? Its the moment before you need more happiness.

Comment

Originally posted by Reincarnate View Post
            What is happiness? Is it something we find in others? In ourselves? Is happiness something as simple as smiling when you see something, or is it something deeper? And how does one reach real happiness? Is it something we all feel, or very few are fortunate to?
            I think it's something deeper... While happiness can be many different things to different people, I think it generally shares the common thread of being a deep inner sense in all who experience it. Superficial or fleeting happiness lasts but a moment but true happiness abides.

So we ask, how then does it abide? To which I would answer mental outlook is crucial to experiencing true abiding happiness. In other words, one must be mentally pre-disposed toward abiding happiness in order to attain it. This can be done when one consistently sets their mind to the task of rising above the daily frustrations and irritations of life.

If you train yourself to accept everything that happens as part of a greater tapestry of life, without the pitfalls of judging your circumstances as either good or bad, then I believe you can take the first step toward abiding happiness.

This means viewing every event as a learning experience, neither positive nor negative, but merely as an equal opportunity to learn and grow. By doing this, I believe one can accept and make peace with the daily circumstances of life whereby they are then free to dwell in a state of abiding happiness.

Not that it's easy, as it requires a great deal of practice and there are bound to be missteps, but for the disciplined person the reward is great.

P.S. Then again, maybe happiness is just a warm puppy, who really knows?
            Thanks to the powers that be for VIP

Comment

To me.....
              Happiness is when I inspire laughter, Or when I give to others, Be it an object, security, Or attention. When I cause someone to stop wanting.
              It is rare to find, And imposable to take. It is the gift that can not be bought and will never be forgotten by those whom I help. I do not strive for happiness, Only honer. And happiness is A byproduct of good nature. I do feel happiness when listening to music or when I meditate and radiate the feelings I would like to encounter. But I only feel as happy as I could feel sad, And I will only feel as sad as I could of felt happy. So happiness is held within your outlook at any given situation, And is dictated by how much you embrace your feelings be them Good or bad.
              Thus,....some days we feel like were the shit..... and some days we feel like the were the toilet .

Comment

Working...
              X