Suicide - Right or Wrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suicide - Right or Wrong

We keep reading how people keep giving up their life in every part of the world.
    Some have problems with education, jobs, family or some just are suffering from serious Malaise.

Now I know everybody has their own opinion about it.
    Personally i just think A Person has all the rights over his life then why not over his death.
    True that they are connected to lot of people and the effects of One's life is over others in many ways, but still just because of that should he keep suffering even if he doesnt have that Mental strength to carry on?

Please share your views
    Special Hearty Thanks to FlobieShadowbuild ​and extJSDB

sigpic

i really don't like the idea of talking about it here........may be some one have been through it and it does harm to them in some way.......
    ~~~~~ My GiveAway's ::: 3x bit-hdtv , 2x gfxnews , 0x DT ~~~~~ My SeedBox Request ~~~~~

thanx sigpictenpackpanther for your mind blowing GA

Comment

we all make decisions in life, good or bad. we all have regrets, and we could try to rectify those said regrets.
      when we make bad choices, we can try to fix them. sometimes we cant, but we try.
      suicide is a choice or decision.....that cannot be fixed.
      it cannot be rectified,
      it cannot be changed,
      and you cant regret it....your dead.
      there are stories about suicide jumpers, that have survived the fall. and in most cases, they have stated that as soon as they jumped.....they regretted it.
      they are the rare lucky one's.

i have always been taught, that no matter how bad you may have it.....there is someone that is worse off then you. always.

i will pass on this story that my family gave me when i was young....
      there was a man, that cried and complained to any and everyone, because he had no shoes. he would always tell people "i have no shoes, you do. feel pity for me"
      he did this everyday, poor me poor me, until.....he met the man with no feet......

we live only ONCE in this life.
      special thanks to extJSDB for the VIP. special thanks to SiniuS for the avatar.
      sigpic
      "Alea iacta est." - The die is cast

"Veni, vidi, vici!" - I came, I saw, I conquered.

caesar....

Comment

I think it's their decision to make. If you can't take your life anymore and see absolutely no way to change it? I would really not understand why since life is great, even if you haven't got a lot of money.
        But it's for every person to decide. Thats why I also don't think euthanasia is completely wrong...

Comment

By Johnny Mandel

Through early morning fog I see
          visions of the things to be
          the pains that are withheld for me
          I realize and I can see...

That suicide is painless
          It brings on many changes
          and I can take or leave it if I please.

"I pushed my soul in a deep dark hole and then I followed it in.
          ...To see what condition my condition was in."

Comment

This is my PERSONAL opinion, is that if someone commits suicide, they are weak and forfeit their rights as a human being. Now for those cases where someone survives an attempted suicide, if they come to appreciate life, then they deserve their rights as a human back, and maybe it was just a moment of weakness they're going through.

Before someone says I'm heartless, my girlfriend attempted to commit suicide at 12 or so, and even she knows my view on suicide.

However, it is entirely their choice, and I won't stop it if someone wants to go through with it; suicide just isn't my cup of tea.

Comment

Originally posted by xSherufanir View Post
              This is my PERSONAL opinion, is that if someone commits suicide, they are weak and forfeit their rights as a human being. Now for those cases where someone survives an attempted suicide, if they come to appreciate life, then they deserve their rights as a human back, and maybe it was just a moment of weakness they're going through.

Before someone says I'm heartless, my girlfriend attempted to commit suicide at 12 or so, and even she knows my view on suicide.

However, it is entirely their choice, and I won't stop it if someone wants to go through with it; suicide just isn't my cup of tea.
              I kinda share this view point about the people committing suicide are mentally weak, but again it all depends on them to decide what they want to do with their life.
              Special Hearty Thanks to FlobieShadowbuild ​and extJSDB

sigpic

Comment

I don't think there's really a right or wrong answer regarding this question. I really can't see why people should take their own life unless they are really miserable or forced to do something against their own will. But if they do it's their own decision and you can't really blame them for the choice they made. If everything is sunshine you want to be in the moment forever, but if your life is down the toilet why stay?

Comment

My view of this controversial and complex topic : I think suicide is an "easy out" of problems. You give up and stop fighting. Life can be overwhelming sometimes but I think that people can archive any realistic goal or master any problem if they have the right mindset and fight hard enough.

I have a different view though on people with terminal deseases and severe pain. I can understand that somebody with terminal cancer and loads of pain wants to end his own life and stop the suffering.

as other posters have said before this is a very complex topic and this might not be the best place to discuss.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by carlton_2657 View Post
                    My view of this controversial and complex topic : I think suicide is an "easy out" of problems. You give up and stop fighting. Life can be overwhelming sometimes but I think that people can archive any realistic goal or master any problem if they have the right mindset and fight hard enough.

I have a different view though on people with terminal diseases and severe pain. I can understand that somebody with terminal cancer and loads of pain wants to end his own life and stop the suffering.
                    I would have to agree here. To me, suicide is the cowards way out, hurts people around you and causes more problems for them.

I do however completely understand people with terminal diseases and such that will live the rest of their life in severe pain and stuff like that doing it. I also feel that for people with a disease and no chance of surviving, living their last days in the hospital sick and in pain, doctors should be able to help them go when they want, but that is a discussion for another time.

Comment

What's interesting is that people condemn suicide and call it the "easy way out", this is an incredibly ignorant stance on the topic.

People who commit suicide almost always fall into one of these two categories:

1: Mentally ill (short or long term)

If you are mentally ill, then by definition, you are not making a "sane" choice, so to condemn someone for that choice is then silly. It's equivalent to blaming someone for having cancer. They don't have control over it. This can be as simple as severe depression over a break up, a chemical imbalance, or some type of congenital problem that causes it, but if someone can't make a sane choice it's stupid to get all high and mighty about it.

The idea that someone who is mentally ill to the point of suicide is weak is displays incredible ignorance of what mental illness is about. Those who suffer mental illness are frequently simply dealing with things normal people do not have deal with. Someone doesn't choose to have mental illness in the same way no one chooses a heart attack, cancer, or to break their leg. No one goes, "I think I'm just going to go out and have massive depression or insanity today so I can cause problems for those who care about me", but that seems to be what many typical people think by the way they talk about the topic.

If you had any illness other than mental illness people would feel sorry for you and offer tremendous support, but with mental illness people instead look at you like you should just be able to snap your fingers and make it go away. It doesn't work that way, and the fact that there's such a stigma around it makes it even worse for the sufferers because they feel guilty and ashamed.

2: Chronic suffering of either physical or mental pain

So now we're going to call someone who's chronically suffering weak for killing themselves and causing us to suffer temporarily while we cope with their loss. Boy does that sound pretty hypocritical and ignorant.

Either way, I would search to help those who are suicidal overcome the problems they're facing rather than saying they should kill themselves, but I'm not going to hold some incredibly superior high and mighty attitude towards those suffering to the point that suicide seems like their best option. That's a really low place to be, and anyone that low doesn't need a bunch of people telling them how crappy they are.

Comment

Yea @h1metym pretty much summed up what I would say on it. I work in a hospital and there are cases every day where people get put on "comfort care." Basically, it is a way to make them as comfortable as possible while they slowly die. There is hospice care as well for individuals that are terminally ill but will hang-on for a bit longer. These people shouldn't be forced to suffer until they "naturally" die unless it is their choice. The thing is most of these people are in such tremendous amounts of pain they would prefer to just not be alive since their death is imminent anyways.
                        sigpic
                        My Giveaways My Tutorials
                        [ 2 Week Seedbox 1 Mo Seedbox ] [ Transitioning from Public to Private Trackers ]

We are a way for the cosmos to know itself.
                        -Carl Sagan

Comment

Why the hell would suicide be right? I'm not here to insult those who have committed suicide. Clearly they thought that there was no other way out and they are mentally ill. It is sad that it has to come to that.

If you meant, "Are the people who commit suicide condemnable?" then I say no.

Comment

Suicide is only as right as your perception allows for it to be at this given moment. Biologically, it is not right. Psychologically, it is right. Culturally and Socially it is also wrong.

If a person wants to kill himself, it is his right. If it is his right, is it right? Well, yes, i think it is.

If we didn't have suicide, we wouldn't feel nearly as alive.

Comment

One thing that I don't usually see in these discussions is the effect of suicide on a victim's loved ones. In most cases, people who commit suicide have people who love them. From there, you can either say that the victim didn't feel loved or they didn't care that they were loved. I know someone who considered suicide but opted not to because of the toll it would have taken on their loved ones, which I guess made them realize they were loved and were acting selfish. Alternatively, I hear cases about bullying and people committing suicide because of that, so it's a matter of feeling trapped, and having loved ones doesn't matter. I don't know for sure.

Thankfully, none of my family or friends have killed themselves, so I don't know about the toll it takes. Does anyone know someone who committed suicide and if so, are you comfortable talking about the aftermath? If so, I'd like to learn about it.

For the record, I'm against suicide because I believe there's always a way out that doesn't involve killing one's self, even in the extremely dire terminal cases, although those could often be throwing money at the problem in amounts that may not be readily available. Shoot, Magic Johnson's still alive. (I'm not saying he was suicidal. I'm saying that back when AIDS was a death sentence, he threw money at it and is still alive today.) Oh, and to me, death isn't dignified no matter how it happens.

Comment

Working...
                              X