Speed up your Windows machine with an SSD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrnewbie View Post
    Hi, I see lots of threads here about ways to improve performance on Windows PCs, but apart from the obvious method of using a 64 bit OS (W7) and upping your RAM to 8GB, the best speed improvement I have had was by replacing my hard disk with an SSD. I threw out the CD/DVD drive on my laptop (as I use an external Bluray burner), moved the original 500GB (7,200rpm) HD to this bay, cloned the disk & replaced it wit ha 128B SSD. The OS & all apps are stored here, and all the data is on the other disk. SSds are quiet, draw little power and generate little heat. The machine boots in less than a minute, programs start instantly, things just work. Best couple of hundred bucks I ever spent on a PC, my only regret is not getting a bigger one.
    Anyone else use SSDs?
    I do, I love my OCZ SDD things a beast, 550 MB/s Avg read/write 1GB/s + Bursts, Best upgrade to my PC by far. Highly recomended getting one, Even if its a 64 or 128 gig one, just run the OS and a game or two on it and have another drive to keep all your other stuff stored on.
    sigpic
    "We are Anonymous, We are Legion, We do not Forgive, We do not forget, Expect us."
    || FAQ || Rules || Ratio Proof Guide || iGiver Guide ||
    || Want to be a TI DJ? Apply HERE ||

Comment

Working...
    X