Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ban giveaways and requests for IPT, TD, TTing, SceneTime & Deildu

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ban giveaways and requests for IPT, TD, TTing, SceneTime & Deildu

    The sysop for these trackers has gone too far. For the second time, he has DDOSed other private trackers without cause. He has been caught peer stealing on numerous occasions. He is a cancer on the torrenting community and this website should not shepherd people into for-profit trackers founded on pay2leech principles.

    Torrent Invites can and should take a stand against Zek. We lose nothing by prohibiting giveaways and requests for these sites. We do our part to ensure no more support goes to a disruptive egomaniac who terrorizes other trackers and swindles his own communities.

  • #2
    +1 for this

    Comment


    • #3
      -1 for this. Accusation is not proof.

      It should also be noted that the other "side" in this argument PTP specifically bans invites to be offered here!

      Comment


      • #4
        [MENTION=280273]ScampyRogue[/MENTION] , can you please give us more information? I really don't know what is going on at all.

        Comment


        • #5
          I did not decide yet, but I'm thinking about it.

          Originally posted by care71 View Post
          -1 for this. Accusation is not proof.

          It should also be noted that the other "side" in this argument PTP specifically bans invites to be offered here!
          PTP prohibited the giving away of invites to the tracker on forums that are not class restricted ones on other private trackers to protect their users and tracker. Nothing wrong with that.
          My Giveaways My Requests
          None None

          |
          |
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
          |
          |

          I bet you're the kind of guy that
          would fuck a person in the ass
          and not even have the godda*n
          common courtesy to give him a
          reach around. I'll be watching you.


          'Gunnery Sergeant Hartman
          '
          |
          |
          |~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          |
          |

          Thanks, gblaze

          Comment


          • #6
            I am totally against this sort of thing, we use the sites, some of us have invites, some of us give them away.
            If this site starts banning the giving out of invites for unproven reasons then we may as well shut it done and move on.
            If you do not like a particular site, then fine, don't use it, don't give invites, but this is a personal decision.
            If you have solid proof of your accusations, then fine post it & let each person make up their own mind...
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by TheWickerMan View Post
              I am totally against this sort of thing, we use the sites, some of us have invites, some of us give them away.
              If this site starts banning the giving out of invites for unproven reasons then we may as well shut it done and move on.
              If you do not like a particular site, then fine, don't use it, don't give invites, but this is a personal decision.
              If you have solid proof of your accusations, then fine post it & let each person make up their own mind...
              Couldn't agree more with TheWickerMan. It becomes a very slippery slope when you start picking winners and losers in other peoples fights. I think its best to let things sort themselves out, and everyone can make a personal decision which sites to support through seeding, inviting, community involvement, etc...

              Comment


              • #8
                Totally agree with [MENTION=56997]TheWickerMan[/MENTION] TI members can individually decide not to use the site in question, but TI should be Switzerland.

                "The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference."


                Ubuntu 12/14/16 Debian 7/8 Seedbox Guide and Script

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Arakasi View Post
                  Totally agree with @TheWickerMan TI members can individually decide not to use the site in question, but TI should be Switzerland.
                  Hey, that's my adopted country, maybe that's where the opinions come from?
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    im goin to have to say no to this....here at T-I. most of the trackers out there dont like us. usually if your found out to be a member here, your accounts at certain trackers will be banned.
                    im goin to be somewhat of a hypocrite here...as much as i dont like the accusations that IPT is responcible for the current attacks on PTP and BTN, i myself have no proof, only what staff are saying at PTP and BTN.
                    i also have never had a bad experience with any of the said trackers above. i find it comical that trackers attack eachother. i however, will continue to use ALL three!!

                    the only time i will "turn" on a tracker.....is when the try to "force' me to pay for their content.

                    as for T-I imposing restrictions on Trackers because of alleged behaviour.......no. even if proven true?.....no.
                    it should be up to each member here at T-I whether they want to be a member of said trackers.

                    Primus
                    special thanks to extJSDB for the VIP. special thanks to SiniuS for the avatar.
                    sigpic
                    "Alea iacta est." - The die is cast

                    "Veni, vidi, vici!" - I came, I saw, I conquered.

                    caesar....






                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by care71 View Post
                      -1 for this. Accusation is not proof.

                      It should also be noted that the other "side" in this argument PTP specifically bans invites to be offered here!
                      Which is their right to do, as they are a private community.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by PRIMUSPILUS View Post
                        i find it comical that trackers attack eachother.
                        They do not attack eachother. This is the only instance in the history of private trackers where one sysop attacked multiple other private trackers on multiple occasions. It's one jerk ruining the entire private tracker community which is why I'm suggesting we do not suppport his sites.

                        I appreciate your opinion that everyone should be able to make their own decision, but not everyone understands the situation. Personally, i think it would improve our relationship with the top tier private trackers if we took a stand against IPT.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Sagittarius View Post
                          @ScampyRogue , can you please give us more information? I really don't know what is going on at all.

                          I will not post the IPT dox, as I disagree with doxing in principle, but here's a quote from me in another thread summarizing whats going on.

                          Originally posted by ScampyRogue View Post
                          IPT got caught peer stealing from PTP, BTN and 70+ other private trackers. PTP and BTN called them out on it publically. IPT responded by DDOSing PTP and BTN.

                          The peer stealing was a dick move. He responded to being caught for pulling a dick move, by pulling an even more dickish move. This did not please the private tracker community.

                          Anonymous affiliated hackers doxed the sysop of IPT. The dox both revealed a ton of personal info about the sys op, detailed why the sys op was a dick and every dick move the sys op pulled, and urged people to both notify the authorities of his illegal activities and stop using IPT and all its affiliated sites.

                          (The sysop for IPT is also the owner of TTing, TD, Speed.CD, and Deildu)

                          This pissed the IPT sys op off. Once people heard about the dox, some of his staff started defecting. The direct cause of this DDOS was because the staff who ran IPT's IRC channel publically denounced IPT and moved the channel, taking lots of staff with him.

                          This REALLY pissed the IPT sys op off. Because he is paranoid, he assumed PTP and BTN had something to do with both the dox (they didn't) and the staff defection (they say they didn't, but the jury is still out on that one), so he DDOSed them.

                          TLDR - The sysop for IPT, TD, Tting, Speed.CD, and Deildu is a complete and utter jerk and no one should use those trackers. Switch to TSH. Its ratioless and they just opened up an interview system.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            It's time to park my accounts then.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by PRIMUSPILUS View Post
                              im goin to have to say no to this....here at T-I. most of the trackers out there dont like us. usually if your found out to be a member here, your accounts at certain trackers will be banned.
                              im goin to be somewhat of a hypocrite here...as much as i dont like the accusations that IPT is responcible for the current attacks on PTP and BTN, i myself have no proof, only what staff are saying at PTP and BTN.
                              i also have never had a bad experience with any of the said trackers above. i find it comical that trackers attack eachother. i however, will continue to use ALL three!!

                              the only time i will "turn" on a tracker.....is when the try to "force' me to pay for their content.

                              as for T-I imposing restrictions on Trackers because of alleged behaviour.......no. even if proven true?.....no.
                              it should be up to each member here at T-I whether they want to be a member of said trackers.

                              Primus
                              I would like to hear your (and everyone else) opinion on the fact that PTP invites are banned altogether and WCD invites in the non-VIP section. I mean I understand that these trackers do not want their invites to be given away on forums like our beloved TI, but so do many others. It was a staff decision AFAIK but how is this not a problem in your eyes if the banning of a site, which caused a lot of harm to many others (given the accusations are true), is?
                              Also, in my eyes, the dox and the information from IRC staff at IPTs former IRC server (they stopped working together with IPT, it was a user-run thing anyway) and staff of many other trackers, combined with the pulic actions of IPT's sysop make him highly suspicious and at this point I am almost certain everything he allegedly did is true.
                              That being said, I was not, am not, and will not try to force this opinion on others. All I am doing and all I can do is stating my opinion on this matter and discuss you points of view.
                              No hard feelings everyone, this is not a personal debate.

                              BTW: this was my 500th post :)
                              My Giveaways My Requests
                              None None

                              |
                              |
                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
                              |
                              |

                              I bet you're the kind of guy that
                              would fuck a person in the ass
                              and not even have the godda*n
                              common courtesy to give him a
                              reach around. I'll be watching you.


                              'Gunnery Sergeant Hartman
                              '
                              |
                              |
                              |~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                              |
                              |

                              Thanks, gblaze

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X