This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help good members with low rep

I see it all the time on here... perfectly pleasant and rule following members here who are simply not as active as other members. Since high rep seems to equal more involvement here, the people with less time to spent here seem to suffer from very low rep.

It's not that they don't deserve a good rep either, but that they have less posts to add rep to. Heck, I have been very active lately, and given lots of rep to others, but rarely get it back. I would say that for every rep point I receive that I give out at least 8-10. People happily accept them, but rarely give them, at least to me. So even when you're active and involved you can still suffer. Sometimes I give out as many as 20 rep points a day, and at most get back 2-3, or even 0.

The point is that increased rep = advancement in your user status and access here. I have seen the things I mention above on a daily basis here. I think the current system is not balanced or fair enough.

Here's one good way to get reps, Tracker Review Competition! Win VIP or a Seedbox!

Also, once you hit 500 reps you're pretty much set.

Maybe the staff can make more competitions that offers reps.
    Examples would be posting more tutorials or updating them.
    Last edited by Hearts; July 18, 2015, 12:48 PM.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hearts View Post
      Here's one good way to get reps, Tracker Review Competition! Win VIP or a Seedbox!

Also, once you hit 500 reps you're pretty much set.
      I have been stuck in the high 100's for a while. Currently 198, so I'm not even half way there.

Comment

@MPC7448 it seems as this is a never ending issue with you. What is it that you find so unfair, also can you please explain to me why you are so hung up on rep.

Truth be told there are plenty of ways to earn rep quickly on this Forum, you just have to apply yourself to the Forum. I can assure you that playing in the off topic area of this Forum is not 1 of them. The quickest way to earn rep on T-I is helping the Forum ie; making reviews earn you 10 points, filling VIP requests earn you 10 points etc.. I suggest that rather than gripe about the rep system you focus on the areas where Staff offers rep for helping Forum and apply yourself to these areas
        only the shadow knows the evil in the hearts of men

Comment

ask not what TI can do for you, ask what you can do for TI

Comment

Originally posted by newguy View Post
            ask not what TI can do for you, ask what you can do for TI
            Good point. I may be guilty of losing sight of that.

I'm just a bit tired of giving so much rep when I get so little back. It's not just me though. I make a point of helping those at 33% and above with little rep.

These are really my only concerns, so I hope this helps answer your questions, [MENTION=171424]Shadowbuild[/MENTION].

Comment

Originally posted by MPC7448 View Post
              Good point. I may be guilty of losing sight of that.

I'm just a bit tired of giving so much rep when I get so little back. It's not just me though. I make a point of helping those at 33% and above with little rep.

These are really my only concerns, so I hope this helps answer your questions, @Shadowbuild.
              You seem to have a failed understanding of the rep system. Based off of what you have said so far, you expect to receive rep from other members simply because you have given them rep. This is not how the system works at all and that is not the reason we have it.

Rep is earned by doing useful things on the forums like creating tracker reviews, tutorials or other useful posts. Currently, you can earn quite a bit of rep for creating tracker reviews: Tracker Review Competition! Win VIP or a Seedbox!. Even just one review will earn you a decent amount.

If you sit back and give others rep while doing nothing but expecting rep in return for the rep you have given then of course you will see that you are not gaining much rep.
              JOIN US ON IRC FOR CHATTING, FUN, GAMES & PRIZES!

How To Connect To IRC

IRC Word Game
              IRC Word Game Prizes

Comment

Working...
              X