Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rename all your TV shows and Movies EASY!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FileBot is great. I've been using it for a long time.

;-)

Comment

I am against using applications that have functions that can be easily reproduced with even simple scripts.
      Why don't use a bash script or even python and avoid using suspicious applications?

Comment

I have used this, but prefer filebot.

Comment

Bulk Rename Utility
          good one

Comment

[MENTION=140318]ak_74[/MENTION], I completely agree with you. Would you care to give some instructions on how to do so? Using Python and scripts?

Comment

e.g.
              for f in $(ls *.srt); do echo "${f}"|sed -r 's/([^0-9])([0-9]*)x([0-9]*)(.*\.srt)/\1s0\2e\3\4/'; done

Will search all srt files in the current directory, and will convert 2x10 to s02e10 format, Lost 2x03.srt Lost s02e03.srt

Comment

Originally posted by ak_74 View Post
                e.g.
                for f in $(ls *.srt); do echo "${f}"|sed -r 's/([^0-9])([0-9]*)x([0-9]*)(.*\.srt)/\1s0\2e\3\4/'; done

Will search all srt files in the current directory, and will convert 2x10 to s02e10 format, Lost 2x03.srt Lost s02e03.srt

A little bit of context would be much appreciated. Where do I put these codes? Is there a program for doing so?

Comment

Originally posted by Sagittarius View Post
                  A little bit of context would be much appreciated. Where do I put these codes? Is there a program for doing so?
                  You can run it through a unix shell. It's tested on bash.

Comment

Every word in that sentence was baffling for me. :( Sorry!

Comment

Originally posted by Sagittarius View Post
                      Every word in that sentence was baffling for me. :( Sorry!
                      On windows you can run it through cygwin, on unix through terminal.
                      The default terminal shell on most distributions is bash. (the interpreter of the language).

Here is a website with a lot of information about bash: http://wiki.bash-hackers.org/scripting/tutoriallist
                      It would be also beneficial to read a python book, as it's very useful for common admin operations.

Comment

The default terminal shell on most distributions is bash. (the interpreter of the language).

Here is a website with a lot of information about bash: http://wiki.bash-hackers.org/scripting/tutoriallist
                        It would be also beneficial to read a python book, as it's very useful for common admin operations.
                        This is what I am talking about. Awesome information! Much much appreciated!

Comment

This is awesome! Thanks for sharing.

Is it also possible to rename the folders as well? As I put all tv episodes in their own folder.

Comment

So, use Putty and make a ssh connection? I know how to do that but that's about it. I don't know what command prompt I need to get to in order to enter the script. In fact, I've been scouring the internet (and this forum) high and low, looking for step by step instructions for loading programs and or scripts onto my seedbox remotely. While there are plenty of instructions, they all start off assuming you know basic linux or whatever. In other words, they start by telling you to create a ssh connection and then they provide the script, which is supposed to be pasted into the command screen.

I'm confused on whether they mean to literally log on and paste the script. Or, if they are assuming I am familiar with the necessary commands, which I am not.

On a side note, I think there is a pretty big market for plain speak tech/computer guides and tutorials. Like myself, many people have no trouble performing the tasks or understanding what needs to be done if it's explained in a way that doesn't assume we know all the jargon. I'm not talking "Dummy" guides. Those are for a different level of user. I'm talking for people who, for instance, have built their own computers just by reading or watching a youtube video.

Thanks for your input.

Comment

Here is a website with a lot of information about bash: List of Bash online-tutorials [Bash Hackers Wiki]

I guess I should have read further down. It's too bad this topic isn't it's own thread. I've searched the forum relentlessly looking for the info you provided but to no avail. In fact, I only found it here by reading a post on "renaming" files. Thanks so much! This is a great start.

Comment

wow , it's gonna make everything easier to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X