Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinion on Marijuana/Weed/Pot

So tell me all, what is your opinion?

My person belief and knowledge is that if someone is an occasional smoker, there are actually benefits such as an increase in lung capacity. That's all I know to be 100% fact and not just theory right now. As for my beliefs, I feel that if you're still be productive, and contributing to society you should definitely be able to go home on the weekend and smoke a joint, or takes rips from the bong, or after work even. It's when you begin to let it affect your duties such as work, raising kids, and so on when it becomes a problem in my eyes.

I used to smoke everyday when I was about 14 up until I was 15, and then started once a week or so and eventually quit so I could focus my on life again. Now that I finally am getting my life in order, I think I'm going to kick it at about once per week or so, experience the benefit of bonus lung capacity. That's obviously not the only reason though, I like to have a little fun sometimes too. :3

I have no problem with doing it or with others doing it. Alcohol and cigarettes are much worse for you and are both legal. However, due to my job, I can be drug tested anytime and therefore I cannot have a toke on my days off. I agree that if it does not affect your daily life it really should not be an issue.

If I had children, I would much rather have them smoking weed than drinking or smoking cigarettes.

Comment

Originally posted by Exade View Post
      I have no problem with doing it or with others doing it. Alcohol and cigarettes are much worse for you and are both legal. However, due to my job, I can be drug tested anytime and therefore I cannot have a toke on my days off. I agree that if it does not affect your daily life it really should not be an issue.

If I had children, I would much rather have them smoking weed than drinking or smoking cigarettes.
      l can definitely dig this. Also, even though it would make me look bad, I would rather tell my kids that they could smoke at home, and I would get them what they need (this is if I caught them smoking weed) and that is because at least if it's in my supervision, they wouldn't get in too much trouble. My kids and their friends might eat me out of house and home though.

Comment

Originally posted by xSherufanir View Post
        l can definitely dig this. Also, even though it would make me look bad, I would rather tell my kids that they could smoke at home, and I would get them what they need (this is if I caught them smoking weed) and that is because at least if it's in my supervision, they wouldn't get in too much trouble. My kids and their friends might eat me out of house and home though.
        Completely agree. As you have said, if you can be a productive member of society and hold down a job or good grades in school, and like to light up after work or on the weekends, that should be your business.

This is one of the reasons I dislike how most companies, including mine, go about doing their drug testing. If I have the weekend off and spend the whole time high it could still show up in drug tests for weeks. While someone who is doing harder drugs waits a couple days and he is good to go. That said, I do not really see how they could do it differently anyway, but that is probably a discussion for another thread. A bowl is great after a long day at work and I would like to go home and smoke, but it just isn't worth it when I could lose a good paying job. When I have my own business, that will be a different story though.
        Last edited by Exade; October 20, 2012, 01:03 AM.

Comment

Honestly, these days teenagers are so curious and tend to experiment. You just don't know what they can be up to. So I wonder if letting them drink or smoke at home really serves as a deterrent to keep them out of trouble. What do you guys think?

Comment

Originally posted by Proleteriat View Post
            Honestly, these days teenagers are so curious and tend to experiment. You just don't know what they can be up to. So I wonder if letting them drink or smoke at home really serves as a deterrent to keep them out of trouble. What do you guys think?
            My sister let me get wasted to the point to where when I woke up I had a horrible hangover and was barfing.

I will never drink hard alcohol again, and that is a preference gained from that experience.

Sometimes I honestly believe it's a good thing to let your kids experiment, but only if the parents or a guardian is watching over them, and they are safe.

Comment

My person belief and knowledge is that if someone is an occasional smoker, there are actually benefits such as an increase in lung capacity. That's all I know to be 100% fact and not just theory right now. As for my beliefs, I feel that if you're still be productive, and contributing to society you should definitely be able to go home on the weekend and smoke a joint, or takes rips from the bong, or after work even. It's when you begin to let it affect your duties such as work, raising kids, and so on when it becomes a problem in my eyes.

I used to smoke everyday when I was about 14 up until I was 15, and then started once a week or so and eventually quit so I could focus my on life again. Now that I finally am getting my life in order, I think I'm going to kick it at about once per week or so, experience the benefit of bonus lung capacity. That's obviously not the only reason though, I like to have a little fun sometimes too. :3
              I completely agree moderation is key in smoking like it is in almost everything. As long as your being productive what is the problem. You would have to only smoke one joint a week for that lung effect to kick in and just because you get a little more air flow doesnt mean your lungs are healthier so I dont know if that works out.
              sigpic

Comment

I have never tried any psychotropic substances (drugs) and will never do, because in my opinion, it acts different to brain and neural system than milk, for example.

Comment

I noticed with many of my friends that they who used Mary Jane every day over years (Smoke weed every day ) got a very bad memory, slower with their minds in general and even a bit dumber.
                  But I guess if you drink a lot over years, every day it would have the same effect. I smoke weed when I'm with friends and someone offers it I'd say every 1-2 months and I'm quite happy with that.

Comment

how many men beat their wives or children when their high?....compared to alcohol?
                    how many people are killed, do to high drivers?.....compared to alcohol?
                    how many people get nasty when their high?......compared to alcohol?

here's some old stats i found.One half of all traffic accidents are alcohol related. U.S.A. Today - 1/24/90
                    Of all murders, alcohol was involved in at least 34% of cases
                    Rape - More than 1/2 of rapists had been drinking
                    Child abuse - mothers convicted are 3 times more likely to be alcoholics - fathers 10 times more likely
                    Suicide - Up to 36% of victims were drinking just before. Prodigy Services Co. - 3/3/92

Heavy drinking is involved in 60% of violent crimes, 30% of suicides, and 80% of fire and drowning accidents
                    The suicide rate of alcoholics is 30 times that of the general population. AFA journal - 1/90

these are just a few old stats.....

yet alcohol is legal in the U.S., but god forbid if you have a little bit of weed!!!!
                    special thanks to extJSDB for the VIP. special thanks to SiniuS for the avatar.
                    sigpic
                    "Alea iacta est." - The die is cast

"Veni, vidi, vici!" - I came, I saw, I conquered.

caesar....

Comment

I feel that if you're still be productive, and contributing to society you should definitely be able to go home on the weekend and smoke a joint, or takes rips from the bong, or after work even. It's when you begin to let it affect your duties such as work, raising kids, and so on when it becomes a problem in my eyes.
                      This is what I believe as well and I also support medicinal marijuana. That being said, it is kind of ridiculously out of hand in some states like California where there are more dispensaries than Starbucks.

Comment

I see no harm in legalizing marijuana. As long as no one smokes it in my face or in public. It might even be a good opportunity for the government to make money on and put tax on it. I honestly can't think of the negative effects of it. For the most part, its better than alcohol or tobacco.

Comment

It should be legalised. I personally do not believe it is harmful when compared to alcohol, cigarettes and most prescription drugs. The biggest problem for most governments is that anyone can grow it and they cannot get tax money from it. It would also negate most of those harmful over the counter medications that big pharma companies keep pushing to the public.

Comment

Well, I don't know what to think, to be honest.
                            Smoking weed every now and then is not that harmful, that's true, but still it is addictive and smoking it on daily basis does affect the way you think, behave, it slows down the reactions, harms the analytical abilities and eventually could ruin your life.
                            The problem is the society can't guarantee that the people won't overshoot with it. But it's the same with alcohol and US tried to ban it 90 years ago and it was a disaster.
                            Actually the ban of the drugs is also a disaster leading to a thrive of the organized crime.
                            So there is no easy solution. Sometimes people want to poison themselves and you can do nothing about it, even when they are a threat for the society...

Comment

I think we can pretty much all agree that maryjane is not any worse than alcohol or tobacco, in terms of health.
                              I think the legalization would be interesting, and may happen pretty soon (within our lifetimes... I'm an optimist).
                              I would buy and smoke, but I'm sure companies sure as well wouldn't just start allowing pot-smoke-breaks. Actually they might even start drug testing more. My drug dealer friend who seems to be doing pretty well with it as a full time job would have to find work elsewhere. But hmmm hehe, I wouldn't mind the legalization, and would love to grow a few plants of my own :)

Comment

Working...
                              X