Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your computer was once fast and now got slow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your computer was once fast and now got slow?

You bought your computer few months/years ago and all was good. Software were opened fast, windows started pretty fast.
    But now? It takes minutes until the windows starts. some softwares takes a lot of memory and doesnt start very fast as they used to..
    So you thought your only option is to format.. You thought wrong!
    There is new start-up company that handle this issue - soluto
    Its very easy software to use - download - install - restart and soluto will analyze your computer and recommend what you can disable and what not.
    It based on user database actions, which mean on top the software recommendation it shows you what the majority choose..
    Also if your computer crashes it analyze the crash and give you a report on that..

Try it yourself..

I clicked the link and it took me to Soluto homepage. Seems like this app is available only on mobile phones and not on PC? [MENTION=57166]vertigo[/MENTION]

Comment

@ Vertrigo

Yea Sagittarius is correct... This app is only available for mobile phones..

Comment

System image backup restore ftw!

Sent from my HTC One_M8
        sigpic

Comment

or get Yourself a SSD

Comment

Step 1.) Determine if you computer is running Windows (any version).

Step 2.) If it is, reformat, and reinstall. There is no "tuning up" of Windows -- it's just that bad of an OS.

Comment

Originally posted by mtguy8787 View Post
              Step 1.) Determine if you computer is running Windows (any version).
              Step 2.) If it is, reformat, and reinstall. There is no "tuning up" of Windows -- it's just that bad of an OS.
              Step 3) install Linux or buy a Mac?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheWickerMan View Post
                Mac? Never. The horror... Just install a Hackintosh on VMware or another partition.

Only problem with Linux as a main OS is if youre like me, and use software that wont run well, or at all, with WINE.

Comment

Mac? Never. The horror... Just install a Hackintosh on VMware or another partition.

Only problem with Linux as a main OS is if youre like me, and use software that wont run well, or at all, with WINE.
                  Then you just stick windows in a VM, if you have the RAM for it

Comment

Fresh install windows, apply updates and back up on a different disk.
                    Every six months repeat the procedure.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWickerMan View Post
                      Yes for Linux but Mac... beurk...

Comment

Can you give examples of Windows software that you use? Nearly all software has alternative (and sometimes better) tools in Linux. If that doesn't work then as already has been said you can use Wine or Windows VM.

Comment

Originally posted by baratheon4 View Post
                          Can you give examples of Windows software that you use? Nearly all software has alternative (and sometimes better) tools in Linux. If that doesn't work then as already has been said you can use Wine or Windows VM.
                          For me the main thing is games, even though I don't game a whole lot anymore. Some games in my steam library have recently gotten support for linux but not many.

Comment

Working...
                          X