DO YOU BELIEVE IN REBIRTH and Karma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DO YOU BELIEVE IN REBIRTH and Karma

To start with I do believe in rebirth. Main focus of this thread is to why you believe in rebirth or vice-versa. This question use to revolve around my mind all the time. I used to always think that it is not possible, how can this be true and things like that. Well a simple explanation of why does it exist's.First there are 5 Major religion's in this world they are Christianity,Islam,Judaism,Hinduism, AND Buddhism out of which only Hinduism & Buddhism only has the concept of Rebirth(if wrong plz correct me)

Ok now i will tell you why rebirth exist and why its true(from my point of view) . Can you tell me any person in this world having no problem's in life, its not possible.
    Why does a human dies of cancer even though he has not smoked in his whole life and at the same point a chain smoker not getting cancer.A new born child dies after taking birth,new born baby has a hole in his/her heart,baby diagnosed with cancer how its possible.If humans take birth randomly then why is god so ruthless giving an new born child cancer without no mistake or reason.
    The ANSWER IS SIMPLE every thing's in a humans life is determined by our karma .The karma's of our last birth will give a platform for our life in present birth. Your financial condition, parents,happiness and every thing including children and and even the surroundings where you are born and bought up.
    For eg why am i born in a rich/poor family.COUNTRY in which u take birth etc
    If it was random how cruel will be god to do this without any reason. SO without past life's karma its is not possible. WITH REBIRTH system it makes sense why i am born to a poor/rich family. Or why i am disabled from birth for eg blind

Thats why is believe in rebirth and Karma. Would be waiting for your replies

(karma means deeds that to have done in your life good or bad)
    sigpic

I don't believe in rebirth, I don't even believe in a God/Supernatural Being.. What happens when I die? I truly don't know, and I'm kinda ok with that. Yes I'm curious, but maybe it's just one of those things that we can't research..
    About karma, when I do good; I do it because I want to do good, I do it for me and for the person(s) I do something for.. I'm not doing good with the thought 'Lemme have the karma for this' or 'God wants me to do God'.. I do good because I want to do good.

Why those things happen? Children die, people get cancer.. Because we are not perfect, errors in our genes/body other things that cause cancer that we don't know yet.. Maybe we are resistant to these diseases in a few hundred years, but we will die from other diseases..

Comment

no not at all

Comment

Kind off... some times.
        Many Thanks to Flobie for the VIP...

The Chocolate Guy

sigpic

Comment

guys please elaborate
          sigpic

Comment

I don't believe in rebirth, but I do believe in karma. I also believe that the way we live will effect perhaps our afterlife ( if there is one). I know that karma is classically taught as deeds. There are in some religions specific lists of these deeds. That's not how i view it or believe it to be true. Its not a mystical thing to me, its common sense and cause and effect. If i wake up every morning putting good energy into the world ( being happy, charitable, kind and apathetic) then that will come back to me. It's simple really if you think about it, when you're in a bad mood and insist on holding on to that mood, the day just seems crappier, longer and harder. I suppose its more a state of mind that anything but I do believe you get back what you put in.

Comment

Do I believe in a flying Spaghetti Monster on the Dark Side of the Moon? I don't know. However, believing in something does not make it reality. There is a reason why scientists have stopped trying explain mysterious events through reason like Aristotle saying that heavy objects would fall faster then lighter objects. You may find some subjective explanation on why certain things happen, but that does not mean it's right.

Comment

Originally posted by Raum View Post
                To start with I do believe in rebirth. Main focus of this thread is to why you believe in rebirth or vice-versa. This question use to revolve around my mind all the time. I used to always think that it is not possible, how can this be true and things like that. Well a simple explanation of why does it exist's.First there are 5 Major religion's in this world they are Christianity,Islam,Judaism,Hinduism, AND Buddhism out of which only Hinduism & Buddhism only has the concept of Rebirth(if wrong plz correct me)
                Hi Raum,

Interestingly there are others eg the Druze (who are an offshoot of Shi'a Islam) also believe in re-incarnation. My view is that humans need to believe that there is something more than just the toil of common life. It allows us to believe we are part of smething more than just on avg 70 years of life.

Comment

thats true bounded by the law of the world
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm not in anyway religious, and I try to stay away from any kind of long-term magical thinking. So, logically, I wouldn't believe in either of those things. However, depending on my emotional state, sometimes it seems as though those concepts exist (which helps me somewhat understand the thought processes of others who truly believe in these things). When things go bad in one's life, it is oddly soothing to think that perhaps you're simply being punished for something done wrong in a previous life - as opposed to life just dealing you a crappy card. And it feels nice to think that 'bad' people will be punished for things that they have done wrong to you.

But, my detour into that way of thinking is thankfully, always very short. Sometimes life is just crap, and things we consider to be evil frequently go unpunished. It's just the way the world works.

Now, having said the above, I do believe that the more positive things we do and think about will eventually have a positive effect on our lives as a whole (and vice versa). But, I don't believe that it is due to the supernatural.
                    Last edited by dreamer247; September 8, 2012, 09:47 PM.

Comment

well its not about being religious its about how you fell about it being religious is different thing what we need here is some rational thinking towards it

ninjabunny karma is your results of action can be good can be bad

crates you increased my knowledge about this topic

quasiman you are correct dont refute the idea only accept it for 5 mins and just think about it no harm from accepting the idea for 5 mins lols
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Raum View Post

Ok now i will tell you why rebirth exist and why its true(from my point of view) . Can you tell me any person in this world having no problem's in life, its not possible.
                        Why does a human dies of cancer even though he has not smoked in his whole life and at the same point a chain smoker not getting cancer.A new born child dies after taking birth,new born baby has a hole in his/her heart,baby diagnosed with cancer how its possible.If humans take birth randomly then why is god so ruthless giving an new born child cancer without no mistake or reason.
                        The ANSWER IS SIMPLE every thing's in a humans life is determined by our karma .The karma's of our last birth will give a platform for our life in present birth. Your financial condition, parents,happiness and every thing including children and and even the surroundings where you are born and bought up.
                        For eg why am i born in a rich/poor family.COUNTRY in which u take birth etc
                        If it was random how cruel will be god to do this without any reason. SO without past life's karma its is not possible. WITH REBIRTH system it makes sense why i am born to a poor/rich family. Or why i am disabled from birth for eg blind

Thats why is believe in rebirth and Karma. Would be waiting for your replies

(karma means deeds that to have done in your life good or bad)
                        yes you are wrong, because judaism believes in rebirth as well
                        but it is complicated, u can rebirth as a stone, and u can rebirth as a man as well
                        they believe once u rebirth into a stone you will stay as a stone for 1000 years,
                        btw im not religious neither i belive in rebirth
                        but i do belive in karma
                        i believe that if ur a bad person and do bad stuff to other ppl it will hunt u and eventually u will pay for it
                        if not you, then ur childrens
                        sigpic
                        SiniuS
                        Thanks alot for this, Will not forget this!
                        hybridx3 Thanks for this Beautiful masterpiece
                        My FTN Giveaway Thread HERE

Comment

Didn't know that Judaism had a concept of rebirth but yes turning into stone, tree etc is there and it exist's from my point of view , well bad karma's can also effect your family like children,even your grandchildren in cases they are interlinked to each other that's why they have taken birth in that family, my knowledge has increased a little more much appreciated. This is for every one who posted over here
                          • [*=center]

[*=center]
                          sigpic

Comment

I don't believe in rebirth/reincarnation, for the same reason I don't believe in homeopathy: we don't have the slightest piece of evidence supporting it. Karma? Well, I believe in the general idea that if you are kind to people, people will be more likely to be kind to you.

Comment

I was reborn here on TI.
                              Would it be karma to be reborn as an animal?
                              Last edited by TheWickerMan; September 14, 2012, 01:29 AM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X