Legalize Drugs and Prostitution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legalize Drugs and Prostitution

What do you think, will it have a negative or positive outcome in society?

Some points that I can think about:

Pros:
    - Reduce criminality / gang activity
    - Make prostitution safer (maybe new laws to oblige blood tests every so often)
    - Make drugs available to those who need it for medicinal reasons
    - Make drugs safer since they will no longer be produced in basement laboratories

Cons:
    - Some people (esp. kids) will inevitably abuse/misuse drugs and get hurt

I can't think of anything else. But overall I am for it, and it blows my mind wondering why it wasn't legalized already.

What do you think?

I think they should legalize all drugs. The control of manufacturing, distributing and selling should stay with governments. All profit is invested in campaigns to combat the drug, detoxification and health promotion.
    This would end with the drug trafficking that could not compete, because the legalized drugs have guaranteed of quality, prices more affordable and a whole network to help addicts. .

Comment

Legalizing drugs and prostitution will have a devastated negative outcome in society...
      It'll totally destroy the society....and i see no point describing this to u....

AND if u really want to know, ask this to a Psychiatrist...he'll be able to tell u in detail....

Comment

Murgi, did you know that the countries with legalized marijuana actually have a lower percentage of underaged pot smokers in comparison with the US?

Kids will get a hold of drugs. I know in my high school it was easier to get meth than it was to get beer. Same with weed, acid, and Ecstasy.

It wasn't just the 'bad' kids doing this. Pretty, preppy, cheerleader girls with good grades would come and out roll with us.

See, once we found out that everything our teachers and the police had said to us about weed was a lie, we discarded everything they told us about all drugs. We decided to find out for ourselves what it was all about.

Prostitution should be legal because one should be able to control what they do with their own body. Banning prostitution is nothing more than puritanism, enforcing your religious beliefs on others through law.

I think prostitution is gross, but I defend the right of others to treat their bodies how they see fit.
        My Invite Threads: 33% 55%

Comment

Drugs have always existed and will always exist as long as humans exist. It is impossible to stop the drugs, because there will always be many people willing to use them. There are countless reasons that lead a person to use drugs that would not fit in a dozen books.
          Thus, drug's are inherent to the human being. The wisest course is to face it head-on rather than turn around and try to ignore what is happening. While drugs are illegal, we were turning their backs and trying to ignore the problem.
          A drug user destroys their health, traffic feeds and consequently help to take the lives of many innocent victims killed by traffickers.
          When we legalize drugs, we will save the innocent and we will have more money available to save addicts and prevent new addicts.

Comment

Maybe not all drugs, but come on weed...... I have yet to find a valid reason for it being illegal.

Comment

Originally posted by Numbing1337 View Post
              Maybe not all drugs, but come on weed...... I have yet to find a valid reason for it being illegal.
              lol...all my seniors told me to take it....its a good way to meditate...

But still i wont agree...it does have some bad side effects..... I know about drugs cause my bro was a drug addicted and he is still a weed smoker...

And I am a Muslim...So i know whoever read & understands Surat An-Nisa (A sura/topic based on everything about women) from the holy Qur'an won't question about my opinion about prostitution...
              Last edited by Lucille; November 10, 2011, 04:15 AM.

Comment

definetly need to legalize marijuana

Comment

Originally posted by Murgi View Post

But still i wont agree...it does have some bad side effects..... I know about drugs cause my bro was a drug addicted and he is still a weed smoker...

And I am a Muslim...So i know whoever read & understands Surat An-Nisa (A sura/topic based on everything about women) from the holy Qur'an won't question about my opinion....
                  umm so what are the bad side effects??? and marijuana isn't addictive...

Comment

Originally posted by Numbing1337 View Post
                    umm so what are the bad side effects??? and marijuana isn't addictive...
                    when my bro comes home, we family members don't smile....
                    when he smokes, he behaves badly to us....always sleep...and weed was the stepping stone of his drug career...when he is normal he is very gentle but when he takes weed we become careful....he was not lyk this...I am examine...I asked him not to cause trouble for me...But his smoking made us leave the previous house and I lost 12X3=36 hrs in 3 days....and he didn't become lyk this in one day ...he changed gradually....

you wanted to know side effects....here....
                    Effects of Marijuana - The Health Effects of Marijuana
                    Also pls read it, pls only first line is enough....
                    How to quit smoking weed

BTW Cigarette is also one kind of addiction and most people don't know about this.... you may think what this idiot is saying but it is proved...I read an article long time ago about this...Cigarette's one ingredient stop human's normal hormone release...the body fiil up that from Cigarette in inappropriate proportion ...So when u'll try to stop smoking Cigarette ur body cant withstand this. u'll feel uneasy for this at that time until your body start producing that hormone....
                    That's why Cigarette is also a kind of drug...
                    Last edited by Lucille; November 10, 2011, 05:55 AM.

Comment

The amount of misnomers and fallacies concerning the topic of drugs is just incredible. They are such a taboo subject for governments and certain organizations and bodies. The amount of lies that 'medical studies' have told relating to drugs is overwhelming. To understand the realm of illegal drugs one mustn't ignore it or distort the truth relating to it because untruths do more damage in this case than lies. For example illegal drugs have successfully been used in the treatment of mental disorders and other medical cases, therefore to say illegal drugs are completely negative is a stupid view point. On the other side of the spectrum you have people who would tell you that there should be no control what so ever, that drugs should be available where ever, when ever and for anyone. I believe this stance can also cause a great deal of harm, particularly those with medical disorders that illegal drugs can worsen and also to addicts who need help. My view is exactly in the center of this, I think drugs should be legalized and available to those who wish to use them. I believe that systems could be put in place to avoid strong negative consequences, for example when you go to the doctors and he gives you a perscription and there are certain criteria that you will have met in order to be given that prescription i.e you have a healthy heart, you do not have psychotic episodes etc. I'm not saying you should have to visit a doctor to obtain drugs but I am saying a 13 year old should not have the right to take drugs that were made legal and I am saying that for people with serious medical conditions certain criteria should be met before they could be given any drugs. That's a rough summary of my stance on this matter.

Comment

You cannot associate legalizing drugs with using drugs. With the legalization of drugs we're gonna stop the ills caused by the trafficking (murders, kidnappings, drugs contaminated with toxic substances, etc. ...). As I said in my first post, I think the whole process of production, distribution and sale should be left to governments, because there can not be profit. It will no be a profitable activity. It will be an activity directed to lift people out of drugs (anti-drug campaigns, better health and education, more and better detoxification clinics, etc.).

Comment

Originally posted by Murgi View Post

And I am a Muslim...So i know whoever read & understands Surat An-Nisa (A sura/topic based on everything about women) from the holy Qur'an won't question about my opinion about prostitution...

The hypocrisy in a muslim telling me to see a psychiatrist.

A muslim that probably believes in sharia law, where capital punishment is applied to "adulterers" (death by stoning or honor killings by your family), my question focuses on maximizing social well being in a modern, civilized society with equal rights for men or women, not accommodating a few muslim nut cases that still live in the 8th century and treat women like objects.

It's sad to read about your addicted brother, but I never blame the object, I blame the individual, if you're injured by a gun, do you blame the gun or the person that pulled the trigger?

If you're hit by a car, should you ban all cars?
                          If you're injured by a dog, should you kill all dogs?
                          If you drink and become alcoholic, should you ban alcohol?
                          If you become heavily in debts, should you ban credit cards?
                          If you take drugs and become an addict, should you ban drugs?

You don't blame the object, you blame the individual and their irresponsible actions, and you blame their lack of education. Education is the root of all good and evil.

It is human nature to point the finger anywhere possible but never take responsibility to ones self.
                          Last edited by lococo; November 10, 2011, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lococo View Post
                            Pros:
                            - Reduce criminality / gang activity
                            - Make prostitution safer (maybe new laws to oblige blood tests every so often)
                            - Make drugs available to those who need it for medicinal reasons
                            - Make drugs safer since they will no longer be produced in basement laboratories

Cons:
                            - Some people (esp. kids) will inevitably abuse/misuse drugs and get hurt
                            Your con isn't really a con as drugs are quite easily obtainable. In fact, it will probably work to do the opposite.
                            Studies have shown that it's easier for kids to obtain cannabis than cigarettes. The reason behind this is a dealer most likely doesn't care how old a buyer is, as long as he or she pays up. Someone that owns a store will think twice about selling cancer sticks to kids though, as licenses are hard to get and easy to lose.
                            If cannabis was sold in stores I predict that it would be harder for kids to get their hands on.

I was going to give you a con to replace it, but honestly I can't think of any at all.

I'm 100% for cannabis being legalised, it hasn't killed a single person in the entire time its use has been recorded.
                            I'd be for ecstasy being legalised too, it'd be a lot less dangerous if it wasn't being made by bogans on their garage workbenches (as you mentioned in one of your pros).
                            Shrooms are pretty safe too.

Any other drugs, nah. I don't see the advantage to having heroin for example legal. There are drugs that are pretty damn safe to use, and some that people should stay away from under any circumstance.

It's funny that politicians keep beating the same dead horse. Anyone, anywhere in the world can google a seedbank and have cannabis seeds sent to them discreetly. They can be grown indoors or outdoors very easily. Even when smoked it causes nowhere near as much damage as tobacco, which kills tens of thousands of people a year. When cooked with food, it has pretty much no negative side effects whatsoever. It's not even physically addictive.
                            But they keep cracking down, trying to achieve the impossible. I don't know what it's like around the rest of the world, but in Oz we have helicopters regularly searching for plantations, and even using thermal cameras to detect heat sources that could be exhaust vents from indoor grow rooms. Good to see my tax dollars are being put to good use.

Originally posted by lococo View Post
                            I can't think of anything else. But overall I am for it, and it blows my mind wondering why it wasn't legalized already.
                            I often wonder the same thing (I think I've made that pretty obvious with my post so far, haha..).

The only reason I can think of that they don't do it is they will have a pretty awkward apology to make to the people currently in jail for it.

Comment

what t3h fuck dude marijuana is legal in india ! and trust me kids in between age 10-15 are addicts and eve teasing and what not these guys are ruining themselvs and the country itself..

edit :

and let me add this to this post drugs will never be legalised

the main reason !

this is a zillion,yes zillion $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ bussiness which can't be stopped how do u think those politicans wt so lil pay have that much property and money luxury cars ? it's because they allow the suppy of the stuff without their help they won't be able to do anything everyone is united in this..
                              Last edited by SiMRuLER; November 21, 2011, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X