Proof on the chopping block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proof on the chopping block

Reading this thread it certainly came to my attention that the proof we post on the chopping block undermines all the safeguards we place on ourselves.

How many people with that exact join date shown in the screen shots got banned at that time? One. The inviter of the cheater and his inviter have both posted here that they, users of TI are his inviters. How easy would it be for the SCC admins to raise the ban hammer?

I vote all proofs should not placed in block threads, posts should say at the most "gujuthugster is a cheater on SCC, pm with details on request"

Thats a very good point Moo, perhaps more info should be exchanged via PM as you have suggested.
    JustJenna, TankGirl, Forbidden have passed muster ;)
    Thanks to CerealGOAT for introducing me to Seedboxes and Mastercox for Avatar
    http://i45.tinypic.com/33l2xds.gif
    And to add iGiver and http://i44.tinypic.com/35k4d2h.gif when appropriate.

Comment

Hi the moo and thankyou for bringing this to my attention this was my first time that i had put someone on the chopping block and i read the rules and thaught everything was ok but looking more into it you are right this was a mistake on my part.The error has been rectified now and the screenshot has been removed sorry if this has caused a few problems. i do agree it mabe would be easyer to send this information via PM but the people who are put on the chopping block are there for a reason and i think its just that every member knows about this weather the accused is guilty or not.thats just my opinion

Comment

thanx for your help moo
        Everything is relative, including my opinion.

sigpic

Comment

I wouldn't want you and your inviter to be banned :)

Comment

yher i know moo i know where i went wrong and thankyou for pointing it out to me and my invitee has been banned

Comment

This is a good idea but as you say the proofs will be available only for mods and this will require more work for them because they have to ask everytime for the proofs.
              Moreover this will be a better way to keep the privacy of all users more safe.
              So I agree with this suggestion.

Comment

Originally posted by Darius View Post
                This is a good idea but as you say the proofs will be available only for mods and this will require more work for them because they have to ask everytime for the proofs.
                Moreover this will be a better way to keep the privacy of all users more safe.
                So I agree with this suggestion.
                I disagree with you Darius. Mods can be recruited anytime, and I bet there are plenty of mods in this forum. So having 2 mods to monitor this section isn't much problem. Also this particular section doesn't require heavy monitoring because on average, I believe, you would only get 1-2 topics to be dealt with. So asking for proofs in such a way is not burden to the moderators.

A good way to counter this problem is have a feature that enables only moderators to download the screenshots. That way it's much more logical that only the mods and admins get to see them.

Another way is to utilize the "Report" function. The report function is not only there for reporting spam or flame topics, but rather if it's improved, you can use it to inform mods too about the proof issue. So once a post has been made, proofs can be done by hitting the Report button, and uploading them there, since Report can only been seen by privilleged user.

Regards,
                Seeyabye

Comment

Working...
                X