Windows 8 search tip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 8 search tip

Need to run a search in Windows 8 for a rarely-used application?
    Just start typing on an open area of the Start Screen. The operating system pulls up search results based on what you typed.

Similar to Windows 7 search tool. I've often come across difficult situations where I needed a file that contained specific text. Didn't know until then you could use arguments in the search box.

Comment

I find the search in Win8 much faster than the search in Win7. This is one of the most useful tips for using Win8. Also notice while you are searching that there are categories for settings etc.
      Nahpalm
      sigpic

Comment

I just can't get used to this whole Win 8 thing but it really looks like I am going to have to so thanks for the tip

Comment

Masterguru, I'm with you there... windows 8's start screen annoys me to no end... I've mostly found ways around ever using it though. The first thing I did was pin "Computer" to file explorer, then turn off file explorer history so it stays there by itself and other recent folders I visited don't clog things up. I also pin things to my start bar if I use them often... but I've found that windows key + x will bring up a small menu that has most of the other tools I need. You can also get this same menu by moving the mouse to the lower left as if you are going to open the start screen, but RIGHT clicking instead of left clicking... and that will give you a direct "search" option there.

Comment

Win8 have a lot of privileges but nobody use this kind of options. It's like aero in Win7 everyone is excited about this but i have used aero only couple times for 3years.

Comment

Isnt this identical to search in win7?

The whole metro UI seems a little too over simplified for desktops without touch. Its the opposite of how earlier window mobile phones used to a little too 'busy'.

Comment

What about searching the Store? There does not seem to be one within the store.

Comment

will this work for win7 as well ?

Comment

Working...
                  X