No announcement yet.

How to use mIRC after trial has ended!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to use mIRC after trial has ended!

Here is a tutorial how I use mIRC after my trial has ended. I post this simple tutorial as few members were wondering it. For example these members asked how I do it. ninjabunny, Cappa

Open Mirc: Now it says "Your evaluation time has ended, please register"
    Just click "Continue"

Now wait few seconds

Click continue even though it says for example in this picture "You have been using mIRC for 804 days, which is BEYOND the evaluation period"

Choose the server you wanna hop online and click "Connect"

Connecting to the server

Connected now choose a channel you wanna connect. I chose as an example channel called #Trivia in quakenet.

This is a random channel I joined for example!

Congratulation! Now you have solved the mystery how to use mIRC after trial period has ended! Enjoy your free mIRC!

PS: on those pictures you can see it's a Version 7.19, so I'm not sure does this work on newer mIRC clients.
    So far the newest mIRC is Version 7.25

If this tutorial doesn't work on higher versions than 7.19, you can always use this site for older applications and download mIRC 7.19 or even older version, which I recommend! I use it for many old applications!
    http://www.oldapps.com/mirc.php
    Last edited by Yasashina; October 14, 2012, 10:01 PM.
    sigpic
    You watch anime? Read manga? Love Japanese stuff?
    Join #Otakuchannel on irc and have a chat with people who share the same interests

I just bypassed all that and used a cracked copy...

Comment

Is it still woking for you Yasashina ? Because i have a problem now..there is no continue button but exit button is :-( It works fine last 8 days.
      Screenshot:
      Torrent Invites Image Dump
      sigpic

Comment

Yasashina is using 7.19 and you are using 7.25. Maybe they have made a change, so it isn't possible any longer?

Comment

Gosh..everyone knew the Continue line. If you really had to make this thread at least you could have provided a better solution such as.
          Get that mIRC 7.27 version ( can be found on IPT, etc ), install your client , open the .reg file with notepad and modify the License and Validated lines.( put 1337-347150-2013 insted of 1337-347150-2012 and 2013-347150 insted of 2012-347150 ).

Click on Here ( on the line If you have the registration ) and enter the following

Name : Team EAT
          SN : 1337-347150-2013

The Result -> http://image.torrent-invites.com/vie...20Untitled.jpg
          ._.

Comment

Originally posted by Fuska View Post
            Is it still woking for you Yasashina ? Because i have a problem now..there is no continue button but exit button is :-( It works fine last 8 days.
            Screenshot:
            Torrent Invites Image Dump

Still working for me...
            sigpic
            You watch anime? Read manga? Love Japanese stuff?
            Join #Otakuchannel on irc and have a chat with people who share the same interests

Comment

7.27 still works fine for me

Comment

I just ended up switching to hydraIRC. Works alright for me. :)

Comment

Chatzilla is free, open source, and works fine for me.
                  What's all the hype about mIRC? Why is it better? Why is it worth the effort? If someone can tell me I might make the switch.

Comment

Originally posted by TKoL View Post
                    Chatzilla is free, open source, and works fine for me.
                    What's all the hype about mIRC? Why is it better? Why is it worth the effort? If someone can tell me I might make the switch.
                    Not only is Chatzilla not a stand-alone client (requires you run firefox), it has disconnected on me a lot in the past. Additionally, Chatzilla just seems a bit packed together- the user interface of mIRC is a lot better. Try it out. You'll see what I mean. I used to use Chatzilla too and then made the switch.

Comment

well, i'm on mIRC. There are certainly some improvements -- the way channels and servers are displayed on the left is much better than chatzilla. I want some skins for it though -- looks kinda ugly imo

---------- Post added at 06:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 AM ----------

I actually ended up getting another IRC client, Xchat, because of how the text aligns:

---------- Post added at 07:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 AM ----------

actually swtitched to HexChat, it's an updated, open-source continuation of XChat

Comment

This no longer works for me. I've been using this method and pressing "Continue" until today, when I see an "Exit" button instead. So I ended up registering my copy. You can get 50% off by going here.

Comment

This method sometimes work, yet sometimes it doesn't because the continue button turns into "Exit".

You could use a cracked copy, but who knows if it can be trusted.

X-Chat/Hexchat etc are good alternatives, if Chatzilla isn't powerful enough for your needs.

Comment

I would recommend a switch to HexChat it's a free and open-source Client with all the features one could wish for. Additionally the appearance is decent and it seems rather light-weight.
                            Here's a link to a HexChat tutorial:
                            http://www.torrent-invites.com/softw...g-hexchat.html

Comment

Usin hexchat now, really like the interface :)

Comment

Working...
                              X