Windows 8 Power user menu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 8 Power user menu

Win 8 has hidden a fun power user tasks context menu behind the new Start thumbnail. To access it, move the mouse cursor into the lower-left corner of the screen (where the Start button used to be) and then, after the Start thumbnail tip appears, right-click and the following menu appears

I'll get my copy tomorrow, but I'm still doubting if I should switch to 8...

How's your experience been with it so far colphoenix?

Comment

Originally posted by kawa_z750 View Post
      I'll get my copy tomorrow, but I'm still doubting if I should switch to 8...

How's your experience been with it so far colphoenix?
      I've had the RC running for awhile and I'm definitely going to be dual booting Win7 and Win8 as ive had a number of compatibility issues with games.

Comment

Thank for the info I just installed 8 a few days ago and didn't know this. Thanks again!!

Comment

I've been running Win8 for quite a while and to tell you the truth, I like it. Many will not because it is a different OS from Win7 because its Start screen, but once you get the hang of it, you'll notice how intuitive it is, besiodes there is the Legacy desktop available as well.
          As for compatibility, let's not judge Win8 by way of its Preview or RC releases, they are not the "final release" and I'm sure most of bugs and quirks will have been taken care of.
          I hope that helps

Comment

FYI you can also hit Winkey+X for this menu

Comment

tbh I loved this OS. I am running Windows 7 on Gaming rig' and Windows 8 at laptop and I am enjoyin' it!

Should try =]

Regards,
              Enon

Comment

yet to try .. very much eager to switch ......... ")
                Many Thanks to Flobie for the VIP...

The Chocolate Guy

sigpic

Comment

I don't have win 8 yet, but I will.

Comment

We must also try this trick.

Comment

Thanks for the tut, great tip.

Comment

Is someone happy with windows 8?

Comment

Originally posted by Sennheiser View Post
                          Is someone happy with windows 8?
                          Men, I have smth to say. Because of this thread and many others on the Windows 8 topic I reinstated for the second time Windows 8 Pro x64. Firs time was at the end of the 2012 summer. The result was obvious - trash. Now, I thought if there are some people who are expressing in positive manner for the windows 8 it means that they changed smth in it. Oky doky let's try it again. Guess what - now I am back to windows 7 and I cast this dam windows 8 to go far away from me (as far as possible). Guys my overall idea is: Windows 8 a true magical crap.

Comment

wicked little trick for windows 8. thanks alot , im new to windows 8 and honestly i have to say im still on the fence post since new years lots of sweet features but i loved my start menu, i like the swipe on my laptop keyboard to switch between media player and the desktop or web pages, then there's the swipe on the right side that brings up the settings and devices menu and being able to send things to and from devices very easily, also i very much like the zoom and zoom out with pushing your 2 fingers apart on the mouse pad theres probably alot more awesome features but alas im still browsing

Comment

Thanks for the info, have yet to install it but definitely will.

Comment

Working...
                              X