• Show
Clear All

• Shadowbuild
    replied
    approved

Leave a comment:

• ItSpec
    replied
    I really like the idea, it can be very useful. Thank you for volunteering @Maelstrom

Leave a comment:

• Maelstrom
    replied
    Ok, I'll get to work on it.

Leave a comment:

• Shadowbuild
    replied
    I actually think 3 columns are sufficient as we do not want the table burden down with unnecessary info other than that The Tracker is dead

Leave a comment:

• Maelstrom
    replied
    Originally posted by Shadowbuild View Post
    I agree with poopderp I can go for 1 thread with follow up as Trackers closed if they closed but not individual threads per Tracker. @Maelstrom let me know if you are interested
    Yep, that would be OK.

The list can have 3 to 6 columns:
    First 3 and mandatory: Tracker name, Genre and approximate closing date.
    Another three could include (although this might be too ambitious) : reason for closure, replaced by (if it happens to be the case, this column can also be used to post warnings of old tracker's names used by different staff) and alternative sites (if you used bitgamer, try GGn or BCG for example)

We can include two rules as to report a tracker as dead:

1. There has been an official announcement by the site's staff on either site or IRC
    2. Tracker/site have been dead with no announcements for more than 3 months and no ETA on when would it be back

What do you think?

Leave a comment:

• Shadowbuild
    replied
    I agree with poopderp I can go for 1 thread with follow up as Trackers closed if they closed but not individual threads per Tracker. [MENTION=41051]Maelstrom[/MENTION] let me know if you are interested

Leave a comment:

• Poopderp
    replied
    Having a thread for each tracker that is dead is definitely overkill. Each thread would just be an additional gateway to spam.
    A thread containing a list of trackers that have died might be an interesting thing to have though. It could work similar to the tracker review index in that the first post is a table containing a list of trackers. Then people can post in the thread about a tracker dying and the person maintaining the thread can update the list.

This could be made a sticky thread in the Tracker Downtimes section.

Leave a comment:

• Maelstrom
    started a topic Create a Dead Trackers Thread

Create a Dead Trackers Thread

I think the idea to make a separate thread for each tracker that is down is a very good idea, why not make the same with dead/ announced imminent close (with the exception of bitsoup of course) trackers? If there is no one that would take on the task, I would like to volunteer.
Working...
X