No announcement yet.

How to exclude a website from your VPN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Sagittarius great post and explanation. Other ways to do this but this tool provides for an easy way for folks who are novice when it comes to networking and IPing. (me included lol)

But to the second reply, be careful with what VPN you choose. I certainly learned something new in that post as well.

Comment

Hi, Was having difficulty in getting this to work in Windows 10. I think I have got it working now. Once I have it confirmed that it is working I will post details of the trouble I had and the slight change of method.

Comment

Originally posted by Zildon View Post
        Hi, Was having difficulty in getting this to work in Windows 10. I think I have got it working now. Once I have it confirmed that it is working I will post details of the trouble I had and the slight change of method.

If this post was made from the computer running Windows10 and VPN is on then I would say that you did get it as you are posting from your home connection
        only the shadow knows the evil in the hearts of men

Comment

Originally posted by Shadowbuild View Post
          If this post was made from the computer running Windows10 and VPN is on then I would say that you did get it as you are posting from your home connection
          Okay, thanks for confirming. I will update the thread to help others in the same position.

Comment

Originally posted by Zildon View Post
            Okay, thanks for confirming. I will update the thread to help others in the same position.
            Hi, just thought I would post this as it may help others who are trying to exempt a website like TI from their VPN. I am not an expert so I apologise if some of these steps do not help you.
            I am running a 64 bit Windows 10 operating system with a Private Internet Access (PIA) VPN. I did have a static IP address assigned to my PC.
            I was having no success implementing the above tutorials using both the Hide My Ass and Cmd prompt methods.
            After a little digging around I found some Windows 10 help on the cmd process here:
            https://www.hideipvpn.com/setup/how-...sites-windows/

The main difference is that you do not enter the MASK which in my case is 255.255.255.255
            Just enter 'route -p add [IP address of website] [Gateway IP]'
            For Torrent-invite.com on my PC it was this:
            ‘route -p add 99.198.107.205 192.168.1.1’

I also de-assigned the static IP address from my PC (not sure if this was essential but it worked for me)
            I then exempted ipaddress.com but not speedtest.net and the former showed my IP address while the latter showed my VPN IP address. I then double checked by PMing @Shadowbuild to make sure it was definitely working on TI (I did not want to risk a ban)!
            Hope this helps anyone else on Win 10 who is having difficulty exempting a website from their VPN.

Comment

Originally posted by petotas1978 View Post

No, it's not possible AFAIK. A browser operates at application level and routing at the network level. Routing knows nothing of http for example. That is why you get suggestions about proxies. They do operate at the application level and hence you get the possibity of using them with a browser.

Anyway, altering the routing tables is the way to filezilla uc browser rufus go here, its very simple once you get the hang of it, and the little app suggested by Wils0n makes the task even simpler.
              So, what if you want to use it on another site like a tracker website? First start by opening up Command Prompt (CMD). Do this by going to Start > Run > type 'cmd' and press enter. Now you'll have a CMD window. The best way to find out what IP addresses are registered to a website address is to use the 'nslookup' command.
              Last edited by DARKINATY; October 10, 2019, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X