Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guide To Ratio-Building on TorrentLeech -- CrossSeeding (Outside Seeding)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guide To Ratio-Building on TorrentLeech -- CrossSeeding (Outside Seeding)

When I first signed up for TorrentLeech, I found out I had to wait something like 16 hours as a new user before being able to download. You have to build a ratio up before you're allowed to download immediately -- and I was like, WHAT THE HELL?!?! How am I supposed to get a good ratio if I can't even get on torrents early enough to seed well!?!?!?

So then I looked at the TL wiki and found a section on what they call Outside Seeding, so here's a simple guide on how to outside seed from either an open tracker or a private tracker that you have good buffer on. I'm going to be using IPT as my example, but it works equally well on Pirate Bay, for example, or any other site:

Step1:
    Go to TorrentLeech, hit "Browse" and look for some brand-spanking-new uploads, preferrably videos. Make sure -- THIS PART IS KEY TO THIS GUIDE, LISTEN CLOSELY -- that you're looking for movies with the team-name at the end of the torrent name. By 'team name' i mean that there are certain, idk what you call them, but I call them 'release teams' or 'upload teams', there's probably a special name for them but idk what it is. Anyway, some examples would be LEGiON, bad subs, haggis. The reason you need a team name at the end is because every site with the same team upload will have EXACTLY the same files (sometimes they might be missing a .nfo file or a sample), but if it doesn't have a team name in all likelihood you won't be able to find the EXACT same file -- and it NEEDS to be EXACTLY the same!

So, I see a brand new vid upload on TL called Arbitrage from a team called REFiNED, so

Step2:
    Search for the name of the movie and the team name in the tracker of your choice.

If you find it, download both torrent files -- the one from TL and the one from IPT or whatever other tracker you're using. Name the torrent files TL and IPT (or whatever other name you want) and put them on your desktop. Do NOT NOT NOT start downloading immediately, step3 is important:

Step3:
    Double-click TL.torrent file so that you can see what files are included in utorrent. DO NOT press ok to start downloading, just keep the window showing the info open.
    Now double-click on IPT.torrent (or whatever you named it) and it will show the contents of the two files side-by-side. You MUST compare them:

So, here are the rules that you must consider when comparing them:
    ALL files within TL.torrent must be present in IPT.torrent, but NOT all files within IPT must necessarily be within TL.
    So, in my example above, the left screen is my TL.torrent -- which includes a folder called PROOF, but my IPT torrent doesn't have that folder, so this torrent is a no-go.
    If it was the other way around, it would be okay -- if the IPT.torrent has a file/folder that TL.torrent doesn't have, that's ok, as long as it has everything that TL does have.

The reason is because, for a user without immediate download privelages, the ONLY way you can start seeding on a torrent before you're allowed to download it is if you have 100% of the torrent. This is the rules on TL -- you can't seed with 99% of the torrent, you need the whole thing. It will just freeze the torrent if you have 99% and wait until you are granted download privelages to finish the torrent for you -- which could be 16 hours.

So, in my example, at Step3 what you do is just give up on that file -- you can't seed it yet, so don't worry, wait 30 minutes and try again, find a new file and compare them again.

Step4:
    Once you've got a set of torrents that pass Step3 -- ie all files in TL.torrent are in IPT.torrent -- then you press 'cancel' on the TL.torrent and you download the IPT.torrent. When it's done downloading, you press 'stop' on it, open TL.torrent, and in the 'save as' field find the same folder where you downloaded your IPT.torrent. Uncheck 'start torrent', press ok, find your torrent in uTorrent, right click on it, and press Force Recheck (will be near bottom of list). If you did step 3 properly, it should check the folder, find all the appropriate files, and get to 100%. If successful, you're free to start seeding!

Using this method I got to 10GB upload and a solid ratio in under 2 days with only 3 torrents, so it doesn't take much time or effort. Good luck!

Originally posted by nahpalm View Post
    I have had good luck on Sundays with all of the Fox releases that come out. They are usually ~300MB so I can get them quick from an outside source then cross seed to TL.

One note, you do not have to Stop your original seed to Cross seed. I typically cross seed to 3 trackers at a time.

One addition to this is the NFO file. Sometimes they are different. You can (in Vuze at least) go to file details and rename a file. So if I download originally from IPT and the NFO is different on TL. I will rename file.nfo to file-ipt.nfo. To rename you have to stop seeding. Then I will go to TL and view the NFO as text. Copy the NFO to notepad and save as the original .NFO.

When you click on the link to the torrent details in TL, you'll see a tab called NFO. Click that. At the top, click 'switch to text'. If the IPT torrent is missing a .nfo or for some reason the IPT.nfo is different from the TL.nfo, you can just change the file as nahpalm described above. You may have to go into the IPT torrent and right-click on the file.nfo and click 'don't download' so that the IPT torrent can't read / write it, but I'm not sure about that.
    Last edited by TKoL; January 16, 2013, 01:50 AM.

but there is not need for checking the two files side-by-side as utorrent force recheck does it and even if both have the same files recheck may fail

Comment

You have to download the torrent from the original source first for force-recheck to check it, so unless you were going to download that torrent anyway, it's a good idea to check it yourself so that you're not just downloading it for nothing.

And yes, you risk the recheck failing even if they both have the same files. In that case, you can just press force-start on the TL torrent and wait for it to become available to your user class, and you'll have to probably download like an nfo file or something and then continue seeding the rest of the torrent for free.

Comment

ratio master is better for torrentleech ratio building LOL :)

Comment

don't know what that is
          [edit]
          yeah i do. probably not a good idea to flaunt it around this site that you use that. people aren't really into cheating on this site. I'm happy to improve my ratio without cheating.

Comment

that was joke my friend :)

Comment

ah, i see. my mistake ;)

Comment

can i cross seed my tl files to iptorrent, will that affect my seeding in torrentleech

Comment

Originally posted by susanarenlee View Post
                  can i cross seed my tl files to iptorrent, will that affect my seeding in torrentleech
                  Yes you can. There are several cross seeding tutorials in the tutorials section. The most important thing about cross seeding is that the files you want to cross seed must be identical.

I do cross seeding very often between trackers (including TL and IPT) in order to build ratios more efficiently.

Comment

Originally posted by minesweeper51 View Post
                    Yes you can. There are several cross seeding tutorials in the tutorials section. The most important thing about cross seeding is that the files you want to cross seed must be identical.

I do cross seeding very often between trackers (including TL and IPT) in order to build ratios more efficiently.

how about if the file in torrentleech have .nfo and then in ipt you finished the download file without .nfo will that be ok to outside seed to torrentleech

thanks in advanced

Comment

how about if the file in torrentleech have .nfo and then in ipt you finished the download file without .nfo will that be ok to outside seed to torrentleech

thanks in advanced
                      Dont think that will work, other way around would be fine i believe. Nice guide, but i would be very wary of downloading HD films straight out, a lot of users have incredibly fast seedboxes so even though a HD film may have a ton of leechers one minute, check back a minute later and they are all seeders. I got my ratio over 7GB in 2 days by cross seeding tv shows mainly, i actually found that torrentday was faster with releases then IPT was.

Comment

well thank you for the info, i will not try to download it,
                        Can i know if there's a limit of files to cross(outside seeding) as of now i have 3 files which is before a demonoid file and i outside seed it to TL

Comment

well thank you for the info, i will not try to download it,
                          Can i know if there's a limit of files to cross(outside seeding) as of now i have 3 files which is before a demonoid file and i outside seed it to TL
                          Wouldnt have thought so, I have about 8 or 9 cross seeding at the moment :)

Comment

thanks.. rep for you

Comment

Great guide, especially helpful for all those people that recently joined TL due to the door opening up for their 8th birthday. First few downloads are always the most important.

Comment

Working...
                              X