This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let us see our mistakes!

I noticed that when we get a post report, we are not able to see the thread that has been reported.
    I think that it would be more beneficial to know which post has been reported, for multiple reasons:
    - We can immediately see our mistakes and learn from them.
    - We can self-edit our posts and take some work from Mods/Admins.
    - We can eventually explain why we did something wrong/not correctly.

Or maybe I just don't understand how it works right now. What do you think?

I vote down on this suggestion.

1) A report does not imply that a user has done something wrong. But perhaps it requires Staff's attention.
    2) The Staff members will contact you personally if there is something that needs to be corrected. Until then, you're safe and sound.

Comment

Originally posted by NaTreX View Post
      I vote down on this suggestion.

1) A report does not imply that a user has done something wrong. But perhaps it requires Staff's attention.
      2) The Staff members will contact you personally if there is something that needs to be corrected. Until then, you're safe and sound.
      I understand your POV, but to be honest, I don't see any downside in letting the reported user know the reported post and the reason of the report.
      Why does it have to be hidden for me, since I'm directly affected by the report?
      Again, in my opinion it would reduce the workload for the Mods and Admins.

Anyway, it's just a suggestion. I do understand if it people are against it of course. I'd like to hear more opinions tho.

Comment

I also say no. As far as I am concern there should be no reason why anyone should know what is being reported to Staff and by who.

You should be contacted by the person handling the report as to why your post was reported if it warrants so. Also if it is for improperly edited proofs or something along those lines you should receive a tag on the post that was reported by the Member of Staff who handles the report.

I do not see nothing good coming from allowing anyone other than Staff to see reports
        only the shadow knows the evil in the hearts of men

Comment

Originally posted by Shadowbuild View Post
          I also say no. As far as I am concern there should be no reason why anyone should know what is being reported to Staff and by who.

You should be contacted by the person handling the report as to why your post was reported if it warrants so. Also if it is for improperly edited proofs or something along those lines you should receive a tag on the post that was reported by the Member of Staff who handles the report.

I do not see nothing good coming from allowing anyone other than Staff to see reports
          We already know the use who reports a post. Right now we have the situation that we get notified that a post has been reported and by whom, but we don't know which post has been reported and the reason for the report. The only people who should be able to see the report should be: the reported user, the person who reported the post and the Mods/Admins of course. So not everyone would be able to see the reports.
          In my vision it would require less work from the Mods/Admins and also the reported user could correct his mistake earlier.
          But maybe it is not easy to implement or just not that of a good idea after all.
          Thanks for taking the suggestion into consideration, you can close this thread now if you wish.

Comment

Originally posted by dantesinferno View Post
            I don't see any downside in letting the reported user know the reported post and the reason of the report.
            Quite simple... because it turns into a flame fest.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TankGirl View Post
              Quite simple... because it turns into a flame fest.
              What about allowing to view the report, without the ability to reply?

Comment

Originally posted by dantesinferno View Post
                What about allowing to view the report, without the ability to reply?
                Because seeing the report can also lead to a flame fest.

Trust me when I say that if you have done something really bad then you are most definately going to be contacted by a member of staff explaining the error of your ways. If a proof gets reported then the user is usually tagged with the line "Proof removed ~ blah blah blah (whatever is wrong)", if that doesn't happen then you need only to contact a member of the staff and we will inform you of the mistakes you have made.

I'm sorry but I am with SB on this, there is no reason for you to see the content of the reported post or for that matter who has reported it. There is no learning experience to be taken away from them and from my experience allowing users to see them just causes more issues and more work for the staff.
                sigpic

Comment

Another downside is someone thinking they did something wrong, when in reality, they may not havet. There are times someone reports a post, thinking there is something wrong with it and they, the reporter, are incorrect or being extremely nit-picky. By allowing the other party to see the content may cause them to edit their post when they don't need to or could actually end up causing more of an issue because of such.

As far as reducing work for Staff, this will surely increase the workload. When someone reports the post for "XYZ" reason and when I open it and it isn't there, I have to look into it even deeper. Even if the item is corrected prior to Staff reviewing the post, we still have to review it and process it.

On a side note - I personally don't think you should even be auto-notified when your post is reported. It only leads to confusion. If there is truly an issue, you'll either be tagged in a post or receive a PM from Staff.

Comment

this here gets a no. I think the best solution is to stop notifying users when and if any of their posts is reported. I would look into that solution rather than have users see all reports
                    only the shadow knows the evil in the hearts of men

Comment

Working...
                    X