Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rename all your TV shows and Movies EASY!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rename all your TV shows and Movies EASY!

Hey Guys, didnt see anything about a movie an tv show renamer except for EMBER which i personally dont like so i thought i would share..

I will be talking about 2 programs today 1 is called theRenamer http://www.therenamer.com/ and one called Filebot http://www.filebot.net/ both open source.

Both have a drag and drop style interface which i think is awesome! TheRenamer can use the sources "TVDB, EPGUIDES, IMBD, and TV.COM for tv shows" while Filebot can use"TVDB, AniDB,TVrage, SeriesJunkie for tv shows, TheMovieDB, IMBD, Open Subtitles for movies, AcousticID, ID3 Tags for music.

Now for the individual review, TheRenamer: while it works awesome for tv shows(just simply drag files over therenamer program and bam files renamed) the movie interface has me scratching my head. If the movie interface was the same as the tv interface i would only use that program. But its not. You are forced to make a fetch folder and an archive folder and thus no drag and drop option. one thing i do like about the movie option though is you have the option to automatically delete files such as NFOs jpegs or any extension that you wish. That being said i do not like there movie mode and the fact theres no confirmation in therenamer can leave you pretty screwed if its not right.

Filebot Review: For most of you filebot can be your one stop shop. Renames tv shows, movies, and music, plus extra goodies i will get to towards the end. Very simple interface some what like therenamer just a simple drag an drop into the left pane click match and the source you prefer and your suggested rename appears in the right pane then click rename. I might add MAKE BLOODY FREAKING SURE the suggested names are right or you will spend a couple hours changing names to the right ones(that is for tv shows, movies are generally always right). you can also change the format in which the files renamed to your liking, on top of renaming filebot has some extras that are very neat such as episode list just search a show an you have list of episodes:

Subtitle search(Upload&Download)

It also has a SFV (It checks the files to make sure they match in the CRC32 check i believe) , an analyze section which i believe is for extracting files, and a list section which is just a list of whatever you want.

Summery: Most of you are probably saying why not just use Filebot, well filebot is my goto forsure but just like anything it can be wrong and wrong while batch renaming can be BAD. youll spend hours trying to figure out what went wrong and how to fix it. i found out through my numerous file renames that therenamer was more accurate with the same source(dont ask me how) for things like special episodes, pilot episodes, and sometimes just in general for tv shows popular and unpopular that being said filebot can cover most of your bases with tv shows movies and music PLUS it has a confirmation so no accidents await. i would say use filebot first and if it wants to change your file name to something you absolutely no isnt right(use the list feature to check) then try the renamer.

Alright thats all for now, open to suggestions, advice, questions and anything else, hope this helps some people!

Thanks Guys
    Last edited by wayneo99; August 12, 2014, 03:09 AM.

Thought about looking for a program such as these several times when renaming my files but never actually got around to it. Appreciate you sharing this, will definitely try both programs.

Comment

Great post wayneo99. I'll be trying filebot as it has native versions for mac and Linux

Comment

thank you for you both for you input, filebot is deff my go to. BUT therenamer seems to fix the problems filebot has. as they say"2 is 1 and 1 is none."

again thanks!
        Last edited by wayneo99; August 12, 2014, 03:04 AM.

Comment

I might add theres a program called sickbeard. which can organize/tell you whats missing from a season/ rename whatever you want it to. i personally dont use it solely because i know what i have plus when it renames it pules everything out of its folders. say you have a south park folder within theres season 1/ season2 etc it will pull all those episodes out of there season folder into the main southpark folder and rename. that might be some users preference but not mine. i do like it though if im not sure if i have a certain episode in a series and or season it will tell me (doesnt force you to rename). i also believe it can automatically download episodes you dont have according to your specifications such as HD and SD or whatever. but idk if that only for usenet or torrents to heres a link for those interested. http://sickbeard.com/

Comment

Originally posted by wayneo99 View Post
            I might add theres a program called sickbeard. which can organize/tell you whats missing from a season/ rename whatever you want it to. i personally dont use it solely because i know what i have plus when it renames it pules everything out of its folders. say you have a south park folder within theres season 1/ season2 etc it will pull all those episodes out of there season folder into the main southpark folder and rename. that might be some users preference but not mine. i do like it though if im not sure if i have a certain episode in a series and or season it will tell me (doesnt force you to rename). i also believe it can automatically download episodes you dont have according to your specifications such as HD and SD or whatever. but idk if that only for usenet or torrents to heres a link for those interested. http://sickbeard.com/
            SickBeard won't flatten season folders and rename your files as a general feature. That's all controlled in the settings. It's actually very good at putting all the episodes into there individual season folders and keeping everything neat and tidy. It is a very powerful piece of software and I used it when I used usenet for all my downloading.

Comment

Originally posted by blackvenom View Post
              SickBeard won't flatten season folders and rename your files as a general feature. That's all controlled in the settings. It's actually very good at putting all the episodes into there individual season folders and keeping everything neat and tidy. It is a very powerful piece of software and I used it when I used usenet for all my downloading.
              well there you go. i dont use it for such but blackvenom does so take his word for it. i personally dont use it for that. thank you for the reply!

Comment

For Macs, install tvnamer, a little cli program that uses the TVDB api. Next, get Hazel and setup a rule to monitor your video files that suits your needs and invoke tvnamer via the built in script function in Hazel. More info http://www.noodlesoft.com/forums/vie...php?f=2&t=2169

Comment

Hello

Nice GA

Comment

I'm going to give FileBot a try.
                    I'm funny about my naming. No show name, that's what folders are for.

Comment

I used to use filebot and it is a very solid app. However, recently I have started using SickRage as this fully automates the downloading and renaming of my TV shows.

Comment

I was looking for something like this - thank you! Just tried FileBot out and really liked it. Nice, clean interface and easy to use.

Comment

if I have a noticable amount of files to rename or else I use http://www.advancedrenamer.com/
                          a nice tool and powerful because you can extend its functionality with own scripts if you do not find any suitable function already built-in.

Comment

SickRage is the best there is imo. Basically it's a sick beard fork that is in very active development. I love that all my downloading and post-processing is done without even lifting a finger ;)

Comment

That looks awesome. I just hope it can support Chinese and other asian characters, I'll let you know if it doesn't! Thanks for sharing

Comment

Working...
                              X