X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add donation/payment option

Hello everyone!

I know the most members are above 18 years old and they can easily get a visa card, but some are below 18 years old and it is pretty hard if their parents do not allow them to use their credit card to donate...

So I'd like to see a mobile phone option, which with it through your mobile phone you can "send money"/pay for something. I have used on facebook this site: Pay With Your Mobile Phone & Accept Online Payments Using PAYMO Mobile Payments System to pay for something and it was good and faster than I thought.

Would it be possible to add an option like that and what do you think about it?
    Yes, it would be nice to be added an option like it.
    47.06%
    No and I will post why I vote for no.
    52.94%
    Last edited by OkIwont; December 27, 2009, 04:21 PM.

i agree.
    It would be a lot better, expecially for new users that are overwhelemed.

Comment

Except that things are going to get real ugly for you when your parents start going over the phone bill that they're expected to pay. If their parents don't give them a credit card I don't think they're going to be very happy at finding the cell phone was essentually used as a credit card.
      Born of mortal flesh and blood, she has toiled with understanding cyphers at times so oblique as to defy all understanding, drawing the attention of those so hidden in the shadows that their substance is not even the stuff of legends. Her work, both revered and reviled, continues to this day, as The Exalted.

Lovin' T-I !!!!

Custom avatar created by demon. Thank you so much!

Comment

Lot of us don't have a mobile bill that must be paid monthly.. We just buy cards of 9/20/30 euros and then "put" the money of the card in our mobiles. That way, they can't really know where the money was spent at; messages? calls? payments? :P

EDIT(30/12/2009):
        Could the persons who vote for no, say the reason that they don't want this payment option?
        I don't say to remove the paypal option... I just suggest to add another one, so more members can donate.
        Could you tell me your point of view?
        Thanks to every "brave" person who will post.
        Last edited by OkIwont; December 30, 2009, 05:32 AM.

Comment

I have a feeling that would end up in a lot of reversed payments. Children shouldn't be donating without parental consent. Period.

Comment

Ok, one option I know is that a lot of people now have Debit Cards (Recognized as a CCard, but only uses $$ in your bank account), and I know I was allowed one when I was 14, I think it should be the same everywhere else? If the under 18's don't have a Credit Card (Got mine at 16 - but thats not the point), I'm sure they would at least have a Debit Card??

Mobile phone would cause a lot of hassle, as flutrose said.

Just My 2c Worth...

Schmak
            He watches you while you pee. He watches you while you sleep. He can turn a Mini in to a Ferarri. His mind works in mysterious ways. You have the urge to kill someone, he has done it already. From the shadows in the valley of death, he is The Exalted!
            Thanks MrI for the avatar.

Fav Trackers - Pedro's | TT | Waffles | What

FTN | SCC | IPT

Comment

I don't think mobile payment should be an option..besides already mentioned reasons isn't your cellular invoice confusing enough already?

An alternative if you don't like to use plastic period...I know here in the states you can pretty much go to any grocery store and buy a prepaid credit card or gift card with a preset amount for a small fee (like 4-6$ usd) on top of the principle. I use \/isa gc's for online gaming sites where I elect to make any deposits I might make anonymously and haven't had any problems with them. *note that it may take up to an hour for the stores register system to activate the card after purchase so don't panic if an order or account transfer says card rejected. (I did this and flew off the handle and the card suddenly worked to fund my paypal act. when I was on the phone with the card-issuer service guy...poor guy..if you happen to patron this site....sorry) There is usually a cap at the end of the isles and one more than likely has a giftcard station if it's a decent sized market.
              Last edited by Equavious; January 5, 2010, 05:17 AM. Reason: because i lost my playskewls my first speak and spell

Comment

*OkIwont enters in a defensive mode* :laugh:

Originally posted by JustJenna View Post
                I have a feeling that would end up in a lot of reversed payments. Children shouldn't be donating without parental consent. Period.
                So... that means there is not chance to implent/add this option?

Btw, I think that you can't reverse a payment which was done with that way...
                And.. a question: Then what else can I offer if not donating except helping in introduction section?

Originally posted by Schmak View Post
                Ok, one option I know is that a lot of people now have Debit Cards (Recognized as a CCard, but only uses $$ in your bank account), and I know I was allowed one when I was 14, I think it should be the same everywhere else?
                As you already said that Debit Card uses the money you have in bank account..
                In order to have a bank account if you are 18- (at least in Greece) you must create it with an adult, you can't create it alone. You must "share" the account with an adult but still(I looked at a bank's site) you can't take money from the account before the age of 18. So... still I can't donate without involving an adult. (hmm,thinking of that I may can find someone who won't talk to my parents and specially my father.. maybe my father's brother! if I offer him some euros he propably won't talk :001_tongue: lol... just kidding)

Originally posted by Equavious View Post
                I don't think mobile payment should be an option..besides already mentioned reasons isn't your cellular invoice confusing enough already?

I know here in the states you can pretty much go to any grocery store and buy a prepaid credit card or gift card with a preset amount for a small fee (like 4-6$ usd) on top of the principle.
                I don't really see a reason not to add it.
                Its the money of the teenager and he can spend it on what he likes.(of course I am not talking about drugs.. :001_tongue:)
                As for reserving the payments I don't think it is possible.
                So is there any other reason not to add that option besides those 2,which I believe they don't really matter?

Btw,if I was living in the states I would have bought a card and not really care about suggesting it.

Comment

I see no point to this as it can lead to trouble for youngsters who don't pay their own phone bills as Flutrose and JustJenna have stated. In addition to credit card, donations by money order might be good for younger people. Just sayin'.

Comment

I'm sorry but I really don't see this happening. Encouraging minors to spend money that their parents have not approved is not something I see Torrent-Invites being affiliated with. If you wish to donate find a consenting adult and do it the normal way.

Thread closed.

Comment

Working...
                    X