Rules for active intro section members?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by coldflame View Post
    I know it was discussed before, but what about "Thanking people in" instead of "Repping people in"

Otherwise, here is a perfect example where I repped someone in after someone else senior to me recommended it to me http://www.torrent-invites.com/intro...tml#post426390
    Thanking is disabled in the intro section because anyone with 5 posts can thank. This means brand new members could be repping people in. We don't want to disable thanks for the newbies, so this is not going to happen.

We are working on a solution that will allow everyone to start off their rep on an even scale so that those repped in by me (currently I have the highest rep power in the community) will receive the same amount of rep as someone who is repped in by a member with a rep power of 1.

Originally posted by flutrose View Post
    I've tried that and it doesn't work. The newer workers often don't even look at the intros that have been already worked on, or else they're afraid to rep it in over someone else (even if the intro says someone can rep it in). And I don't mind that, it's better than having an intro rudely stolen out from beneath me because some new worker came along and whhheeee, went on a repping spree and repped it in before I was finished with it.
    Also, Flutrose, regarding intro "stealing", I have drafted a rule to prevent this from happening. The proposed rule states "Do not overrule another member. If any member, (in particular senior members of the forum) asks for further information respect that and do NOT rep the member in, while others are waiting for answers." This rule may be altered slightly, as it must pass a staff vote, but I believe this will cut down on the frustration you must suffer by intro thiefs and rep-n-runners (those who merely rep without commenting). I have also proposed a rule that will eliminate that - forcing members to comment if they rep, allowing the entire forum to see who repped the member in. While staff can always look up this information, the new rule will increase accountability and cut down on irresponsible repping.

Originally posted by Xectar View Post
    Excellent. I've been trying to educate myself in the best way to help review Introductions while abiding to the rules but I was still unsure of some of them. It seems that in cases it overlaps with some of the ranks.

One example:
    Does the Donator or VIP rank overrule the 33% progress minimum rule on Introductions posting?

Currently, they are allowed. However, my new rule proposal document says that it does not. Even though VIPs may rep elsewhere, if they are brand new to the community they should be focusing their efforts on learning the rules themselves. A baby member need not decide who is allowed into the community before they even understand it.
    Last edited by JustJenna; December 9, 2009, 08:18 AM.

Comment

Great job everybody.

Pretty much all that I wanted to suggest has been said, so I'll leave it at that.

Comment

Regarding intro stealing, (not that i've done it) but in my case, sometimes i'm called away with work at short notice for extended periods of time. If i ask for some further information and/or them to fix parts of their intro up, then i get called away, they may do everything required but i won't be around to check it and rep them in.

Maybe have the "intro stealing" rule so that anyone is allowed to rep a new member in, as long as all previous requests to the intro author have been fulfilled to the requirement set by these rules.

The person that reps someone in should take ALL responsibility for that intro-writer, as they are saying that they are happy with the intro as it stands at the time of the rep-in.

Just a quick question, is the idea of moving the closed/old intros to a subforum still going ahead? i believe that will be a humongous help to the intro workers, no longer having to guess which intros are repped in, which are pending etc...

Comment

i was thinking on maybe have a minimum waiting list before repping in let the new members bump their intros for a while lets say 5 bumps or something.

in other words, help them get their intro's right and than they will have to bump it for 5 days or something / or a minimum of 1 week waiting time. this way it might give admins / moderators time. to check for dupe accounts and other demeanors and we can also see how much the person wants to be a part of the community.

I myself have repped people (well 2 to be exact :) in just a matter of hours or 1 day cause there intro was good but to enhance security it might be a good idea to let the new members wait for it.

Comment

Originally posted by JustJenna View Post
            Currently, they are allowed. However, my new rule proposal document says that it does not. Even though VIPs may rep elsewhere, if they are brand new to the community they should be focusing their efforts on learning the rules themselves. A baby member need not decide who is allowed into the community before they even understand it.
            Your proposed revised rule on repping does makes sense and I am for it, however, I was referring on the rule of simply posting in the Intros to help on the auditing process. This will also come handy for "baby" members to keep the rules of T-I fresh in their minds while assisting the veteran members to rep new users in. :001_smile:
            --
            Special thanks: myfm for repping me in.

Comment

Another suggestion to add
              Please take time to read how experienced members deal with intros before posting.
              My G/A HERE

All new members please read HERE!

My General Forum. Please feel free to join
              http://anythingforum.com/

Comment

Working...
              X