No announcement yet.

Rules for active intro section members?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rules for active intro section members?

In the same likeness of the New Member Guide, but not as vast, should there not be stickied rules for those who are active in the intro section?

There are a few unwritten 'rules' that 'some' of us follow, but would it not be beneficial to just bring many of them out in the open making them mandatory?

An example would be the quoting of intros. This, as far as I'm aware, isn't a rule. It's something that 'some' of us do because it's a copy (proof) of the original intro that we can retrack to if the applicant decides to make any fabrications.

This, in my view, is one of the most important unwritten rules we have, but often some members don't quote because it isn't a rule.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by SCavenJA; December 8, 2009, 01:19 PM.

This is exactly what T-I needs. It has been discussed before and i'm always for it. Too many members are repping in obvious scammers and cheaters because they are unaware of certain techniques. I am more than happy to lend my services to this if it is implemented

+rep
    My G/A HERE

All new members please read HERE!

My General Forum. Please feel free to join
    http://anythingforum.com/

Comment

Stickied rules would be great but what would be greater is to choose a certain number of people to take care of intros. I am sure there will be many volunteers to accept that duty including me. So that introductions would be evaluated in a more healtier and professional way.

Comment

Originally posted by Reducto View Post
        Stickied rules would be great but what would be greater is to choose a certain number of people to take care of intros. I am sure there will be many volunteers to accept that duty including me. So that introductions would be evaluated in a more healtier and professional way.
        I've actually thought of that in the past; having a selected team, so to speak.
        Thing is you'd have trouble convincing those who believe that there isn't enough working in the intro section at present, and they could be right.

Comment

I am already creating a list of rules for reppers. It will be posted shortly.

Also, the number of applicants we get on a daily basis is enormous. There is not enough help as it is - we cannot turn away those who want to help.

Comment

Originally posted by JustJenna View Post

Also, the number of applicants we get on a daily basis is enormous. There is not enough help as it is - we cannot turn away those who want to help.
            Great news. Is it open for suggestions?

Comment

Absolutely, I'd love your input. Post any suggestions you have here. =)

Comment

If you feel a midget (Intro author) is a cheater, scammer, dupe account holder etc, post saying so and leave for other members to look over.
                e.g. I believe [Insert midgets name] could be a possible dupe account holder.

Please quote the first post of every intro. We do this to track the changes the midget has made. Quoting the first post can also be used for future reference to catch out rule breakers.

Will post more when i think of them
                Sam
                My G/A HERE

All new members please read HERE!

My General Forum. Please feel free to join
                http://anythingforum.com/

Comment

I dont really know how to explain it, but when i rep these "midgets" in, I'll only give them a certain amount of slack. Say, up to two questions that were answered incorrectly and one that needs more explanation...

If theres too many mistakes, I just tell them something along the lines of

Hello Midget,

Its obvious that you haven't spent enough time reading the New User Guide. Please read the rules thoroughly and edit your intro otherwise nobody will be willing to rep you into this site.
                  People working intros should only have to get the intro workers to fix up minor mistakes and such, not tell people how to write up an intro.

An intro thread should never have to be more than one page... They should have a 3 strike rule (ok, maybe less - its not like we're hiding any information they need), that we will ask them to fix their intro about a certain object twice, (so their first strike is getting the initial intro wrong, then we've identified the same mistakes two more times) then the user is neg repped.

If all mistakes are posted in the first post, then the user should be pos or neg repped by the end of that page. (yeah there will be exceptions on occasion, but the vast majority should be done by the first page)

Anyway, thats my 2 cents worth, That the majority of the work should be on the intro-writers back, not on the Intro Reppers back.
                  Last edited by coldflame; December 8, 2009, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Now that we have an extensive guide and FAQ for the new members making their introduction, I think we should more often refer them to those stickies instead of telling them what to change in their intro.

Comment

That's exactly what I started doing since yesterday.So this is an excellent suggestion.
                      BTW there are no other stickies left at the intro section except - the new member guide and Dave's sticky,that trading is forbidden.

So I second Archi's idea,that every intro worker should refer the newbies(midgets) to the new member guide:
                      http://www.torrent-invites.com/intro...ber-guide.html
                      If they fail to do all what is required for a good intro,than we can tell them,what is wrong.And let them improve their intro.If they fail again,than it's obvious,they do not pay attention to us,haven't read the guide carefully and haven't tried really hard to make a proper intro,so we don't rep them in.Or at least give them a few days to rethink,what is wrong with their intro.

But for midgets bumping their intro again and again without editing their mistakes,then we shouldn't try to give them further advise and leave the particular intro.If bump they intro again with posts like "what's wrong with my intro" or "hello,are you gonna rep me in", but their original intro post is still with the old ratio proofs and short answers and have nothing against trading or are indiffrent,than we rep them negativ.

Everything else has been already said,so this is all I can thing of right now.

Maybe the people with higher rep power,who are policing the intro A and find it good,but don't want to rep it, should post in it and say,that this midget is ok to be repped in T-I,so the other intro workers with lower rep power to rep him/her in.Cause otherweise myself,flutrose,JJ,Dan,....... give these midgets direct access to trusted section(they only need the 100 post after that).

Originally posted by Archi View Post
                      Now that we have an extensive guide and FAQ for the new members making their introduction, I think we should more often refer them to those stickies instead of telling them what to change in their intro.
                      Last edited by Jekata; December 8, 2009, 07:33 PM.
                      Born from a mortal mother, but son of the God of war Ares, half human - half God, gifted with special powers, he secretly fights since the making of the Earth with the prime evils for the survival of our race. Without a doubt the most talented warrior of the known world, he singlehandedly defeated armies of hell's creatures and demons, smashing their bones to pieces with his heavy maul. Now he had been brought back to life and with his newly found strength, he's ready to face his greatest challenge ever, the fight with the immortals, I present to you, The Exalted!

Comment

Maybe the people with higher rep power,who are policing the intro A and find it good,but don't want to rep it, should post in it and say,that this midget is ok to be repped in T-I,so the other intro workers with lower rep power to rep him/her in.Cause otherweise myself,flutrose,JJ,Dan,....... give these midgets direct access to trusted section(they only need the 100 post after that).
                        I agree with this. I know some of you higher repped users are already doing so and leaving it to others to rep certain, qualified newbies in. To add to that, I suggest we should set a cutoff to users with a certain rep amount from repping newbies in.

Comment

I've tried that and it doesn't work. The newer workers often don't even look at the intros that have been already worked on, or else they're afraid to rep it in over someone else (even if the intro says someone can rep it in). And I don't mind that, it's better than having an intro rudely stolen out from beneath me because some new worker came along and whhheeee, went on a repping spree and repped it in before I was finished with it.
                          Born of mortal flesh and blood, she has toiled with understanding cyphers at times so oblique as to defy all understanding, drawing the attention of those so hidden in the shadows that their substance is not even the stuff of legends. Her work, both revered and reviled, continues to this day, as The Exalted.

Lovin' T-I !!!!

Custom avatar created by demon. Thank you so much!

Comment

I know it was discussed before, but what about "Thanking people in" instead of "Repping people in"

Otherwise, here is a perfect example where I repped someone in after someone else senior to me recommended it to me http://www.torrent-invites.com/intro...tml#post426390

Comment

Originally posted by JustJenna View Post

Excellent. I've been trying to educate myself in the best way to help review Introductions while abiding to the rules but I was still unsure of some of them. It seems that in cases it overlaps with some of the ranks.

One example:
                              Does the Donator or VIP rank overrule the 33% progress minimum rule on Introductions posting?
                              --
                              Special thanks: myfm for repping me in.

Comment

Working...
                              X