Max OS X Yosemite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Max OS X Yosemite

Just installing this now on my iMac: http://thenextweb.com/apple/2014/10/...y-nice-iphone/
    sigpic

cool! let us know if you have any issues. will probably try myself later tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7 View Post
      cool! let us know if you have any issues. will probably try myself later tonight.
      It takes a long time, as after the OS you have to update most of the iXXX apps.
      Only issues so far: Yahoo Messenger no longer works, version not compatible, so a couple of other apps may also need updating.
      Else looks nice, more consistent across iPad/iPhone...
      sigpic

Comment

Loving Yosemite! :)
        sigpic

Comment

Mmmmm not installed to having to be in work etc but going to do it tomorrow. I'm a "Apple fanboy" as people would call me so I can't wait. It's like an early Christmas present. Scream!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SailorJerry View Post
            Loving Yosemite! :)
            Seems to be a cosmetic update mostly, but does look nice. Think I also had trouble with Viber, but I guess updates will be out soon.
            sigpic

Comment

I've just downloaded and created a bootable USB to do a clean install tomorrow :)

Comment

Originally posted by blackvenom View Post
                I've just downloaded and created a bootable USB to do a clean install tomorrow :)
                Funny, I do mine as a live update from the App Store then create a USB for the backup image, I have been thru x5 OSes this way: Snow Leopard to Lion, M. Lion, Mavericks to Yoesmite.
                Only issue I had so far, was one use profile had occasional errors about library profile needing updating, but all apps worked after this.
                sigpic

Comment

had to update little snitch and istat otherwise no problems.

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7 View Post
                    had to update little snitch and istat otherwise no problems.
                    OK good to know, busy updating the MBP now...
                    sigpic

Comment

Not had chance to get into it properly yet however not sure I am too keen on the new square look

Comment

Originally posted by blackvenom View Post
                        Not had chance to get into it properly yet however not sure I am too keen on the new square look
                        designed to match Johnny Ives' pastel look on the ipdas/pods/phones. The update takes ages - big download, then install with reboots, then update 6 apps to match the new OS. Phew!
                        sigpic

Comment

Being quite new to macs I haven't noticed any real changes from mavericks...

Comment

Originally posted by jmcjmc View Post
                            Being quite new to macs I haven't noticed any real changes from mavericks...
                            There's more interaction between iPhones. You can answer phone calls on the computer iMessage will be synched up. On Safari, you can open windows you have opened on your iPhone and vice-versa. If you're writing an email on your phone, you can also continue writing it on your computer. The only one I really use there is iMessage.

Those are the biggest differences to me aside from the entire look.

Comment

Originally posted by kaneone View Post
                              There's more interaction between iPhones. You can answer phone calls on the computer iMessage will be synched up. On Safari, you can open windows you have opened on your iPhone and vice-versa. If you're writing an email on your phone, you can also continue writing it on your computer. The only one I really use there is iMessage.

Those are the biggest differences to me aside from the entire look.
                              Good to know kaneone, I do have an iphone and ipad so i will make note of what you said...

Comment

Working...
                              X