This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unthanks

Hi, after having a problem with a person requesting an invite, but not wishing to use the CB, I tried to remove my thanks for his post, but could not.
    I see others reporting this issue on the TI Poetry Competition, where Thanks are to be used as votes.
    Thus, the suggestion is to have the facility to remove previously applied Thanks, i.e., an "Unthanks" - rather similar to the Like/Dislike we used to have before...
    Waiting for your thanks on this one.
    sigpic

You will have to propose this to [MENTION=1]Dave[/MENTION] as he is the only one who can make these changes on the Forum. I do agree that this will make sense
    only the shadow knows the evil in the hearts of men

Comment

Originally posted by Shadowbuild View Post
      You will have to propose this to @Dave as he is the only one who can make these changes on the Forum. I do agree that this will make sense
      OK, let's see if others agree with it too, Dave is aware from the Poetry competition.
      sigpic

Comment

You got a like from me ;) +1 for useful suggestion.

Comment

is there any way we could go back to the "like" feature instead of "thanks". its no biggy, but "thanking" a post feels different to me then a "like"
          special thanks to extJSDB for the VIP. special thanks to SiniuS for the avatar.
          sigpic
          "Alea iacta est." - The die is cast

"Veni, vidi, vici!" - I came, I saw, I conquered.

caesar....

Comment

Originally posted by PRIMUSPILUS View Post
            is there any way we could go back to the "like" feature instead of "thanks". its no biggy, but "thanking" a post feels different to me then a "like"
            This might have been the only hack available when the site was upgraded last Month. Actually it was thanks before likes I am not sure if you was a Member then and the upgrade then did not have a thank mod so we went with likes and dislikes

Comment

Originally posted by Sbies
              Actually wait... I've changed my mind, I don't think this is a good idea... How do I take away my Thank?
              ;D
              It would just be a toggle, as DarkKnight suggested, Thank & Unthank (or remove thank) not dislike - as before.
              sigpic

Comment

OK, I am going to ask the million dollar question...

Why would you need to unlike/unthank something that you have thanked/liked?
                The instance in which you cite for having it implemented isn't one that I would consider compelling since Dave has already stated that you can vote for more than one entry and although you may feel that one particular entry is more worthy than another I suspect that in the final count up one vote is not going to make a huge difference (especially if people go and vote for their preferred poem).

If someone has taken the time and effort to contribute to the site (in whatever thread it is) and you then you have taken the time to show your appreciation for said contribution why would you need to remove it?
                sigpic

Comment

hi, i suppose my case is rather rare. i thanked someone for his proofs but when i came to give the invite i find he already has an account, so now i want to revoke the thanks but can't...
                  sigpic

Comment

That person I assume is the one on the block (still need the evidence for that btw ;P), in which case his fate has yet to be determined. Your case actually highlights the main reason not to have the ability to remove thanks/likes ~ The ability to remove the thanks just because he may have wronged you.
                    sigpic

Comment

Before the hack you did have the ability to unlike a post you previously liked, or rectify a situation where you did not mean to like the post. And back when we went to Torrent-Invite v4 the system was much like it is now but back then it was modified in such a way it said "Like" instead of "Thanks".
                      "Our virtues and our failings are inseparable, like force and matter. When they separate, man is no more." - Nikola Tesla

Comment

Originally posted by ECH3LON View Post
                        Before the hack you did have the ability to unlike a post you previously liked, or rectify a situation where you did not mean to like the post. And back when we went to Torrent-Invite v4 the system was much like it is now but back then it was modified in such a way it said "Like" instead of "Thanks".
                        Does that mean you "Like" the current situation, or just "Thank" Dave for it?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheWickerMan View Post
                          Does that mean you "Like" the current situation, or just "Thank" Dave for it?
                          I guess what he is trying to say is exactly what was said earlier. The only person who can decide whether this is even doable is [MENTION=1]Dave[/MENTION], it is his call.

That is if there even is a mod for this to be implemented. I personally do like the idea of being able to do both thank and unthank a post

Comment

Pending Dave's post here http://www.torrent-invites.com/showt...=264519&page=3 I will approve this suggestion, again this is contingent on this being doable. I have considered all scenarios and where this might not seem to be necessary to some I think that we should have an option to unthank a post just like we had the option to unlike

Comment

Working...
                            X