Freeware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freeware

Hi all, in this thread i will post some freeware software that can be useful if u just formatted the computer or your searching for a specific program.
    7-zip a good alternative to winrar.
    Gimp the freeware contender to photoshop. Unless your a professional image editor this program should do the trick.
    VLC my favorite video player. Really fast and consumes little pc resources.
    Songbird its somewhat like itunes but in my opinion it beats itunes because it has cool extensions like lyrics while listening to a song etc.
    Inkscape The freeware contender to illustrator/Corel Draw.
    PrtScr a little tool i love that makes the screenshooting process a lot easier.
    Comodo Firewall Probably the most know freeware firewall.
    Ccleaner a tool for optimizing and cleaning your pc.
    Daemon Tools Lite a cool tool for emulating ISO's.
    CDburnerxp A really nice CD/DVD burner.
    Avidemux A simple video editor.
    FileHippo update Checker an friendly program that tells u what programs are outdated in your computer.
    Is there any freeware u guys use and recommend?

I like Audacity to edit music. Works with a bunch of file types it seems.
    I also like Winamp for playing music. It does a whole bunch of other stuff as well.
    While VLC is good, Media Player Classic is also good, but you need Combined Community Codec Pack (CCCP) to get the most out of it.
    Oh! Adblock Plus is a must have extension for browsers.

I'll add some other freeware if I think of any more.
    Last edited by MichaelJenkins; December 29, 2012, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Portable Freeware is one of my favorite sites. Screw installing shit, just unzip it! And then carry it around on a usb drive!

Comment

Originally posted by amachan View Post
        Portable Freeware is one of my favorite sites. Screw installing shit, just unzip it! And then carry it around on a usb drive!
        I used that site a lot when i was at school

Comment

There's also foobar2000 which is a really good media player. It plays everything and has a good interface if you have tons of music.

It is also capable of playing .rar/.zip/.7z files directly.

Comment

Try Ninite for installing all that software seamlessly!
            Just select the free software you want, download the installer and go have a coffee while Ninite installs all that software for you.

Copied from their site:

No Clicking Next, Next, Next

Ninite fully automates installers offscreen.
            No Toolbars

Ninite automatically says "No" to toolbars and other junk.
            Always Up-to-date

A Ninite installer always gets an app's latest version no matter when you made it.
            It Updates Too

Just run your Ninite installer again and it will update the apps to their latest versions.
            No Signup

Ninite just works. No account, signup, or client needed.
            32 and 64-bit

Ninite installs the best version of an app for your PC.
            International

Ninite installs apps in your PC's language.
            Faster for Business

Ninite Pro is 3x faster and allows business use.
            Works with RMMs

Kaseya, Labtech, Level Platforms, KACE, GFI, Naverisk, and more. Ninite Pro integrates with everything.

Comment

Secunia PSI
              The Secunia Personal Software Inspector (PSI) is a free computer security solution that identifies vulnerabilities in non-Microsoft (third-party) programs which can leave your PC open to attacks. Simply put, it scans software on your system and identifies programs in need of security updates to safeguard your PC against cybercriminals. It then supplies your computer with the necessary software security updates to keep it safe. The Secunia PSI even automates the updates for your insecure programs, making it a lot easier for you to maintain a secure PC.
              九死一生を得る

Comment

Try Photo editor online / free image editing direct in your browser - Pixlr.com
                This is the closest thing to Photoshop and it does not need to be installed.

Comment

Try Downloads - HexChat for your IRC needs :)

Comment

EAC (exact audio copy) is the ONLY software you need for ripping CDs. DVD Decryptor for those DVDs

Comment

I second Foobar for playing music! What an awesome interface.

CCCP for MPC-HC is great, and they just updated recently. Much better image quality than VLC (VLC still has its purpose too though, I'm no hater). Another great option is Kawii Codec Pack. KCP comes with madVR which CCCP lacks, and they also update more frequently.

I like Sharepod's interface more than iTunes for putting junk on your iPod.

Calibre is awesome if you have a lot of eBooks.

Playstation Media Server is AWESOME for putting movies/shows through your router to your PS3 (I hear it works for Xbox too), if you want to watch something on your big-screen instead of your monitor.

Just my suggestions!

Comment

I'd like to mention:

LibreOffice/OpenOffice - For complete free and opensource office solutions.
                        Avast/AVG - As free and resource low antivirus solutions.
                        Chromium - For visiting TI ;)

And I probably have some more that I don't remember right now :)

Comment

Don't forget Imgburn for burning ISO files!

Comment

Originally posted by dskill View Post
                            Hi all, in this thread i will post some freeware software that can be useful if u just formatted the computer or your searching for a specific program.
                            7-zip a good alternative to winrar.
                            Gimp the freeware contender to photoshop. Unless your a professional image editor this program should do the trick.
                            VLC my favorite video player. Really fast and consumes little pc resources.
                            Songbird its somewhat like itunes but in my opinion it beats itunes because it has cool extensions like lyrics while listening to a song etc.
                            Inkscape The freeware contender to illustrator/Corel Draw.
                            PrtScr a little tool i love that makes the screenshooting process a lot easier.
                            Comodo Firewall Probably the most know freeware firewall.
                            Ccleaner a tool for optimizing and cleaning your pc.
                            Daemon Tools Lite a cool tool for emulating ISO's.
                            CDburnerxp A really nice CD/DVD burner.
                            Avidemux A simple video editor.
                            FileHippo update Checker an friendly program that tells u what programs are outdated in your computer.
                            Is there any freeware u guys use and recommend?
                            @OP Good list! ninite is also awesome also for mass installing freeware
                            sigpic
                            "We are Anonymous, We are Legion, We do not Forgive, We do not forget, Expect us."
                            || FAQ || Rules || Ratio Proof Guide || iGiver Guide ||
                            || Want to be a TI DJ? Apply HERE ||

Comment

Sublime Text - A tool for web developers.
                              Notepad++ - A more complex notepad, and also a tool for web developers.

Comment

Working...
                              X