Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• File Recovery for free!!

Ever want to recover a file but didnt want to pay? now you can

Recuva (pronounced "recover") is a freeware Windows utility to restore files that have been accidentally deleted from your computer. This includes files emptied from the Recycle bin as well as images and other files that have been deleted by user error from digital camera memory cards or MP3 players. It will even bring back files that have been deleted by bugs, crashes and viruses!

Recuva - Download

Last edited by Rocco; February 5, 2010, 06:19 PM.

Tnx. I was lookin' for that kind of program.

Comment

Well... In most cases, once you realize that you deleted something that you shouldn't the best thing to do is to switch-off your pc, remove your hard disk, add it in an external drive and then from another computer run this utility on your external disk... the reason is that once you delete a file, that space will probably be used immediately by the operating system for a new file, or for one that needs more blocks from the disk...

In short: poweroff -> external -> use new pc

Comment

Originally posted by nik View Post
        Well... In most cases, once you realize that you deleted something that you shouldn't the best thing to do is to switch-off your pc, remove your hard disk, add it in an external drive and then from another computer run this utility on your external disk... the reason is that once you delete a file, that space will probably be used immediately by the operating system for a new file, or for one that needs more blocks from the disk...

In short: poweroff -> external -> use new pc
        Actually, that isn't 100% true. The operating system (or any good one) doesn't immediately use that space once a file is deleted, moved, etc. Over time it will and it will be increasingly harder to obtain. Of course though, if you have really good tools, i.e. governmental, you can still read it since the bit is actually burned into the harddisk.

Comment

Ive been using this tool for quite some time now and let me tell u its the best file recovery program out there, imo. There was only a few times that the file i was trying to recover was written over and i couldnt get it back. I recommend this program to anyone looking for a tool like this. I even use it to wipe my free space, so Recuva comes in handy.

Comment

poweroff -> external -> use new pc

good idea, thats the thing that i never do and it always screws up my file recovery
            think about it this way, although the os will write randomly to the hdd over a long period time, just a few kb written over where ur file was will ruin and corrupt the file that ur looking to recover!

in my opinion a partial corrupt file is just as bad as a fully non recoverable file
            ....eg wth am i supposed to do with lost.s06e03 with missing audio at 1min30, 3min 23, and 34min 23

...u get the point

Comment

Re: File Recovery for free!!

This didn't work for me :(.

Comment

works but not that powerful. thanks any way.

Comment

Will File this for future reference thank you
                  ** Big Thanks to Freedom for Repping me in I wouldn't be here without him **

Comment

Rocco - I want the full size picture of your avatar buddy. :p
                    My Giveaways: 50 or so Trackers, Misc Invites
                    My Competitions: IRC Lotto, IRC Raffles
                    Other OD Links: IRC Command List, How To Play Lotto,
                    In Search Of: mma-torrents.com
                    Thanks to Choppers for repping me in
                    R.I.P. AradiTracker and BitGamer

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1094166968.png

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/i...gTAnAFfmw0D9Tg

Comment

works with formatted partition too ? New windows installed. ?!

Retired

Half Angel, half Demon, has fear of the Gods and is feared by the mortals The Veritas is the truth and only truth. No blade can turn him from his way, no wind is strong enough to stop him. Watching from above, he knows everything. He is NOT the greatest but the mightiest, the awesome Exalted !!!

Comment

Working for Geek Squad (say what you will haha, it's a job doing something I like), we have used this tool to recover files and photos. It does an "OK" job, I personally recommend RuntimeGetDataBack for NTFS/FAT. I have never had that program let me down after multiple formats/reinstalls/data deletion. Fairly easy to use, and easy to "obtain" :) - just a suggestion.

Comment

the best practice is t back up data.. cant relay on those programs they take too much time and will probably recover files corrupted..

Comment

RuntimeGetDataBack for NTFS/FAT is excellent for recovery, it can recover deleted partitions too but it won't help you if you overwritten your data with new content.

Comment

Thanks ! Just in time.

Comment

Working...
                              X