This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestion to make the forum uniform and stop spams

Recently complaint was filed against me for requesting invites at too many places. So i have thought about it and here is what i suggest..

What i suggest is that there be specific threads for more common giveaways like bitgamer, revtt, TL. Here is what i propose:

1. Create a thread in mid level and low level thread called something like "Post all request for xxx here"

2. This thread will contain the first post by an admin who will provide what kind of proof should be needed according to the level of the tracker. So basically i am asking for 1 generalised proof according to the level of the tracker.

3. Based on the requirement, candidates can post the desired proof IN A SINGLE THREAD rather than applying a million other places.

4. A person who wants to give away a particular invite may read this ONE thread and PM the candidates he is interested in giving invites to (based on number of posts, iGiver etc). He may also ask for additional proof via PM

5. The application can later be edited from that thread by the requesting person upon recieving the invite. THIS SHOULD BE MANDATORY so as to inform various igivers viewing the thread that u have recieved the invite already. something like "EDIT: already recieved the invite from xxx"

what this would do is that u can apply for an invite just once instead of 10 places and upon recieving the invite, the user can easily edit his post in this one thread saying that he has recieved the invite and hence provide notification to other igivers.

Is this a good method? Kindly post your views on the same
    Last edited by arsenalfan; December 12, 2009, 01:09 AM.

I really hate this method. I've seen it used at other sites (trackers), and it's just a total mess.

We have a request forum for people who want to request a single tracker. Otherwise, it's up to the individuals on the site to decide to how to conduct their giveaways, and I think it's working quite well. This way each person can set their own requirements, and potential invitees come to them instead of vice-versa. Changing to the one-thread-per-tracker method would be a significant downgrade from our current system, in my opinion. You'll get used to how the system works, just don't abuse it.

Comment

individuals can still decide with this method.. only one admin will define a standard proof for a particular tracker.. in addition to that basic req, u may add watever ur req is from the person requesting for invite

Comment

When you post a giveaway, you're careful with who you invite, right? Of course. You probably check the applicants' iGiver, post count, reputation and maybe poke through their last few posts. In my opinion, you should also be careful about selecting a giver.

Some may see this as rude and looking a gift horse in the mouth. The fact of the matter is if you are invited by a cheater or your inviter invites a cheater, you could lose not only your account but also the accounts of everyone you invited. That's one of the major reasons why T-I does not condone trading.

I'm not trying to say you should go over your giver with a fine-toothed comb. But I am saying that it is always helpful to know whom you're asking. I think your system would preclude that. I like your idea of standardized giveaway requirements, though. It would most certainly be helpful to have recommended requirements for each tracker level.
        Last edited by AfterMidnight; December 12, 2009, 12:47 PM.

sigpic

New News: New News: T-I: The Story - Part III: The Gatekeepers 1
        Old News: OiNK Founder Acquitted
        News in the Making: T-I: The Story - Part III: The Gatekeepers 2 (2%)

Comment

Originally posted by arsenalfan View Post
          individuals can still decide with this method.. only one admin will define a standard proof for a particular tracker.. in addition to that basic req, u may add watever ur req is from the person requesting for invite
          No. It's our invites, WE decide how to give them away. And I doubt our admins would want this added aggravation even if we begged and pleaded for them to set up a system like this.

If you don't want to draw attention to yourself for asking for too many invites, then here's some advice: QUIT ASKING FOR INVITES. And as an FYI, any giver worth their salt is going to carefully peruse your posting history and see that you requested the same tracker from a bunch of other people within the past day or two, so posting more requests has actually defeated your purpose (as in no half-intelligent person will give you an invite now based on your request history).
          Born of mortal flesh and blood, she has toiled with understanding cyphers at times so oblique as to defy all understanding, drawing the attention of those so hidden in the shadows that their substance is not even the stuff of legends. Her work, both revered and reviled, continues to this day, as The Exalted.

Lovin' T-I !!!!

Custom avatar created by demon. Thank you so much!

Comment

This has already been suggested and shot down.

Thread closed.

Comment

Working...
            X