This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allow ONLY one application for each tracker on one thread ONLY

i think there must be a rule to limit users apply on any GA thread for tracker if they didnt any active GA there.
    to be clerify ,
    If user A applied to for IPT at thread B he can't apply at thread B and C for IPT .

Not sure if it is easy to do.

From what I understand, you want to prevent users from applying on several threads for the same tracker, right?

As a rule, I am not sure it will be easy to enforce it.

T-I could try to create a database where every giver has to inform which tracker invite they are offering and how many they are offering.
    Furthermore, it should require some kind of obligatory check box where the applying users choose the tracker they want to apply to, in a way that the data is sent to the database to prevent further same tracker application.

Also, the invite givers would have to answer every application without exception to avoid forbiding users to move on to others threads giveaway.

In my opinion, while it could be a welcome change, I am not sure a new rule will be enough and I am not sure the database idea is easy to implement.

Comment

I'm going to just start off by saying that I do not support this. There are a few reasons for this. First, just because a user applies in multiple GAs, does not mean that they are receiving multiple invites. They are not breaking any rules. By allowing them to apply in multiple places, they are able to receive the invite they are looking for much much faster than only being able to apply in one GA at a time.

Consider this scenario: User A applies in a GA for IPT. Turns out that the person running that GA is away for a few days, but the applicant doesn't know that. Now lets add onto that by saying that multiple other people applied after user A, but user A did not meet the requirements for whatever reason and the invite goes to another applicant. Now user A just wasted days waiting on an invite to IPT that they never received.
      Now lets assume user A applied in 2 other GAs for IPT. One GA, user A does not qualify for whatever reason. The other GA, user A received the invite a few hours after replying.

So in this case, limiting it to 1 application at a time, a person could wait days before they find out that they need to apply elsewhere, when if they can apply in multiple GAs, they get their invite within a few hours and the others they retract their application.

Now look at this from the staff side. There are so many applications each day for invites. Imagine staff having to monitor every GA thread in every GA section to make sure members are only applying in one GA. Even if users were reporting cases of multiple applications, this would still but a huge and unnecessary burden on our staff. Now what if a user is following these rules, but they forget to remove their application from one GA so that they can apply to another. This again puts unnecessary burden on staff and this time even the user because of a simple error that they made.

We have plenty of rules already to insure the safety of our members. Adding a rule such as this would deter even more members from using our site. This gets a big NO from me.
      JOIN US ON IRC FOR CHATTING, FUN, GAMES & PRIZES!

How To Connect To IRC

IRC Word Game
      IRC Word Game Prizes

Comment

Originally posted by Poopderp View Post
        I'm going to just start off by saying that I do not support this. There are a few reasons for this. First, just because a user applies in multiple GAs, does not mean that they are receiving multiple invites. They are not breaking any rules. By allowing them to apply in multiple places, they are able to receive the invite they are looking for much much faster than only being able to apply in one GA at a time.

Consider this scenario: User A applies in a GA for IPT. Turns out that the person running that GA is away for a few days, but the applicant doesn't know that. Now lets add onto that by saying that multiple other people applied after user A, but user A did not meet the requirements for whatever reason and the invite goes to another applicant. Now user A just wasted days waiting on an invite to IPT that they never received.
        Now lets assume user A applied in 2 other GAs for IPT. One GA, user A does not qualify for whatever reason. The other GA, user A received the invite a few hours after replying.

So in this case, limiting it to 1 application at a time, a person could wait days before they find out that they need to apply elsewhere, when if they can apply in multiple GAs, they get their invite within a few hours and the others they retract their application.

Now look at this from the staff side. There are so many applications each day for invites. Imagine staff having to monitor every GA thread in every GA section to make sure members are only applying in one GA. Even if users were reporting cases of multiple applications, this would still but a huge and unnecessary burden on our staff. Now what if a user is following these rules, but they forget to remove their application from one GA so that they can apply to another. This again puts unnecessary burden on staff and this time even the user because of a simple error that they made.

We have plenty of rules already to insure the safety of our members. Adding a rule such as this would deter even more members from using our site. This gets a big NO from me.
        This.

A lot of the time the user who started the thread does not reply, either because he's away, or he forgot to check the thread, or he even already gave all the invites but forgot to update the thread, and the list goes on and on.

So, one application would be a waste of time and a potential loss for the user who's seeking an invite.

If one user applies for several threads, nobody loses.
        Last edited by Electrolux; August 19, 2015, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Full control of the GA and its requirements does (within T-I rules) fall to the Giver, There is no need for such an awkward system imo..... "Multi apps" Doesn't personally bother me ( "within reasonable limits" ,, yes i do check profiles O.o) A good and honest application is most important, not the amount of times its written ..

Added.. If ya do apply in more than 1 GA and succeed, Inform other inviters !!
          Last edited by SUpper; December 30, 2015, 04:01 PM.

Comment

This does not get my support as it will prevent Members from getting invites and that is no good. After all this is an invite Forum
            only the shadow knows the evil in the hearts of men

Comment

Working...
            X