Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would you do if you were told you are dying?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you do if you were told you are dying?

To follow up with the whole death genre that's going around in the brain stew, I'm wondering what would you guys and gals do if you were told you have only a short period of time to live. For purposes sake let's assume you have around 6 months to live.

It's an interesting topic for me because I think it exposes people to doing things that they wouldn't necessarily have the courage to do. In a way it sucks that we're constantly bombarded on how we're supposed to go on with our lives, school, more school, career, marriage, kids, grandparents, and memoirs. Deviating from the norm is a difficult when there are so many components that rely on your constant path of following these "rules." Mainly for myself when I think of doing some as outrages as quitting school and going to some half ass country to be some work-smiths apprentice or something my family pops into my head. The hardships of leaving them wouldn't sit right with me as I can bet most of you are the same.

With life, we take the safe path because we don't know when our time will come and we'd rather not risk our work for something that isn't 100%.

Let's say we know when our time is up, so my final question is what would YOU do if you knew you were dying?

I'm only generalizing based on my feelings so speak up if you've got different feelings.

If I was dying, I'd try to rob a jewelry store and I'd try to mimic what those two jackass thief's from Home Alone 2 did and hide in a store and wait until they closed and trash the place. Shut up. IT'D BE AWESOME RIGHT? I'm a criminology major too.. It's pretty juvenile but the rush of adrenaline is what I'd be looking for.

"It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything." - Tyler Durden
    Last edited by clockwork_; May 31, 2011, 12:47 AM.

Re: What would you do if you were told you are dying?

Considering I dont have the money to try travel overseas, I'd probably just go on a road trip with friends. I'd come back the last days and spend time with family and just do nothing the last day and just wait peacefully.

Comment

Spend it with the people i love

Comment

Good question. A common quote I'd like to point out is living life like it's your last. I feel that plenty of people take their lives for granted. So much wasted time. If I was told I was dying, I would probably go a trip around the world with my family, you know - my own "bucket list" and check off all those things on there, and just experience the world like I never have. That said, I'd like to try crystal meth. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Vogue View Post
          Good question. A common quote I'd like to point out is living life like it's your last. I feel that plenty of people take their lives for granted. So much wasted time. If I was told I was dying, I would probably go a trip around the world with my family, you know - my own "bucket list" and check off all those things on there, and just experience the world like I never have. That said, I'd like to try crystal meth. LOL.
          Lol exactly the type of answers I'd like to see more. We all can assume that we love our families and cherish them and all that noise, but with all the possibilities open, there's just so much more to life I think!

6 months from now, all you'll have is a tombstone! What would you do to make yourself known to the world?!
          Last edited by clockwork_; May 31, 2011, 12:49 AM.

Comment

There is a lot to life I havent experienced but I would like to live those six months outside of jail

Comment

i would take my son out of school, and ask him what HE wanted to do. what makes him happy, makes me happy.
              special thanks to extJSDB for the VIP. special thanks to SiniuS for the avatar.
              sigpic
              "Alea iacta est." - The die is cast

"Veni, vidi, vici!" - I came, I saw, I conquered.

caesar....

Comment

I like the answers about spending time with people I loved and trying crystal meth. I could see myself going two routes. I'd focus on something I want to change about society and be very aggressive, vocal and definitive about getting it done. Technically, if we know the date we're going to die there's no risk of dying any sooner. This might give me the freedom to push further and more forcibly for something I believe in.

On the other hand, I've always had this far-out dream of dropping a lot of acid, doing a lot of intense mental and physical conditioning and basically trying to see if mind expansion is real. I like to think that years from now we'll have a lot more control over LSD or nootropic drugs, so that we won't freak out when we take them but will instead reap the benefits of that heightened awareness and hypersensitivity to one's surroundings.

Or I'd rob a bank, Inside Man style.

Comment

Originally posted by cochese View Post
                  I like the answers about spending time with people I loved and trying crystal meth. I could see myself going two routes. I'd focus on something I want to change about society and be very aggressive, vocal and definitive about getting it done. Technically, if we know the date we're going to die there's no risk of dying any sooner. This might give me the freedom to push further and more forcibly for something I believe in.

On the other hand, I've always had this far-out dream of dropping a lot of acid, doing a lot of intense mental and physical conditioning and basically trying to see if mind expansion is real. I like to think that years from now we'll have a lot more control over LSD or nootropic drugs, so that we won't freak out when we take them but will instead reap the benefits of that heightened awareness and hypersensitivity to one's surroundings.

Or I'd rob a bank, Inside Man style.
                  Dude, I'm in. I could even sacrifice myself for a pulpy beating just to fool the popo.

Comment

Originally posted by clockwork_ View Post
                    Dude, I'm in. I could even sacrifice myself for a pulpy beating just to fool the popo.
                    Steve, Stevie... we need a Steve-O

Comment

I would start up a request for F*N and state that i would be dying shortly and that my last wish was to join that tracker and see if anybody gives me an invite. It would probably go something like this......2000 views.......0 replies.........40 likes lol

Comment

A bottle of Jack Daniels two bitches and a good sleep

Comment

A few things:
                          - Quit my job (life is too short to waste the few remaining moments earning money that you wont need)
                          - Go travelling to the few places I havent visited yet & try to see all of the wonders of the world.
                          - Act on impulse much more than currently, if someone pisses you off punch them in the face! What the hell, you just need to avoid the cops short term due to the imminent death!
                          - Jump off the highest building or out of an airplane without a parachute to attempt to time my death to happen mid air just before I hit the ground.

Of course this is assuming that I knew 100% that my death was coming and had no doubts, the last one especially lol.

Comment

I hope i don't get flamed for this.

I would probably apply for a credit card (seeing how easy that is nowadays) and blow it on a supa-fast crotch rocket which contains nitro glycerine for fuel. Load my self up on all sorts of amphetamines and quaaludes and explode into a concrete barrier at 160 mph. Obviously this is after i say a wonderful goodbye to my friends and family.

Comment

Originally posted by Doom_Judge View Post
                              I hope i don't get flamed for this.

I would probably apply for a credit card (seeing how easy that is nowadays) and blow it on a supa-fast crotch rocket which contains nitro glycerine for fuel. Load my self up on all sorts of amphetamines and quaaludes and explode into a concrete barrier at 160 mph. Obviously this is after i say a wonderful goodbye to my friends and family.
                              i'd try that. except crotch rocket off a mountain or a bridge with a deep fall.

maybe skydive without a parachute.. when you think about it, there's tons of interesting ways to go out, some more hilarious than others.

Comment

Working...
                              X