Is World Peace Possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is World Peace Possible?

I personally believe world peace can't be possible. It's too big for nobody to have a problem with somebody else. I would want to see it happen but I just can't envision it.
    Yes
    26.06%
    No
    73.94%

Re: Is World Peace Possible?

Depends what you mean by world peace? As in no big wars, yes, the only thing needed is for each sides to know that consequence of war leads to total destruction.
    But other, political/national/interpersonal problems are impossible to solve. For example, have you ever been in some argument, and knowingly you were wrong but still pursued your side, because of any reason? Well, its result of Ego, and its same reason both on personal arguments and national problems.
    It might be possible in the future to solve this, but question is should it be solved?

Comment

In my very humble opinion:

I believe its impossible since peace is just an ideal, a human one.

There is no peace in the universe, it cant exist since universe expands to chaos, so does everything inside it.

I believe peace is a political tool to keep masses under control under the pretense that each and every problem will be solved as long as you let a ruling elite take the decisions for you.

Comment

hell no :) this has been proved by thousands of years ago.

Comment

world peace is possible, just highly unlikely. maybe if the world population became blind and deaf, we could achieve peace.
          but we would probably find a way to fight blind and deaf too.
          special thanks to extJSDB for the VIP. special thanks to SiniuS for the avatar.
          sigpic
          "Alea iacta est." - The die is cast

"Veni, vidi, vici!" - I came, I saw, I conquered.

caesar....

Comment

It does depend on what you mean. If we are ever free from wars and revolts, it will be a sad world to live in. In other words, a few people will have so much power over everyone else that there is nothing anyone can do. We're doomed once the little guy stops fighting.

Comment

Humans are vile creatures, so no, it's not possible. It's just human nature.

Comment

Absolutely not!

Sadly, there is way too much profit in war for people not having it.

It doesn't matter which nation is fighting over for what, in the end it is always money that leads to those battles.

What I don't believe though is another huge war coming again. Obviously, those small territorial wars killing nations from within have proven to be more effective.
                Thanks to oki and UBi for repping me in!

Please visit my 10% GiveAway!

Comment

Originally posted by zealot View Post
                  What I don't believe though is another huge war coming again. Obviously, those small territorial wars killing nations from within have proven to be more effective.
                  I think you're right. Everybody is too afraid of having another big war that nobody would support it.

So it looks like most believe peace is unrealistic. That could be hazardous considering the arsenals the big powers have these days

Comment

Originally posted by PureBooze View Post
                    I think you're right. Everybody is too afraid of having another big war that nobody would support it.

So it looks like most believe peace is unrealistic. That could be hazardous considering the arsenals the big powers have these days
                    I've been thinking about this a lot recently. Right now, there are 9 countries that essentially cannot fail for the rest of time. They also cannot have another Hitler elected or put into power. These countries have nuclear weapons, which would no doubt be used if their own existence was threatened. How is this sustainable? Sure, Pakistan looks somewhat stable now, but will it be for the next hundred million years? I'm sure the CIA is well-aware of this and would (and perhaps does) influence an election to ensure that fiery militant leaders are not elected.

Comment

I'm usually optimistic so my vote goes to yes

Comment

Ithink It's possible but as long money is involved then the answer is no

Comment

Yes, technically it's possible, but if people can't separate politics from primitive theological restraints, it'll never happen. As long as ancient scriptures are upheld literally, there will be no progress.

Comment

Originally posted by kevbo520 View Post
                            It does depend on what you mean. If we are ever free from wars and revolts, it will be a sad world to live in. In other words, a few people will have so much power over everyone else that there is nothing anyone can do.
                            I voted "yes", but with this caveat. If "world peace" is ever reached (defining it as a time when no nations are at war, either with another nation or within itself), it will be because a powerful force is oppressing everyone. Not because humanity magically became "enlightened". This world would likely be a much worse place to live in than our own.

Comment

nope, I try my best to have/keep peace but the people in this world, and not all, but most of us wherever we maybe will try to cause some kind of disruption to peace because... its not to our liking or....and this is for everybody there's just no end, making this thread is just one of many attempts to this same question its just not possible, but we can try.

Comment

Working...
                              X