This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor Messages

I have another suggestion here.My oppinion is to create another section in the profiles of every member of this forum(like Feedback,Statistics,About me...)named Visitor Messages(or something like this) which contain messages from the members that visit your profile.

That will be a nice way to communicate with your friends in this forum without sending a private message.

This option could be used from anything starting with a nice welcome and ending with serios disscusions(that can be shown to the public) in the profile of each user.

Any toughts?

Originally posted by Darius View Post
    I have another suggestion here.My oppinion is to create another section in the profiles of every member of this forum(like Feedback,Statistics,About me...)named Visitor Messages(or something like this) which contain messages from the members that visit your profile.

That will be a nice way to communicate with your friends in this forum without sending a private message.

This option could be used from anything starting with a nice welcome and ending with serios disscusions(that can be shown to the public) in the profile of each user.

Any toughts?
    Do you mean something like 'the wall' in facebook? I don't really see what would be the benefit of something like that.. Then you'd have to check for pm's, for new posts, AND for new wallposts..

Comment

Originally posted by nehpets View Post
      Do you mean something like 'the wall' in facebook? I don't really see what would be the benefit of something like that.. Then you'd have to check for pm's, for new posts, AND for new wallposts..
      Hy nehpets!I'm not a member of facebook so I don't know what do you mean.

What I wanted to say is that any member can post a visitor message for a member that he visited.

This thing doesn't really bring any benefits for the members but at least bring a little more communication for the friends from this forum...

Also,when you have received a visitor message,you can be announced just like when you receive a private message.

Moreover,I don't think is that hard to check the newest ads and posts since you last visit.

Just my oppinion.

Comment

Not keen on this idea, it could encourage midgets to post requests for invites and rep etc. We have enough problems with potential members making unsolicited friend requests (or I do). Nice idea but I can't see that working unless there was a way to lock it down so that only repped members could post a message.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TankGirl View Post
          Not keen on this idea, it could encourage midgets to post requests for invites and rep etc. We have enough problems with potential members making unsolicited friend requests (or I do). Nice idea but I can't see that working unless there was a way to lock it down so that only repped members could post a message.
          Of course!Only repped members will have acces to this feature!

Comment

why not give the user a choice whether he want visitor messages in his profile or not in options because i would like to have a section like that :)
            sigpic

A new breed, A new generation. D-generation X, you can not stop him, slow him down, or shield yourself from his gaze. He is here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and we're all out of gum. He is DX, he is Exalted . . .

Comment

Originally posted by DX View Post
              why not give the user a choice whether he want visitor messages in his profile or not in options because i would like to have a section like that :)
              Yes!This is a good point too!Maybe not all the users want this option...

Comment

vBulletin does in fact have this feature, as I've seen it on almost every other forum that uses vB. Maybe it's a default feature and Dave had it removed it?
                ♥ Jen

BEST INTRO EVER: http://www.torrent-invites.com/accep...we-people.html

Comment

Originally posted by Signus View Post
                  vBulletin does in fact have this feature, as I've seen it on almost every other forum that uses vB. Maybe it's a default feature and Dave had it removed it?
                  yep its been disabled .. but it can be re-enabled :D
                  sigpic

A new breed, A new generation. D-generation X, you can not stop him, slow him down, or shield yourself from his gaze. He is here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and we're all out of gum. He is DX, he is Exalted . . .

Comment

I think this would be a great idea as long as each user gets to decide if they want it on or off for there profiles.

Comment

This is actually a default feature of vbulletin. However we have disabled it as we do not see it as a feature that is beneficial to this site.

PMs and posts in main forums cover both areas very well.

Visitor messages only create confusion for new members and less knowledgeable members may expose sensitive data unintentionally. This then creates more work for the staff which i feel is unnecessary.
                      PM me at your own peril.

No emails in posts | Spam and die | Give igiver to those who deserve it | People with larger sigs than me are overcompensating

Hand pick your people, Totally dependable, Totally Loyal~Admiral Cain

Comment

Working...
                      X