This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Give infractions for "Good GA" posts

Srsly, it's annoying, and spam...Even when mods/V.I.P's do it.And alot of people say it for some reason

"Good Giveaway man, keep up the good work"

"SPAMBOT DESTROY :cursing:" (lol)

But seriously, infractions should be given for this :P.

Asher just updated a number of the rules stating that mods will be cracking down on this. I know I have been guilty of these types of posts (I have done it when I think a member has really stepped up to help others to provide some encouragement for their good deed). I will tread much more carefully now (perhaps a PM or visitor message to show my appreciation...)

Comment

In my eyes its spam so if I see it I might give infractions
      Thanks To DeJaVu, Kalimjaro, and AMYHI

Comment

Originally posted by Cheen View Post
        In my eyes its spam so if I see it I might give infractions
        Okay, that's good.

Also you should give infractions to posts that are pointless I.E

"Hey guys do you have *random*, I can't find it"

"No I don't, sorry.

Comment

Those are already counted as Spam as they contribute nothing to the subject.

If you see them be happy to report. ;)

Comment

Okay, cause like over nine thousand people do it x[.

Comment

Over 9000?!
              Theres no way that can be right!
              But yeah, that gets annoying after a while
              Last edited by Ureshii; October 1, 2008, 10:08 PM.

Comment

All you got to do is click "report post" and like 2 minutes later I will be clicking "ban user"

Comment

I have reported a couple posts, haven't checked if they are banned or not though. (Woulda been more but I had to go).

Comment

Hmm, I don't get emails when you report posts. I'll have to ask Dave about it.

Comment

Good post

Joking :P But i totally agree, those kind of posts are basically meaningless. They do not contribute anything to the forum apart from increasing their post count. I think banning would be a bit excessive for this though, maybe just a warning for the first time, next time temporary ban for 2-3 days and after that a semi permanent ban. However if they have proven themselves to change they will be allowed to come back.

Comment

Actually I've just mentioned my personal opinion about such a lousey thing earlier yesertday in one of the topics where the same issue were arisen...Anyway,I will say it once again because I really hate that part too guys...why not implementing a new feature in the forum (very easy to be installed,I guess),that any member whenever wants to thank another member,he can just click on "Thanks" button and his name is written below his post udner the title of "Who said Thanks ? or People said Thanks:"...that way lots of topics will be Super clean off SPAMs by member who just bothered increasing his post counter just to say "Thanks,thnx,tnx,thx or what the fuck ever"....

Comment

like, when a member use that many times, it passes to another class named "GA Spamer"
                          =P

Comment

Working...
                          X