This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User stats

I would like to suggest to redesign the user statistics in the way, that you could see all basic info (like number of posts, iGiver and reputation) at once. Lets say if I click on my username it shows on the left side under the "Recent Visitors" part.
    The idea is to have these basic info together so you dont have to click the tabs (iGivers, About me). For example I still have some troubles to find number of my posts.

Yeah that sounds like a great idea, but its just one extra click to find how many posts you have under "About Me". but getting t the little box on the right would be good.

Comment

Originally posted by stabila View Post
      Yeah that sounds like a great idea, but its just one extra click to find how many posts you have under "About Me". but getting t the little box on the right would be good.
      One click here and one click there...
      It would by nice simple.
      You want a great advice? KISS - Keep It Stupid Simple, worked for me always

Comment

All the information you are requesting right there, the number of posts you have made, the number of igivers (only uniques ones), even your join date. The only thing that is not shown is your rep and that will never be displayed publically (and I do mean never so don't ask for it to be).
        sigpic

Comment

Yes the info is there, but I have to find some of my post that was already submitted to see it.
          What i meant was to enhance this in profile

There are tabs "iGiver" and "About Me", but you have to click on them and for me as newbie it was hard to orient.

not shown is your rep and that will never be displayed publically (and I do mean never so don't ask for it to be)
          I would not require to public some info that was not meant to display publically. My suggestion was not about that. It was about the layout only.

Comment

Layout is designed well and i dont think any changes will make it look better or easy. Its still not hard to check the user's info. There are many users here who dont like to share their info in public and prefer privacy which is the main thing.

All ideas are welcome always.

Thanks for sharing your idea :)

Comment

All of the information you are asking about (excluding iGivers) is visible on the About Me tab of a user's profile. You can see their total number of posts, their post per day average, their last date of activity, etc. If you look under their username, you will see how many rep bars they have and hovering over that will show their "rep level" ( that is the closest you will ever get to knowing the amount of rep someone has). As iGivers are a method of record keeping, the number is not very important and if you really want to know, you can view it in the iGiver tab or under their name in a post.

I don't see any need to change the layout. The current one shows all the information you wanted to know, if not more.
              JOIN US ON IRC FOR CHATTING, FUN, GAMES & PRIZES!

How To Connect To IRC

IRC Word Game
              IRC Word Game Prizes

Comment

Originally posted by miro13 View Post
                There are tabs "iGiver" and "About Me", but you have to click on them and for me as newbie it was hard to orient.
                Putting the layout under your avatar is going to be no better, we would still have to use links as it would be physically impossible to show all the information you are asking to be displayed in that area, so with that in mind you have achieved nothing by removing the tabs. In all fairness having the info as a clickable tab is a lot clearer than looking for links under your avatar.
                sigpic

Comment

Ok, it was just an idea.

Comment

Working...
                  X