No announcement yet.

VLC Media Player - Things most people don't know

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow I did not know about the recording thing, I'm going to be using that much more from now on.

Great find OP.

Comment

I simply love playing stuff in compressed files.
      Before this tutorial, I used to extract the files and the play them but this feature is just great.

Comment

Chromecast support should be added to the list in the near future! That will be excellent.

Comment

Whenever I need to do something new related with video I check VLC and found a VLC. Last time I wanted to stream through HTTP an RTSP stream, it supported it perfectly. Even better than the official streaming application. Amazing tool!

Comment

The RAR option is the best in the VLC media player in my opinion. Beside VLC I use kodi allot on my nuc :)

Comment

VLC is great. A must install for all of my computers.

Comment

This was extremely informative especially I didnt know I could play RAR file =)

Comment

Originally posted by okgg View Post
                  The play .rar feature only works in Windows I believe, but yeah I use that all the time on my desktop.

I also love the shortcuts VLC has. For example, scrolling the mouse wheel adjusts the volume up/down. You can adjust the audio delay with J and K, as well as subtitle delay w/ G & H. Here are more shortcuts: http://www.technospot.net/blogs/keyb...-media-player/
                  No, works on Mac too.
                  Recording feature is interesting, I will have to check that out.
                  Found the .rar play feature by accident just yesterday, then came upon this thread!
                  The "Track Synchronisation" feature is also really useful for me as my wife is German so she needs a little help when we are watching "The Wire"!

Comment

When I learned the .rar function a few years ago it changed everything for me. I actually have .rar files "Opening with VLC".
                    99% of my content is managed within my uTorrent. I just go to the torrent I want, "Files" and double click on the only one that says .rar instead of one with a number i.e. .r01 .r02 and voilą.

Only for releases like W4F do I have to "drag it".

Comment

Working...
                    X