Give invites system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Give invites system

Hey, I was just looking through the give invites section today and Iíve noticed people post wherever they want, e.g. Bitgamer invites is mid-level. Anyhow, this might be a long shot, and perhaps something quite hard to do, but I thought Iíd post it see if someone else thinks it's a good idea.

Anyhow, what I was thinking is creating an automatic "give invites" system, in other words, people would have to fill in a form, which would be automated. All the different trackers could be put in a drop-box (including the option "other") and next to it the number of invites. This would not only create a normalized standard on the way invitations are presented but it would also make it much easier for the inviter and the invitee, as the invites could be searched by the name of the private tracker. Perhaps this is not a priority to the community but I believe in the long term it would be beneficial as it improves organization.
    Well, let me know what you think.
    R.
    Definatelly/Something to be considered.
    33.33%
    No/too complicated.
    47.62%
    Not a priority.
    19.05%

It's a nice idea but with the amount of trackers appearing and disappearing this would be impossible.
    With this system any member could access any invite, no matter how hard the invites are to get
    People only post in the wrong sections because they don't read the rules, i believe consequences should be put in place for repeat offenders
    My G/A HERE

All new members please read HERE!

My General Forum. Please feel free to join
    http://anythingforum.com/

Comment

ok question... how would people add to the 'database' of invites available and how would you get the igiver system linked to it? I also have concerns about abusing the system as at the moment we can track who has applied for what and where and how many times.

Just some food for thought.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sam91 View Post
        It's a nice idea but with the amount of trackers appearing and disappearing this would be impossible.
        With this system any member could access any invite, no matter how hard the invites are to get
        People only post in the wrong sections because they don't read the rules, i believe consequences should be put in place for repeat offenders
        Sam91,
        About the amount of trackers, I think that it is perfectly doable, same way as thereís rules on where to post each tracker. Also, I did not suggest all invites put on the same place, but rather keep the actual method of low/mid/high level invites, just with an optimized system. However, I do agree about the consequences. Thanks.

Originally posted by TankGirl View Post
        ok question... how would people add to the 'database' of invites available and how would you get the igiver system linked to it? I also have concerns about abusing the system as at the moment we can track who has applied for what and where and how many times.

Just some food for thought.
        TankGirl, A button that allows you to fill in a form, which once filled, it adds to the database. I donít think that supposes a problem either. About the iGiver system, I think it could stay the same way. Let me explain, forms are filled, invite offers are automatically posted in their correspondent location, then people are free to apply following the same system. Does it make sense?
        Thanks for the further thoughts.

Comment

So that understand what you are saying - we have a button say in the usercp that says invite G/A for instance - you press that, a form is then brought up and you complete it. On clicking ok, it posts the G/A in the relevant sub forum for you with all the details, screen shots required etc, etc.

How do you combat multiple invites to different trackers? i.e x5 PTM, x4 BG by the same person.

Don't get me wrong its a nice idea and I agree that some kind of automation would be nice. It certainly would tidy up the G/A forums and put them at a set standard.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TankGirl View Post
            So that understand what you are saying - we have a button say in the usercp that says invite G/A for instance - you press that, a form is then brought up and you complete it. On clicking ok, it posts the G/A in the relevant sub forum for you with all the details, screen shots required etc, etc.

How do you combat multiple invites to different trackers? i.e x5 PTM, x4 BG by the same person.

Don't get me wrong its a nice idea and I agree that some kind of automation would be nice. It certainly would tidy up the G/A forums and put them at a set standard.
            Close enough. Perhaps just a button in the G/A forum "Make new givaway", then the form. Inside the form, multiple options, for example: Tracker: (here drop donw box). Number of invites: (whatever number), Requirements: (blabla). Repeated as many times as needed for each tracker. Then the givaway's for each tracker would be displayed where it corresponds (depending on the level of the givaway) with all of them having the same layout, saving a lot of time on browsing through them,etc. for instance if in the form you filled in x5SCC and x4BG, BG would show under low level, whereas SCC under trusted, both under your username.

Have I made myself clear? Thanks for the insights. What do you think? ;)

Comment

Don't like the idea and i do not like the vote options cause there is no option to be against the idea completely. Anyway, people should determine for themselves where they should post there invites and if you really want a specific tracker you better start working for it.(searching) instead that everything is handed too you on a golden plate. As a matter of fact, i think the whole rule system/list of low level trackers should be eliminated.

Comment

I think its a good idea but only for low level invites.

Comment

Agree to Sam91 and myfm , but Why should it be any automated or complicated ?

also if there is a form to fill (as an applicant to an invite) it doesn't give much space to get creative with your application .

Comment

What's the problem with the current system? It's really not complicated at all, and by everything being public to TI members it helps ensure that trackers don't get taken advantage of. It's easy to learn and hard to abuse.

An automated system would be less transparent, and therefore easier to abuse and requiring more moderation.

Comment

Nah, I like this one, pretty awesome and simple :)
                      No need for revoluting T-I this way, only will give headaches to staff and other members :P :)
                      This fits for everyone's need I think, no complication to new members :)
                      Yeah, I'm the one and only McLovin from Superbad and the one and only Red Mist from Kick Ass :cursing:
                      YEAH I'M BACK!

A big thanks to all from T-I, special thanks for some users lalala

BRIDSKID FTW

Comment

I think having a template for the page layout would be useful. Like the name of the tracker and the requirements you have. The template would just organize the page so that it is easy to read and people know right where to look for requirements or whatever.

Any other organization to the threads and igiver links would be too complicated I think. Just a nice page template similar to some torrent upload forms would be cool i think, Anyone else think so too?

Comment

RonWD, I think that's a pretty nice proposal, not quite as extreme as I first proposed, but something along those lines would also be good. At least a bit more clean and easy.

Comment

Going to have to say no to this one for a few reasons:

1) It reinforces the trading vernacular that already permeates this site. Words like "high level" and "low level" should be removed, not strengthened by integrating them into the very fabric of our invite system. These are trading terms, and if we really want to move away from being perceived as a trading site, we also need to move away from these arbitrary labels. Inviters should be able to set the requirements for and choose the correct forum for their invites based on the users they wish to invite, not upon the rarity of the tracker itself. The current labeling system reinforces the idea that people gain rank to get into better sites, whereas the ideal system would be one where people gain rank in order to earn trust.

2) Thins are organized well enough. The "tag" system allows you to search for invites to specific sites already. Just use the advanced search. Site "categories" (as in games/music/general/etc) might not be a bad idea. We had them for a few days, though, and then admins removed them, so I don't think we'll be seeing them again anytime soon. They aren't that great though, so I don't feel we're really missing out on much.

3) By scripting/automating giveaways, we place arbitrary restraints on what the acceptable method of conducting a giveaway is. Personally, I find this troubling, and I sincerely hope that T-I doesn't go down this route. Again, the inviter should have total control over how they want to conduct their giveaway/competition.

4) I'm not sure I understand correctly, but are you also suggesting that invites be handed out automatically as well? Or are you just referring the actual categorization of the giveaway? If the former, the system would be far too easy to abuse. If the latter, I don't really see how this is much different than certain trackers with invite forums where each site is given a thread and invite offers are posted within the thread. Personally, I've always thought this system looked messy and very unappealing/unprofessional. Plus, it requires the person conducting the giveaway to deal with a ton of PM's that they wouldn't otherwise have to deal with. Furthermore, the current system allows member's applications to be scrutinized by both the inviter as well as fellow members, which is a secondary check against cheaters and scammers. If all invite giveaways were conducted via PM, this secondary check would be removed.

Overall, I'd have to say the negatives outweigh the benefits, if any, of this technique. Stricter adherence to properly titling the giveaway threads would probably be the most beneficial thing for us right now.

Just my .02

Originally posted by RonWD View Post
                            I think having a template for the page layout would be useful. Like the name of the tracker and the requirements you have. The template would just organize the page so that it is easy to read and people know right where to look for requirements or whatever.

Any other organization to the threads and igiver links would be too complicated I think. Just a nice page template similar to some torrent upload forms would be cool i think, Anyone else think so too?
                            I think this would be fine as long as it is not mandatory to use the template.

Comment

Working...
                            X