This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing FTN requests from Requests section

Everytime I go to the request section to see if I can fill anything, I just see FTN request threads from users that just recently became 33%, and those who have been a member for a long time. The request section is flooded with FTN requests, which is (in my opinion) ruining the request section.

Since FTN doesnt give out invites that often, my suggestion is removing these threads(yes, even mine, which is one of the largest ftn threads in the request section). When someone does get an FTN invite, they can approve it through the staff, and then create a giveaway thread wherever they see fit.

The reason I am saying this is so that new users that just become 33% wont request FTN just because everyone else is doing it(which is why I did it, but I actually want it now for my own reasons), and so that it is easier to fill requests in the requests section. People that want to fill requests will actually see requests other than FTN, and we will be able to fill them.

When someone does get a FTN invite, they can give it to some of their trusted friends on this website who they already know and love, or they can make it a free-for-all in a giveaway thread.

I think it's fine as it is now. There are total of 4 pages in request forum and last page all locked posts. Thus i don't think it's flooded by FTN or any other requests.
    There are many FTN requests but I don't think they are messing the request section.

Comment

I m new here but the request section looks fine for me.

No spam,no ass kickers,no hypocrite.

Just good,even if all request I had read didn't pushed me to invite someone.

Comment

Maybe to create a separate Request for FTN in the Request section.. Like Demonoid thread:

All FTN requests Here:

Retired

Half Angel, half Demon, has fear of the Gods and is feared by the mortals The Veritas is the truth and only truth. No blade can turn him from his way, no wind is strong enough to stop him. Watching from above, he knows everything. He is NOT the greatest but the mightiest, the awesome Exalted !!!

Comment

This is not one of the better suggestions I've ever seen, because they actually do get filled. There is no harm in keeping them up there in hopes of landing one, and I wouldn't want it to come across as a T-I hates FTN thing. It may send the wrong impression to FTN if we were to say Hey look we're making it a rule never to request one. You never know what other people might think of the move.

I haven't looked in the req section and said to myself "arrrg too many FTN requests, what an eyesore!" And believe me, I'm in there a lot. I think you should be free to request any invite you want so long as this place is still named Torrent-Invites.

Comment

The request section isn't being ruined by the FTN requests. If anything, the request section is a victim of its own success. Aside from about a half dozen trackers, requests for pretty much any other tracker where invites are not in extremely short supply are filled very quickly. That leaves the FTN requests, the seedbox requests and the other rare invite trackers remaining in the requests section. There does seem to be a recent uptick in FTN requests, probably due to the news of the recent invite refresh there, the concurrent upswing in hype about what a great tracker it is and a desire to strike while the iron is hot, so to speak.

If anything, if the FTN requests ever became so prevalent as to be an issue, a subforum as suggested by Veritas would be a better solution. But really, until the request section is awash in unfilled PTP and Awesome-HD requests or other "why has this not been filled" trackers, I personally don't see a need for it at this time.

Comment

i think its a great Idea and maybe we can make just 75% and above can make FTN Requests .

Comment

I think its great we see those rare requests filled and should keep it where it is. But how about a small compromise and move it to 50 to 75% :)
                You either really trully want it by then or are already too busy dealing with other trackers.

Comment

I don't think the idea of letting only 75% users request FTN good. This is against the idea of sharing.... why someone deserve the right to request only because of foruns post? It should be based on competence and reliability of the applicant, not his ability to spam up to 75%. If someone have an invite to FTN and think the number of posts is significant matter, just open a thread at trusted giveaways and state that only these users are allowed to apply.
                  Need some help in portuguese?
                  Send me a PM

Comment

Maybe to create a separate Request for FTN in the Request section.. Like Demonoid thread:

All FTN requests Here:
                    I think the best idea here is too make a sticky for all FTN requests, like Veritas said. Its a great idea. That way all other invites can be visible on the first page so that people can fill them and if someone has an FTN invite that they want to give here, they can just look in the FTN sticky. This should make things easier
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dj187 View Post
                      I think the best idea here is too make a sticky for all FTN requests. That way all other invites can be visible on the first page so that people can fill them and if someone has an FTN invite that they want to give here, they can just look in the FTN sticky. This should make things easier
                      there would be a lot of sticked posts then. The current system works well. If it ain't broke...

Comment

In a way i would like this idea, but if you think about it its okay how it is, i mean i think you should let people request something they want ;), also putting them into one post wouldnt be a good idea, because what i would do if i where to invite someone to FTN is look at each post, seeing how long theyve been here, what have they done for TI? are they a good member? all these questions come to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by dj187 View Post
                          I think the best idea here is too make a sticky for all FTN requests, like Veritas said. Its a great idea. That way all other invites can be visible on the first page so that people can fill them and if someone has an FTN invite that they want to give here, they can just look in the FTN sticky. This should make things easier

You read it wrong.. I never said Sticky, it was about a Thread in a Thread. Like a Folder. You enter inside the Requests and enter again in FTN Requests again for FTN invites. That`s all.

Retired

Half Angel, half Demon, has fear of the Gods and is feared by the mortals The Veritas is the truth and only truth. No blade can turn him from his way, no wind is strong enough to stop him. Watching from above, he knows everything. He is NOT the greatest but the mightiest, the awesome Exalted !!!

Comment

i'm agree remove these ftn requests, i'm a menber of ftn and i think these requests are Bad for t-i.com....you have a vip area use it No?

Comment

yes of course, ftn is not a common tracker it needs good torrenter. VIP on t-i.com? ok you have free rs, mu, hf ad seedbox i guess so good ....

Comment

Working...
                              X